Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Akaan Changes His Name To Ikaan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Akaan Changes His Name To Ikaan (378 Views)

Falz Changes His Beards Colour To Blonde / Gratitude Changes Everything / A Ukrainian Man Changes His Name To Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akaan Changes His Name To Ikaan by sasyentgh(m): 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
Rebranding it was— Ikaan just wanted to change his corporate image.

To him, Akaan was widely known in Nigeria and part of ghana. But he needed a name that can only pierce in the local industry but also international market.
So about few months ago, Akaan made a strategic come-back into the music scene. After his many years uninformed hiatus pursuing other careers.
Since then, he has recorded countless hits that is getting the attentions of the public and fans
In a news interview with sasyentgh, Ikaan spoke about why he decided to change his name from Akaan to his current name.

“Well, it was rebranding, it was all about having new identity and giving an easy and unique name to my fans… I wanted to explore more into the world. I wanted to make my songs and name known to all, and as a hiphop artiste I thought that the name Akaan was a bit local, and common on the media. for me to get the international attention i needed something unique. Because we all know what Akaan is, although there is a unique meaning for it where i come from, that's y home town i mean. but i need something now common on the media.
Ikaan added that this decision have been financially rewarding, getting more attention than his previous name.

“But most people hardly know where i come from because the name Akaan exist as a tribe in Ghana and as a name of company on google, and as a local name in Akwa ibom State Nigeria although not really the spelling the local name is spelled as Akan but has the same pronunciation with Akaan . It’s good as a marketing strategy as well because here in Ghana, people always ask me if I’m from the Akaan Tribe and I’m like ‘No’. They have a different meaning for , so I just felt let me change it and see how it goes and I think it has really worked. It’s an African ting,”Ikaan added.
"All my tracks with Akaan remain valid and still useable as the change only affects my up coming tracks"

What do you think of this decision?

(1) (Reply)

Photo Series Explores Everyday Lives Of Muslim Women In America / Longtime No See..am Back But Firstly I Need Help. / How Do We Get Rid Of This Criminal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.