Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

To all Nigerian students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To all Nigerian students (590 Views)

Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation / JAMB CUT OFF MARK 2018/2019 FOR ALL NIGERIAN INSTITUTIONS - 09082964145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To all Nigerian students by Thepasserby(m): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dear Students,

I know we are angry, I know we have tried all we could to get their attention, I know our leaders have failed us, I know our voice is not longer audible. The more we shout, the less they hear us. I know we have been betrayed and our rights have been trampled upon. Yes, I am also aware of the fact that we are treated like shit by our institutions. We have every right to be angry but we have demonstrated our anger in the wrong way.

Our institutions should be ashamed of us, we are nothing but a disgrace to our nation. If we do what illiterates do then there is no difference between us. The reason why we are where we are today is because we have failed to gain freedom from the corrupted mindset handed down to us by the previous generation. They believed no one can hear us unless we set the whole place ablaze, they have kept us in the cocoon of violence. To them, being a student is to be relatively arrogant and violent.

Alutarism has lost its meaning in our schools. We claim our leaders are corrupt yet we ourselves follow in their footsteps.

Our nation and institutions of higher learning have made learning process a living hell for us. To our professors and members of the senate, please remember that you were once like us and we will one day be like and even teach your children or grandchildren.

Great students, burning down your school or staging a protest is not the right way to let our voices be heard. Let us behave like the educated students that we are. We have a mighty weapon at our disposal. We are students and our education is our weapon. The pen is mightier than the sword. When we feel things are not right, we should sit down an think like educated men and women and map out a good plan that will show the world we are educated. Let it trend on twitter, let it trend on Facebook and share it all over the school until it gets to the right authorities.

Anger does not solve any problem, dear students our parents have failed this country, shall we also behave like them? Its time to drop the anger and start thinking of the way forward.

Stop the violence and start thinking.

With love from a friend of yours.

1 Like

Re: To all Nigerian students by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yeah..... We should find a way to make our feelings known to our leaders, other than fighting and destroying of properties, or keeping quiet

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Releases Approved Cbt Centers / Plight Of A Kogi State University Graduate / Study On Affordable Tuition In Georgia For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.