Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Before Your Start A News Blog In Nigeria Read This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Before Your Start A News Blog In Nigeria Read This (995 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Blog In 2019 / Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please / Who's Interested In Starting A News Blog/ Agency Wit Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before Your Start A News Blog In Nigeria Read This by FellepHq(m): 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
I just finished designing a NEWS BLOG for a client www.Jerruflex.com and from the experience I'd like to share an inside information every aspiring news blogger should know.

News blogging is a trend in Nigeria, news blogs pop up every day in Nigeria, fueled by the success of some news blogs like lindaikejiblog.com, bellanaija.com and the like, many youngsters are diving into blogging in the bid to earn a living from the fast trend of internet wealth.

Important Truths In News Blogging

This is the most important truths in News Blogging that no one will tell you until you are deep in it.
It’s a Saturated Niche

You keep hearing about success stories of professional bloggers earning 7 figures but nobody tells you the niche is pretty saturated, there are many bloggers out there carrying the same news as you, why should readers choose you instead from a conglomerate of blogs out there. Daily, many news blogs are abandoned, some deleted or re-niche because of how hard it is to get organic traffic for news blogs, the search engines have a hard time choosing which blogs appears where from a sea of blogs reporting the same thing. It’s really hard to drive organic traffic to news sites except you are doing the 7 things I will talk about later.
You Need to Develop Skills

Yes, copyrighting skill, the ability to create attention catching headlines and interesting topics. Then the skill to captivate readers and hold them spell bound as they devour your news piece.

You also have to master the act of timing, and human psychology (Bad news is good news).
Social Media is Your Friend

Most News bloggers pull majority of their traffic from social media, so it’s important you master social media marketing, understand how things work on social media platforms. But be careful not to spread yourself thin, choose a platform that you bond with mostly and focus on that. Maximize your reach and reiterate your success.
It Takes A While Before The Money Starts Coming

There is no gainsaying the fact that most newbie bloggers are in it for the money, but are mostly disappointed when nothing comes in after months of toil, that’s the truth, it takes a while to break even blogging, for some 6 months, others may take several years. You have to be patience. But then, you have to plan for alternative source of income to keep you going while waiting for the maturity of your News blogging investment.

Source: https://jerruflex.com/run-successful-news-blog-nigeria/
Re: Before Your Start A News Blog In Nigeria Read This by WordpressPhysco: 3:40am On Oct 06, 2020
For those still looking for how to start a blog in Nigeria and succeed check this out. https://isuawealthyplace.com/start-a-blog-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Help Guys. I Need Assistance In Web Development / Best SEO In Nigeria, Webmasters And Backlinks Professionals / Adsense For Sale At Very Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.