Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,993 members, 7,952,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment (855 Views)

PDP Calls On White House, UK Over "Attack" On Governor Fayose / Goodluck Jonathan At Anambra PDP Governorship Campaign Rally (Photos) / Oseloka Obaze Wins Anambra PDP Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by 1click(f): 7:07am On Feb 21, 2017
Anambra PDP calls for Obiano’s impeachment •Petitions State House of Assembly

By Pamela Eboh, Awka ‎

Chairman of Anambra State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Ken Emeakayi, has called on the State House of Assembly to impeach Governor Willie Obiano for what it described as his constitutional breaches.

According to the party, the Governor embarked on a 30 days journey abroad without transmitting a letter to that effect to the State House of Assembly as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

It urged the House to commence impeachment process on Obiano for violating the constitution he swore to uphold.

The party noted that the Governor on his return from the overseas trip also failed to transmit a letter to the House upon his return, adding that the development has made the Obiano unfit to continue as the Governor of the state.

Emeakayi said: “We have written to the Police, DSS and other security agencies in the country to let them know that the Governor is now acting illegally.

“We have duly notified the State House of Assembly in a separate letter and we are calling on them to immediately commence impeachment proceedings on the Governor because his offence is very clear,

“Obiano had on the 5th of January, at the peak of the yuletide travelled to the US, without transmitting a letter to the House of Assembly, and stayed 30 days without his deputy acting as governor and as such not fit to continue with the task upon return. He is no longer the governor of this state by this breach.”

PDP further reeled out Obiano’s other offences to include the non conduct of local government elections in the state as required by section seven of the constitution saying that it was also a constitutional offence for impeachment.

The party observed that there were plans by the Governor to appoint caretaker committee leadership into the Local Government councils, instead of holding elections to democratise that tier of government.

Source: http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/anambra-pdp-calls-for-obianos.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Kingsley1000(m): 7:12am On Feb 21, 2017
this forthcoming election is gotta be very interesting ...i advice obiano not to contest to avoid the looming defeat.......#correction2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 21, 2017
Wetin consign me

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:17am On Feb 21, 2017
Kingsley1000:
this forthcoming election is gotta be very interesting ...i advice obiano not to contest to avoid the looming defeat.......#correction2017
You are really a clown,if u re so sure u guys would defeat d working Obiano,why been afraid of him contesting?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Kyase(m): 7:24am On Feb 21, 2017
Obiano APC is calling, jump now.... grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Devices(m): 7:49am On Feb 21, 2017
Kingsley1000:
The man never did anything for my people but we will still vote for him again.

PDP is a disaster, almost all the states controlled by PDP are not performing.

Check all the northern and southern states, totally broke.

The PDP party will never contaminate Anambra state with insolvency and Incompetency.

To hell with PDP.
Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Doug07034780891(m): 7:51am On Feb 21, 2017
Even a dead rat is better than you. Cursed be the day your useless father met your ugly mother.

Obiano is the best performing governor in the SE. His election is just a walk in the park. It is so unfortunate that Obiano does not even have an opponent because his performance in just 2yrs is quite intimidating..... cool

[s]
Kingsley1000:
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Devices(m): 7:56am On Feb 21, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are really a clown,if u re so sure u guys would defeat d working Obiano,why been afraid of him contesting?
nobody can defeat Obiano in Anambra except Peter Obi. The problem I have with Peter Obi is that he is in the wrong party. If Peter Obi can return to APGA again that will definitely be the end for Obiano.
Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:13am On Feb 21, 2017
Devices:
nobody can defeat Obiano in Anambra except Peter Obi. The problem I have with Peter Obi is that he is in the wrong party. If Peter Obi can return to APGA again that will definitely be the end for Obiano.
Is Peter Obi contesting for Gov?
Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Omambala99: 8:16am On Feb 21, 2017
We will vote for Obiano again for the first time after 20years in darkness, Ayamelum now have steady power supply after obiano connect us back to national grid, the donated brand new transformers to us and wires plus new pole.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Kingsley1000(m): 8:19am On Feb 21, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Is Peter Obi contesting for Gov?
constitutionally he can't contest,but his action and inaction can influence the outcome of the election.this present administration's ineptitude in governance is glaring.

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by nonsobaba: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2017
Devices:
In other words, nobody or party can defeat APGA in Anambra state. That i agree with you. I told someone the other day that just being in APGA alone has already guaranteed Obiano no less than 50% of votes to be cast.

