Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy (26249 Views)

CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" / CBN New Forex Policy Fails To Excite Foreign Investors / 41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by kabrud: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
Tokziby:
This is a very welcome development if they are to adhere and monitor the policy because its these banks that in-turn give forex to Bureau De change and sell at higher prices. Hence, the banks should be monitored in order not to frustrate the policy

Except if I'm not getting it well, I think item 1 on that list can actually monitor the policy except if the cbn itself is not sincere cos BVN can be put to maximum use in this case.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by sosy25: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
Some people would still try to manipulate this one. I have stated it several times that we should stop depending on the CBN and BDC's for forex. CBN and the BDC's can never be able to cover the demand for US Dollars especially now that US Dollars is being used to import garri and US Dollars are being used by our politicians to visit Buhari in the United Kingdom.

Let us that are not in government hussle and earn our own forex and repatriate it to our domiciliary accounts in Nigeria. If just 200,000 Nigerians click the link on my signature and start earning US Dollars everyday the positive effect on the naira would be enormous.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2017
Temporary and unsustainable measures will only worsen the naira dollar situation.

Real Solution, stop importation of rubbish, what's wrongs with our schools, why can't govt fix our schools.

Is Oil the only Forex earner in country.?

As long as our imports outgrow our exports the situation wont improve, cool
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Gap2020(m): 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
The outcome of the closed door meeting heard at VP office with Sanusi
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Tokziby: 1:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
kabrud:

Except if I'm not getting it well, I think item 1 on that list can actually monitor the policy except if the cbn itself is not sincere cos BVN can be put to maximum use in this case.

No i don't think so cos its easy for them to sell the forex to their cronies instead of customers and get kick-backs from the sale in the black market. Banks are the major source of corruption in this country, they help politicians to keep looted monies, keep government money and earn interest, charge customers on senseless service, Transfer looted monies abroad.
I just wish the Efcc can up there game in technology to arrest all this scams called banks in Nigeria. Make IRS for US or HMRC in UK just borrow us some technology to keep their ass in check

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Iangry: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2017
please click the link and sign the petition urging the cbn and federal govt to ease the forex laws as it is causing untold hardship to millions. It isn't certain this would work but its better than nothing. please sign and share

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/buhari-emefiele-cbn-please-relax-the-current

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by odysey: 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
tribalistseun:
Buhari ban all these rule to destroy Nigeria economy.

After things have gone bad for businesses, he's now doing a U-turn

this is not a u turn it benefits the rich

why didn't they do it for food items?
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by kingsmaila(m): 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
This is good
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Image123(m): 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
New policies being churned out every other month is not helping matters. Unstable as water doesn't excel. The cbn governor ought to be retired or sacked for incompetence already.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Bimpe29: 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
All these will end one day. For, after difficulty comes relief.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by StepG: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
The amazing thing about all this is that dollars will be provided by CBN but 70% of the masses that need it most for essentials dont always get it.The issue is not only about supplying the dollars but to ensure each dime is carefully followed to know who get it and for what purpose.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by joinnow: 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
confuse set of people manning cbn
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by oinasteinzz(m): 2:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
Would be really nice.......dats if it is actually implemented
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
Indeed, its a nice development.
I really hope it will be actualized.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
Bimpe29:
All these will end one day. For, after difficulty comes relief.
For how long are we going to wallow in difficulty?
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by shamecurls(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
NNVanguard:
Trial and Error government and administration of hardship and untold deception.

Am 100% certain that you can't decode the message!

Your hate filled mind won't let you coupled with a substandard education that can't permit you to assimilate.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by CellTabRepairs: 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
Unless you can walk into any bank and buy dollar at any time cash or sell your dollar cash...until such a time, all these hikes will continue. These policies will not still be implemented.

Which business will keep waiting for bank procedures abroad when hustling in the market?

coolClick My Name and View the resource you need! cool
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by shamecurls(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
joinnow:
confuse set of people manning cbn

Can you do better than them?
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by joinnow: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
shamecurls:

Can you do better than them?

Big Yes
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Ochoiho: 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
so what is the fate of BDC currently selling FX to Travelers and others?
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Johnnyessence(m): 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
Abeg they should stop all this CBN evil policies jare. It is when the dollar rate reach 1000 naira that they will now think of devalue the naira.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by nickxtra(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
Try and error economics
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by ideology(m): 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2017
another Trial and Error shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
How about implementing these rules
Nigeria still have a very long way to go
2 steps forward 20 steps backward
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by piagetskinner(m): 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
I hope this isnt another white elephant policy
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by sfinkzslot(m): 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
Abeg make somebody explain this in lay terms

5. All retail transactions to be settled at a rate not exceeding 20 per cent above the prevailing inter-bank market rate.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by diva90: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2017
Sounds good. They should also allow Pple to be able to use their cards abroad.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by Caseless: 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2017
Cool
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by wealthyplaces(f): 7:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
sfinkzslot:
Abeg make somebody explain this in lay terms

5. All retail transactions to be settled at a rate not exceeding 20
per cent above the prevailing inter-bank market rate.
In layman's language it means persons other than the banks e.g BDCs or mallam on the road, should not sell dollar more than 20percent above cbn rate. For example, if banks sell at 320 per dollar, BDCs should not sell above 384 per dollar i.e 20percent of 320
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by wealthyplaces(f): 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
8. CBN’s forward sales tenor significantly reduced from the current maximum cycle of 180 days, to no more than 60 days from the date of transaction; Pls, someone should make the above statement clearer. Thanks.
Re: Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy by sweetheart202(m): 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
THE CBN SHOULD EXPLAIN TO US WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN N305 INTER BANK RATE AND N520 black market RATE.......THEN COMPARE IT TO THE NEW N375 HOSPITAL AND SCHOOL FEES BILL PAYMENT ABROAD...........I HAVE A DREAM, THE DOLLAR WILL REACH N700 BEFORE MAY 29, 2017........MARK MY WORDS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rasaq Okoya's 76th Birthday Party In Pictures / Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle / 30 Shoemakers From Abia To Travel To China For Training Programme. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.