Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Things You Should Know About Hair Relaxing - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Things You Should Know About Hair Relaxing (668 Views)

What Do You Know About Hair Removal Creams? / What You Probably Didn't Know About Hair Growth / 10 Fun Facts You May Not Know About Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Know About Hair Relaxing by NNFems: 10:18am On Feb 21, 2017
A lot of women relax their hair but do not know the do’s and don’ts of hair relaxing hair. Today we’ll be abolishing 5 relaxing hair myths. We hope they would help you get better results when relaxing your hair at your next appointment.

1. I’ve washed my hair, can I relax my hair now?
Ans: Sorry darling, No you can’t! You cannot relax your hair after a wash. If you are due for a relaxer, avoid cleansing or co-washing (washing with a conditioner). Wait for 7-10 days before relaxing. Also avoid itching or scratching your scalp before relaxing your hair. This will prevent irritations on the scalp that may lead to the relaxer burning your scalp.

2. It’s okay to relax your hair every month.
Oh dear! No its not! Just because you’ve got new growth doesn’t mean its time to relax. Give your hair some time to breathe. Give your hair at least 8-10 weeks before you relax your hair. It is important to maintain a regular relaxing schedule for your hair. Listen to your hair, 8-10 weeks might not work for everyone. Some people only relax 4 times a year. It all depends on your hair type and needs. Knowing your hair type helps you prepare properly.

3. Relax the entire hair, from root to tip. They all need relaxing.
No they all don’t, sweetheart! The only part of your hair that needs to be touched up by a relaxer is you undergrowth. Do not allow relaxer all over your hair. This can make already relaxed hair weak and cause breakage. If you want your already relaxed ends straight, use rollers or a hair tong when styling.

(1) (Reply)

100% Organic Coconut Shell Pendants [for Sale]. / Latest And Trendy Ankara Aso Ebi Dresses: Beautiful And Stunning Collections 201 / I Need Supplier Of Female Handmade Slippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.