Peter Obi knew he no longer had any clout in APGA since Obiano emerged in the scene which is why he ran like a coward to PDP where he is now a dead weight. And the funny thing is that Chris Uba who belongs to the Sheriff faction of PDP will pick the PDP flagbearer 4 the election. This election will be a roller-coaster for Obiano.

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:23am On Feb 21, 2017
Kingsley1000:
constitutionally he can't contest,but his action and inaction can influence the outcome of the election.this present administration's ineptitude in governance is glaring.
The ineptitude is glaring for only enemies of Anambra,we Anambrarians are proud of Obiano,He isn't the Silverbird Man of the year for nothing.Willie is Working,he is not oweing salaries.His 2nd tenure is guaranteed

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Doug07034780891(m): 8:24am On Feb 21, 2017
[s]
Kingsley1000:
my father hopeless and uselessness is very glaring.

...and I was thinking that your useless father would have made a better option. You are a waste of space.

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Kingsley1000(m): 8:29am On Feb 21, 2017
Like the last three government before it, the present governor of Anambra state in the person of willie obiano has been very busy – doing absolutely nothing for the improvement of the state. A state with hard working men and women driven by desire and passion to excel in their fields of endeavor. An Anambra based journalist once said that “the present governor is sitting on gold chair and foundation casted by his predecessor enjoying state funds on frivolities.” I have to agree by that assertion and even more. Anambra state has in the past been known as a state commercially poised to be the best in sub-Saharan Africa. With this great feat comes a challenge that needs to be tackled so the status quo can remain. Such challenge comes in the form of security lapses, bad or non existing basic infrastructures, social vices, hooliganism and cultism among others. The present government is saddled with the responsibility of seeing to perfection, the opposite of these challenges; but reverse is the case. So much noise and hype has been made in the media about improvement in securing the lives and properties of people living in the state. I throw out a challenge to anyone who is willing though, to oppose me with facts, that in terms of security, positive change has been achieved. Cultism and cult related killings are on the rise in the state. Just the other day, three able bodied young men were gunned down at the Obosi-Nkpor axis of the state by cultists; even more and heinous killings have occurred. To nip such ugly development in the bud, the authorities need to re-orientate the youths on the ills of cultism. Also, secret agents should be drafted into those Red areas to furnish the appropriate authorities with detailed information – as they unfold. The issue of Agriculture in the state is moribund, as no vital agricultural policy has been initiated by the present government since inception into office. The man at the helms of affairs takes pleasure in media propaganda and public deception. We were all aware of the recent hype and falsehood being peddled in the media about the state exporting vegetables to foreign countries and earning forex for the nation; and the mass production of rice. The government thrives in such propaganda. Until the Willie Obiano led government begins to focus on revitalizing the Agricultural sector through policy reforms and provision of Agricultural grants, we will continue to see food – just on the pages on newspapers and televisions. I implore Obiano to go learn such from his northern counterparts. There has been varying degrees of protest in the state on reforms targeted at destabilizing the livelihoods of its citizens. Recently, the fruits and vegetables traders at Upper Iweka in Onitsha has been in the news protesting of the ill treatments meted to them by the government. Their nightmare started when the government, in the name of cleaning the state, relocated the market and chased the traders to a new site at Atani in Ogbaru Local government area of the state, without putting in place, structures to house the traders. On a visit to the new site of the market by our correspondent, nothing could be seen on ground in terms of development. No physical structure is on ground, except for the fence and gate put in place by the local government authorities and the market executive. The issue of multiple and over taxation as being witnessed in this regime is well enough to make any true business entity seek for relief elsewhere. During the first quarter of the year, there was a stern warning by Banks and other financial institutions operating in the state to the government, threatening to go on strike if it does not rescind its policy geared at extorting huge sums from them – all in the name of tax. The poor traders in the state are feeling the heat the most, as they must comply with the wicked directive; else, their daily source of feeding and livelihood will be shut down. From Eke Awka to Oye Nimo, from Ose to Akuora, the story remains the same; people are compelled to fund the lavish lifestyle of the chief executive. Pure water hawkers, okada men, barrow pushers, artisans all inclusive in this excessive show of shame by the government. I urge those in charge of policy making to take into consideration, the plight of the common man. These people should be considered first; not just during elections and electioneering period. Willie Obiano is indeed a square peg in a round hole. Mr Obiano should get his acts together and strive to make the state great. He should surround himself with intellects and not the vultures hovering around him, to scavenge on the commonwealth of the state.

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Doug07034780891(m): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2017
Rubbish from the pit of hell. Please go and copy another rubbish because this one did not enter. Or maybe you can bring your hopeless father to come and take over from Obiano.

