Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Chaos In The Us: Trump In Very Big Trouble As New Yorkers Take The Street - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chaos In The Us: Trump In Very Big Trouble As New Yorkers Take The Street (672 Views)

Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos / US Trump Vs Russian Putin In Historic First Handshake After The Threats Of War / 2.5million: Crowd Marching Against Trump In The U.S. (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chaos In The Us: Trump In Very Big Trouble As New Yorkers Take The Street by lightblazingnow(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
Chaos in the US: Trump in trouble as New Yorkers take to the streets in protest, even as McMaster becomes new national security adviser

About 3000 anti-Trump protesters marched in New York on Monday, February 20, shouting "not my president!".

Chaos in the US: Trump in trouble as New Yorkers take to the streets in protest, even as McMaster becomes new national security adviser
Daily Mail reports that they were joined by others in cities across the country as the nation celebrated its Presidents Day holiday.

In a festive mood, demonstrators of all ages and ethnicities gathered in Columbus Circle, in front of Trump International Hotel and near Central Park to voice their dismay with President Donald Trump.

Grassroot Opposition

The protests aim to show grassroots opposition to the Republican president remains fervent one month after his January 20 inauguration.

On Monday, anti-Trump activists took advantage of the federal public holiday, dedicated to US presidents, to organize "Not My Presidents Day" rallies in a number of cities including Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Washington.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
In New York, where the unofficial crowd estimate was 3,000, Rima Strauss, a retired psychotherapist, wore a jean jacket with a button "Not my president" and another one of Putin holding a baby Donald in diapers.

"He's hurting our country. We're losing our country if we don't do something," Strauss said.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: Tension arises as Russian ambassador to the United Nations dies in New York

"Trump won't listen to us, but if ordinary people march in the streets, maybe we'll have some kind of revolution against Trump, I hope."

Qamar Khan, a 26-year-old medical school student from Pakistan, said he wanted to voice disagreement with Trump.

"We are not protesting. We are Muslims. We want to spread the message of peace and love, true Islam. I do obey President Trump as our president, but I don't have to agree with his policies."

One month after his inauguration, President Trump has seen his approval ratings sag and the political divisions of his election deepen.

A new president's traditional honeymoon? It's nowhere in sight.

Ratings sag

Trump retains overwhelming support among Republicans. In the latest Pew Research Center poll, 84% of Republicans said they approved of the job Trump was doing as president, comparable to the ratings other newly elected presidents have gotten at this point among their own partisans.

Unlike other new presidents, however, Trump hasn't expanded his appeal to include those who didn't help elect him. Just 8% of Democrats approve of the job he's doing, by far the lowest standing for any modern president from the opposition party.

Overall, Trump's approval ratings this month in traditional surveys taken by telephone interviewers range from 39% in the Pew Poll to 48% in a Fox News poll. His disapproval ratings range from 56% in Pew to 47% in Fox.

Re: Chaos In The Us: Trump In Very Big Trouble As New Yorkers Take The Street by greatnaija01: 11:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
fooools they want a PRESIDENT THAT WILL CONDONE RUBBISH.... America is being PURGED... and TRUMP will expose OBAMA and CLINTON and bring GOOD STANDARD POLICES INTO EXISTENCE... no matter the protest TRUMP WILL REIGN.. he can not be killed or stopped. NAIJA NEEDS someone like that

lightblazingnow:

About 3000 anti-Trump protesters marched in New York on Monday, February 20, shouting "not my president!".

Daily Mail reports that they were joined by others in cities across the country as the nation celebrated its Presidents Day holiday.

In a festive mood, demonstrators of all ages and ethnicities gathered in Columbus Circle, in front of Trump International Hotel and near Central Park to voice their dismay with President Donald Trump.

Grassroot Opposition

The protests aim to show grassroots opposition to the Republican president remains fervent one month after his January 20 inauguration.

On Monday, anti-Trump activists took advantage of the federal public holiday, dedicated to US presidents, to organize "Not My Presidents Day" rallies in a number of cities including Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Washington.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
In New York, where the unofficial crowd estimate was 3,000, Rima Strauss, a retired psychotherapist, wore a jean jacket with a button "Not my president" and another one of Putin holding a baby Donald in diapers.

"He's hurting our country. We're losing our country if we don't do something," Strauss said.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: Tension arises as Russian ambassador to the United Nations dies in New York

"Trump won't listen to us, but if ordinary people march in the streets, maybe we'll have some kind of revolution against Trump, I hope."

Qamar Khan, a 26-year-old medical school student from Pakistan, said he wanted to voice disagreement with Trump.

"We are not protesting. We are Muslims. We want to spread the message of peace and love, true Islam. I do obey President Trump as our president, but I don't have to agree with his policies."

One month after his inauguration, President Trump has seen his approval ratings sag and the political divisions of his election deepen.

A new president's traditional honeymoon? It's nowhere in sight.

Ratings sag

Trump retains overwhelming support among Republicans. In the latest Pew Research Center poll, 84% of Republicans said they approved of the job Trump was doing as president, comparable to the ratings other newly elected presidents have gotten at this point among their own partisans.

Unlike other new presidents, however, Trump hasn't expanded his appeal to include those who didn't help elect him. Just 8% of Democrats approve of the job he's doing, by far the lowest standing for any modern president from the opposition party.

Overall, Trump's approval ratings this month in traditional surveys taken by telephone interviewers range from 39% in the Pew Poll to 48% in a Fox News poll. His disapproval ratings range from 56% in Pew to 47% in Fox.

1 Like

Re: Chaos In The Us: Trump In Very Big Trouble As New Yorkers Take The Street by SalamRushdie: 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
Another Soros sponsored group of never do wells who are ready for America to fall but God will not let that happen ..Trump is spending 8 years as president

1 Like

Re: Chaos In The Us: Trump In Very Big Trouble As New Yorkers Take The Street by Lucasbalo(m): 1:38am On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Another Soros sponsored group of never do wells who are ready for America to fall but God will not let that happen ..Trump is spending 8 years as president
You never ceases to amaze me. Loving America more than Americans.

1 Like

Re: Chaos In The Us: Trump In Very Big Trouble As New Yorkers Take The Street by lightblazingnow(m): 7:40am On Feb 21, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You never ceases to amaze me. Loving America more than Americans.

Truth be told

(1) (Reply)

Top Richest Presidents In Africa 2017, Angola Tops With $20 Billion / US Will 'take Names Of Those Who Vote To Reject Jerusalem Recognition' / Finally Revealed! Why Female Shooter Opened Fire At Youtube HQ (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.