Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness (43139 Views)

Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics / Oówù Water Falls; The Pride Of Owa-onire, A Natural Tourist Site To Visit / La Sagrada Familia The World Wonder In Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by DisGuy: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2017
Nice adventure for you but looks uninteresting.

Tourism in Nigeria really need re-branding.

No road network. No accommodation. No security. No signage
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by lamzyano: 11:57am On Feb 20, 2017
Doublypay.com.ng
Doublypay.com.ng
Doublypay.com.ng
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by saintdennis(m): 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

sorry for all d blunders jor,my phone is not used to short hand writings yet

Lol its normal jare.

No qualms
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by Mecoy(m): 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
mayoor15:
Oga except you carry jet go, it's not possible, you said you walked from the village head house to the fall for 30minutes haba, no lie is more blatant than that, even the OP on a bike will use close to 30minutes cos of the sorry state of the road as well as its slanting and sloppy nature talkless of someone walking.

For the last time, we drove for almost four hours from Sobi Cantonment to the village head's house. After formalties, he gave us a tour guide to lead us there. We spent about THIRTY MINUTES WALKING! Now to be logical, ask yourself questions about alternative routes.

I usually dont indulge shallow minded people, and I wont be replying you anymore after this.

Cheers!
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by TulsaOklahoma: 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=OBALORLA post=53873549]

I'd love to go again if few more people will be willing[/I'd like to join for d trip,I'm serving at offa,chat me up on whatsapp 08099815948]
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by TulsaOklahoma: 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=Mecoy post=53864903]Once visited the water fall with some army officers. Had to walk about 30minutes from the village head's home to the fall. We walked in the thick jungle. That has totally discouraged me from going there again.

Did you have to navigate the jungle too?

If you didnt have to navigate the jungle, it means there is another alternative route to the waterfall. Then I might visit again asap with some friends.[/Mr mecoy would love to join u for your next trip,here's my whatsapp number 08099815948 chat me up so we could arrange]
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by TulsaOklahoma: 12:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=saxwizard post=53864611]looks cool. ...who will visit with me [/I'm down,08099815948 chat me up so we cud fix a date]
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by ricki: 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
OBALORLA:
To be very honest here, the thought of me touring Owu falls (the tallest in Nigeria) kept me awake all night- It was the longest since my arrival in Kwara and unknown to the poor me, I was about embarking on my most dangerous mission.

Ur site is very challanging but painfull to read as everything is everywia. Pictures are missing most places. good work nevertheless
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by mayoor15(m): 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
Mecoy:

For the last time, we drove for almost four hours from Sobi Cantonment to the village head's house. After formalties, he gave us a tour guide to lead us there. We spent about THIRTY MINUTES WALKING! Now to be logical, ask yourself questions about alternative routes.

I usually dont indulge shallow minded people, and I wont be replying you anymore after this.

Cheers!
And in your mind you think your mind isn't shallow, you think it's someone that doesn't know kwara you are talking to, sobi next to shao isn't it, 4 hours in private vehicle to owu fall..... SMH for you first of all for all your wonderful lies, secondly,if you went to the village head house, definitely there is only one route to pass and that is through the bridge that links the village to the forest, just keep your lies of 30minutes to yourself, even if you went during d dry season and the bridge was okay, the car would still need to navigate the road for about 10-15minutes till it gets to a place where it can move any longer.
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by naturefellow(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Great writing!

1 Like

Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by crownfitsme(f): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
Its a nice adventure. I was so sacred when I visited the place. Had to pick 2k bike from the town to the location cos the road is not motorable.
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
saintdennis:

Lol its normal jare.
No qualms
alright
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by tohpahz(f): 9:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
dyabman:

Seems you don't believe in Mermaids , do you ?
Show me one. I'd believe
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by dyabman(m): 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
tohpahz:

Show me one. I'd believe

Daddy showkey ni
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by Nobody: 2:13am On Feb 21, 2017
To me it's not worth the stress. Might as well take a bucket of water and pour over my head cause that's what those pictures make it look like. You cannot compare this to the waterfall at Ikom in Cross River state, that's what you call breathtaking smiley

1 Like

Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by rakazytee(f): 9:13am On Feb 21, 2017
OBALORLA:

shoot me a mail at : tunde@nomadicnegro.com
we will sure organize a low cost travel down there soon.

Alryt then
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by OBALORLA(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
in case anyone wants to join me in my next trip. see this.
reach me on 08021031732 if you are willing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by dingbang(m): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
Misypee:
Wao in Nigeria? How come its not a tourist destination
lol even if it is, would u like to visit?
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by Misypee(f): 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
dingbang:
lol even if it is, would u like to visit?
sure
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by dingbang(m): 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Misypee:
sure
I've been there tho... Its a very nice spot...... Am sure u have a thing for swimming
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by Misypee(f): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
dingbang:
I've been there tho... Its a very nice spot...... Am sure u have a thing for swimming
just love nature, especially wonderful ones like this
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by dingbang(m): 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
Misypee:
just love nature, especially wonderful ones like this
we got same interests then... I'm Ik by the way..... cool

1 Like

Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by Misypee(f): 10:24am On Feb 22, 2017
dingbang:
we got same interests then... I'm Ik by the way..... cool
peace
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by dingbang(m): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2017
Misypee:
peace
alright... Please follow back.. Thanks
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by OBALORLA(m): 10:09am On Feb 25, 2017
Bflexing kindly send your mail to tunde@nomadicnegro.com
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by Bflexing(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
OBALORLA:
ok
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by Bamz(m): 12:19am On Apr 10, 2017
OBALORLA:

Hey Chief, when's the next trip?
Re: Mindblowing Pictures Of Owu Falls- The Unpopular Wonder In The Wilderness by OBALORLA(m): 6:32am On Apr 16, 2017
hello,
Imo is next, but I am doing it solo.
a fan however requested I did LCC so I don't know if you'd don't mind joining me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘It Was Chartered From Ethiopia’, Nigeria Air MD Breaks Silence On Controversy / Man Backing Baboon On A Bike In Lagos (Photos) / Tourist Attraction Sites In Anambra.. Places You Should Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.