[s]
Kingsley1000:
Like the last three government before it, the present
governor of Anambra state in the person of willie obiano
has been very busy – doing absolutely nothing for the
improvement of the state. A state with hard working men
and women driven by desire and passion to excel in
their fields of endeavor. An Anambra based journalist
once said that “the present governor is sitting on gold
chair and foundation casted by his predecessor enjoying
state funds on frivolities.” I have to agree by that
assertion and even more. Anambra state has in the past
been known as a state commercially poised to be the best
in sub-Saharan Africa. With this great feat comes a
challenge that needs to be tackled so the status quo can
remain. Such challenge comes in the form of security
lapses, bad or non existing basic infrastructures, social
vices, hooliganism and cultism among others. The present
government is saddled with the responsibility of seeing to
perfection, the opposite of these challenges; but reverse is
the case. So much noise and hype has been made in the
media about improvement in securing the lives and
properties of people living in the state. I throw out a
challenge to anyone who is willing though, to oppose me
with facts, that in terms of security, positive change has
been achieved. Cultism and cult related killings are on
the rise in the state. Just the other day, three able bodied
young men were gunned down at the Obosi-Nkpor axis
of the state by cultists; even more and heinous killings
have occurred. To nip such ugly development in the bud,
the authorities need to re-orientate the youths on the ills
of cultism. Also, secret agents should be drafted into
those Red areas to furnish the appropriate authorities
with detailed information – as they unfold. The issue of
Agriculture in the state is moribund, as no vital
agricultural policy has been initiated by the present
government since inception into office. The man at the
helms of affairs takes pleasure in media propaganda and
public deception. We were all aware of the recent hype
and falsehood being peddled in the media about the state
exporting vegetables to foreign countries and earning
forex for the nation; and the mass production of rice.
The government thrives in such propaganda. Until the
Willie Obiano led government begins to focus on
revitalizing the Agricultural sector through policy reforms
and provision of Agricultural grants, we will continue to
see food – just on the pages on newspapers and
televisions. I implore Obiano to go learn such from his
northern counterparts. There has been varying degrees of
protest in the state on reforms targeted at destabilizing
the livelihoods of its citizens. Recently, the fruits and
vegetables traders at Upper Iweka in Onitsha has been in
the news protesting of the ill treatments meted to them
by the government. Their nightmare started when the
government, in the name of cleaning the state, relocated
the market and chased the traders to a new site at Atani
in Ogbaru Local government area of the state, without
putting in place, structures to house the traders. On a
visit to the new site of the market by our correspondent,
nothing could be seen on ground in terms of
development. No physical structure is on ground, except
for the fence and gate put in place by the local
government authorities and the market executive. The
issue of multiple and over taxation as being witnessed in
this regime is well enough to make any true business
entity seek for relief elsewhere. During the first quarter of
the year, there was a stern warning by Banks and other
financial institutions operating in the state to the
government, threatening to go on strike if it does not
rescind its policy geared at extorting huge sums from
them – all in the name of tax. The poor traders in the
state are feeling the heat the most, as they must comply
with the wicked directive; else, their daily source of
feeding and livelihood will be shut down. From Eke
Awka to Oye Nimo, from Ose to Akuora, the story
remains the same; people are compelled to fund the lavish
lifestyle of the chief executive. Pure water hawkers,
okada men, barrow pushers, artisans all inclusive in this
excessive show of shame by the government. I urge those
in charge of policy making to take into consideration, the
plight of the common man. These people should be
considered first; not just during elections and
electioneering period. Willie Obiano is indeed a square
peg in a round hole. Mr Obiano should get his acts
together and strive to make the state great. He should
surround himself with intellects and not the vultures
hovering around him, to scavenge on the commonwealth
of the state.
[/s]
Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by adadike281(f): 9:45am On Feb 21, 2017
adighi eji Igbo agwa ya onye ocha coz even d cripple, d blind and d lame have seen d light in Obiano. Its either obiano or nobody else

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by Ahmadgani(m): 9:50am On Feb 21, 2017
E no go work.
Immunity led to impuinity

State governors act like demigods in their states
Re: Anambra PDP Calls For Obiano’s Impeachment by annnikky(f): 9:59am On Feb 21, 2017
Can this be possible
Anyway...

(1) (Reply)

Why I Will Never Criticize Buhari’s Government – Reuben Abati / Coming Back Of Buhari Has Started Yielding Great Result / learn how to hatch catfish in this short video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.