Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,578 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action (15822 Views)

Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens / Naira Depreciates Marginally Against Dollar / CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by SleekyPosh(m): 7:44am On Feb 21, 2017
ToriBlue:
Nawa o, the best thing is to just leave this country.

Letz leave 2geda nd Get married..Checked ur pics nd loving Ya all over... smiley..Ya mind hooking up with moi?
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by onatisi(m): 7:45am On Feb 21, 2017
DoyenExchange:
We are in a fix!
Really really sad that Nigeria is presently been ruled by terribly sick old fools who normally shouldn't be anywhere near political power. But hunger and poverty is the price Nigerians will have to pay for been so dumb in voting these incompetent foools into power.
The bitter truth is buhari wont die,he will come back to his seat and complete his term. Nigerians still have an extra 2 years of problems to finish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by AngelicBeing: 7:45am On Feb 21, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Someone told me Buhari is not sick. He technically ran away when the situation has gone out of his control. Watch him come back when Osinbajo fixes things
tongue

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by abescom: 7:46am On Feb 21, 2017
Mboi2:

This hungry fool that collected N2500 to defend incompetence, pls shut ur dirty mouth. It's smelling.
By the special grace of the almighty, I can feed you and your family for the next 10 years successful.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by eagleeye2: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2017
Zone Bs think governance is all about sentiment. We said it. we shouted it. In a 100 years, Buhari can never be better than he was in 1983, but they. said it was hatred.
I remember saying that all I wish is for Buhari and APC to prove me wrong and make me a liar.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by eagleeye2: 7:56am On Feb 21, 2017
onatisi:

Really really sad that Nigeria is presently been ruled by terribly sick old fools who normally shouldn't be anywhere near political power. But hunger and poverty is the price Nigerians will have to pay for been so dumb in voting these incompetent foools into power.
The bitter truth is buhari wont die,he will come back to his seat and complete his term. Nigerians still have an extra 2 years of problems to finish
You are indeed a prophet, when it comes to this administration. Some people think everyone criticizing this incompetent people hate them. No. some of us are actually patriots who love our country.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Zenithpeak(m): 7:58am On Feb 21, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Someone told me Buhari is not sick. He technically ran away when the situation has gone out of his control. Watch him come back when Osinbajo fixes things

You are not far from the truth my guy. cool

When Buhari technically run away from his official responsibilities the situation of electricity shore up and I technically believe if he finally move out of the scene economy will also get better.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Mboi2: 8:04am On Feb 21, 2017
Zenithpeak:

You are not far from the truth my guy. cool

When Buhari technically run away from his official responsibilities the situation of electricity shore up and I technically believe if he finally move out of the scene economy will also get better.
I tell you, Buhari is a bad luck to this nation.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by SleekyPosh(m): 8:05am On Feb 21, 2017
AccessME:
It's so disheartening Nigeria is depreciating to this extent after all the juicy promises APC made to us.

it's already in our mind to vote them out

2019 is getting closer!

2019 is too far Bro..if the country can be degenerating at this pace..Bro better save up..nd find ur way outta this country..Now that U still can.. lipsrsealed
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:07am On Feb 21, 2017
Anthony0094:
I wonder what makes this adminstration think they will be voted for second term
No they won't. They will rig themselves in after incapacitating the opposition.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Firstcitizen: 8:07am On Feb 21, 2017
ToriBlue:
Nawa o, the best thing is to just leave this country.

And go where
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Nathan2016: 8:08am On Feb 21, 2017
You are a wise man
matrix199:
Naira keeps losing value.

People shouldn't leave money in banks lying idly with a meagre interest. A N1million savings would lose its value at the end of the year with the way naira depreciates.

The wise would head to his bank, get his savings out and invest with it, or buy appreciable assets.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by onatisi(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2017
eagleeye2:

You are indeed a prophet, when it comes to this administration. Some people think everyone criticizing this incompetent people hate them. No. some of us are actually patriots who love our country.
Baba me it is really sad o and it always pains me . Been ruled by incompetent foolls and ediots isn't really painful as seeing how dummb and stewpid their followers keep following them and believing every word they say. That is actually the painful part,some compounds fools still go about saying all these problems isn't buhari fault. So whose fault is it ?mine?
Baba mi lets forget Nigeria case,let ppl just expect another fuel hike
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Firstcitizen: 8:10am On Feb 21, 2017
no1madman:

Enter my bedroom make we kill ourselves..
grin
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by InvertedHammer: 8:10am On Feb 21, 2017
/
All the oil-producing countries that failed to save are going through serious economic hardship: Nigeria, Azerbaijan, Suriname,Ecuador and Venezuela. Even Saudi Arabia with much of foreign reserves had to cut back on her social programmes.
If in doubt, when you get a job, blow your income on a regular basis. Then when you get fired, let's see how much you can hang on. It gets worse--Buhari and the people in-charge are still spending and wasting funds like everything is ok. Peruse through the 2016 budget, one can deduce that reality hasn't sunk in yet.
\

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Yeeyo: 8:10am On Feb 21, 2017
President buhari is breakin the record of uselessin the naira, and still some illiterate educated will tell u is PDP 4goten that buhari is an illiterate.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 21, 2017
As long as we keep importing everything we need and don't need the naira will continue to loose value, coke sells for 1 cedi in Ghana, which is almost N300 naira.

