Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Christmas - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christmas (798 Views)

So What Did You Get For Christmas? :) / How Can I Get Mtn "yello Christmas" Song? / Merry Christmas & Compliments Of The Season. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas by xxcarolxx(f): 1:37am On Dec 09, 2009
This is one xmas im not looking forward to as my dad has recently passed away. Its hard to get up each day & know you will never look upon his face again. I know death is hard at any time to face but why does it seem more hard at xmas. Im dreading the thoughts of going down to my mum's xmas morning knowing i will not see him enjoying his sup of whiskey, & having a laugh with friends & relatives.
Re: Christmas by MrCrackles(m): 1:43am On Dec 09, 2009
Sorry. . . . sad
Re: Christmas by xxcarolxx(f): 1:49am On Dec 09, 2009
Thanks Mr crackles,
Re: Christmas by tubabie(f): 2:08am On Dec 09, 2009
Aww am sorry you have to deal with this now. Take heart and try to dwell more on the good times you had with him. wink
Re: Christmas by Fhemmmy: 2:40am On Dec 09, 2009
So sorry to hear that, however, i am sure your Dad wont be happy to know that you wont be happy all cos of him, he would want u to enjoy your xmas and be happy.
So dig in deep within you and find the happiness, do it for him and do it for people around you and i pray that God will comfort you.
Re: Christmas by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2009
Re: Christmas by foyeks2001(f): 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2009
@poster
sorry, pele, ndo
Re: Christmas by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2009
chaircover:

Pele O. May God comfort you and your family.

Try and think of the good memories. My dad passed away a few years ago and I still find myself smiling to myself sometimes when I remember the good times we shared together. Its hard, but I try not to feel sad when on special occassions he is not here to witness them.

As Femi said, I'm sure your dad will want you all to be happy.

It is well with you.

That is a good advice.
I am not sure what i would do when i lose my parent . . . . i beg God to bless me to bless them yafuyafu oh, so that i will know i did all i cld do while they were alive.
Re: Christmas by xxcarolxx(f): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2009
Thanks you guys, your kind words mean a lot, i appreciate it. May god bless you all.
Re: Christmas by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Dec 09, 2009
Amen
Re: Christmas by nwaka80(f): 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
Try and enjoy yourself while the fun last, he's dead and being moody won't bring him back, you're even lucky u have smthing to say and remember about ur dad, the story is different in my own case cos i lose him when i can hardly remember or say anything good or bad about him, such is life for you, all d same take heart.
Re: Christmas by iice(f): 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
Condolences
Re: Christmas by OAM4J: 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
Sorry. It will be well. Its a phase, it will soon go. Please be strong, your mum will need your strength, cos right now you are one of the best reasons she is not giving up. Take her out, make her happy, think of special things you can do together and let her know that happiness is still for people like her. All the best. I really pray you will look back after Christmas and be glad it came.

(1) (Reply)

Man To Marry Dead Wife / Good Ivf Treatment / Breaking A Convenant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.