I Indian gari is imported to Nigeria it sells in 500g sachets. We eport tons of cassava to them cheap and buy costly 500g gari, gari which is more expensive than 500g Peak Milk.

Buhari promise of N1000 =1 dollar is a reality.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by plainol(m): 8:24am On Feb 21, 2017
Nigerians are naturally wired to be mischievous, one idiot Malam will sit at the corner of his room and dictate price to make excessive profit.

After being front runner for looters. Imagine how much Andrew Yakubu would have made if he had sold those dollars himself. He might just decide his own is #950 and we would all have been shouting government.

The list is endless.

A Tinubu can do the same or Atiku, Patience and Goodluck Jonathan, Ibrahim Mantu, Igbinedion, Akpabio, Ameachi, Gbenga Daniel, Ifeanyi Uba, Dangote, Danjuma, Babangida, Deziani Madueke, Bukola Saraki, David Mark, Oritsejafor, Obasanjo, Abdul Salam Abubakar, Ali Modu Sheriff, Fashola, or even our respected Reverend Fathers.

These people raped Nigeria to coma, it's a pity our current leaders are indebted and part of these people.

Only a revolution can resolve Nigeria's issue. We have been caged. They also have the backing of all the security apparatus you can ever think of.

No amount of preaching can change their mind, they need to see action from the citizens, but till then, we are still thier 150 million MUMUS.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Kobicove(m): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2017
Our economy is now being run by a bunch of confused idiots!
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Theology: 8:37am On Feb 21, 2017
unclezuma:
My I told you so dance... when the USD and other currencies hit above 1000% their official prices.

I hope this is no dollars madness
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by aminho(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:
cry cry cry cry

Lord Have Mercy cry

I'll surely buy at 520 Naira today at Barewa exchange here in Maiduguri because I'm sure $1 will exchange for a N1000 Naira before Easter Celebrations cool
barewa dosnt have usd oo i they have to collect from sammy jus
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by alpontif(m): 8:44am On Feb 21, 2017
For corporate buyers, I have a corporate seller who has dollars for sale in Nigeria at 513/$ . min of 10m$.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by lastmaster(m): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2017
Apc don't have anything good to offer to Nigerians, they just take power without any aim.That's why buhari the dullard and clueless fool refused to partake in the presidential debate.Apc is a curse party.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by ritababe(f): 8:50am On Feb 21, 2017
no1madman:
Enter my bedroom make we kill ourselves..
grin naughty boy
Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Reference(m): 8:56am On Feb 21, 2017
abescom:
I laugh when you people blindly/in ignorance blame the current government for the woes of the naira. What would the government have done? Our only source of forex the oil has lost more than 50% of it value and you expect naira to do better than it is currently doing?

Isn't you lot that specalise in praising and defending corrupt elements? When only one person hid over 9 million dollars and you expect us not to have scarcity? Imagine the amount of dollars that has been stolen by the polithievians?

The situation of the naira is not rock science. Those of us who use their heads knew the value of the naira under GEJ was artificial. And we also know that wi dwindling oil prices, the naira can only be battered.

The fact that you admit that this government cannot do anything about the situation is an indictment of its performance. And I hope Nigerians will chart a different course come 2019, electing leaders able to listen to people and willing to be proactive in solution finding. Hopefully we will leave you chaps doing historicals while the rest of Nigeria forges ahead.

We are closer to the end of this regime that from the beginning. We have crossed the half way point where all things should be seen in the neutral but folks like you are still looking for rocks to crawl under, holes to bury your heads in, endless denials. I said it months ago. If the Jonathan past will determine the performance of this government, come 2019 what wil be the basis of its campaign. We will have another Lucky Igbinedion scenario.

Listening to a radio program in Abuja this morning on the travails of the PDP, it is clear that this government's failure is a result of the lack of political opposition. If there was there is no way this country will have drifted this badly. All and every move including the disastrous foreign excahnge policy wil have been thoroughly debated and vigorously resisted. But no one can speak because they all stole. The natural alarm clocks built into the polity have been turned off because they are an early morning irritant so the chap is about to be sacked for getting late to work.

When people criticise in a democracy, no matter how bad it may be perceived, it is a necessary tool for keeping leaders on their toes and is the only guarantee for performance because power corrupts naturally. Opposition brought us this government with so much hope, and opportunity to change things. So keep blaming your teachers and clapping for mediocrity. When you eventually wake up to reality, there will be nothing left.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action by Marty2020: 8:57am On Feb 21, 2017
hmmm, this is a very critical situation, alot of things will go up now... we shall survive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Life Hacks On How To Save & Manage Money In Nigeria / Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal / New Rules For Banks On Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.