Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor (44096 Views)

Land Rover Reveals Its Latest Version Of The Armoured Range Rover Sentinel SUV / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / Check Out This New Yamaha Three-wheeler Beast Of A Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Bitterleafsoup: 7:09am On Feb 22, 2017
I have not seen serious project in Lagos but they can buy this for that slow poke?

Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by princeade86(m): 7:12am On Feb 22, 2017
lovely
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by joseph1832ng: 7:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
I have not seen serious project in Lagos but they can buy this for that slow poke?
You've not seen serious project in Lagos because you don't stay in Lagos. wink

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Bitterleafsoup: 7:21am On Feb 22, 2017
joseph1832ng:
You've not seen serious project in Lagos because you don't stay in Lagos. wink

Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by joseph1832ng: 7:22am On Feb 22, 2017
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:37am On Feb 22, 2017
Parents never had a good job, now it's black American express cars.. .....huh!

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by dimexy247(m): 7:37am On Feb 22, 2017
Alvin007:
Safety, security...blah blah blah...when it is his appointed time to die...he will die...even if he puts on a helmet, inside a plane.
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 22, 2017
ha ha hah aha ha.. only stops physical attacks.. grin grin grin grin grin death will come
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Aburi001: 7:43am On Feb 22, 2017
AutoReportNG2:

How do you mean? Is it written he just bought it

It is well
Some people can actually read but will never understand
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by fkj950ax(m): 7:43am On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=AutoReportNG2 post=53924462]Sequel to our first post of Armored BMW 760Li the official car

Dear Op,
Thank you fie your car 'reviews', but as a previous car magazine creative head, I find the reviews not to be reviews, but majorly OEM specs.

A review should be the result of tests carried out on the OEM specifications to adjudge if its indeed true.

What does iVTEC add to the driving experience compared to vTTI?

Tell us the benefits of all those technical terms the OEM gave us that you have also posted back to us.

If not too much a bother, check Top Gear Car Test Review, or better still, Comparison between similar Cars.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/british/meet-ps400k-bulletproof-range-rover-sentinel
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by simplynola(m): 8:14am On Feb 22, 2017
How will the Governor see the suffering of the masses when he's busy watching Africa Magic inside.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Alvin007: 8:25am On Feb 22, 2017
darfay:

Poor man mentality

Oshey richest...clap for yourself..how has your 'rich man' mentality changed your life?

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Alvin007: 8:27am On Feb 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

He might just be lucky, and survive an aeroplane crash. Remember our Governor that decided to fly his helicopter? He crashed it, survived it and still returned a Governor (albeit in the background).......

U prolly don't understand me..when it's his appointed time...even 'luck' won't come his way.
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by godunia(m): 8:28am On Feb 22, 2017
And Innoson is there oo, they politicians will shout buy made in Nigeria while at the end it's a case of do what I say but not what I do.thunder wey go strike una go come with doctors prescription 2 morning afternoon and night

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 22, 2017
Alvin007:
Safety, security...blah blah blah...when it is his appointed time to die...he will die...even if he puts on a helmet, inside a plane.

Yea, so he should then decide to risk his life and die when it is not the appointed time abi? We know everyone dies someday, but u need to protect urself. Or why do u lock ur doors when u go to sleep, after all God is the one watching over all of us so whether u lock ur door or not what will happen will happen.
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Lexusgs430: 8:35am On Feb 22, 2017
Alvin007:

U prolly don't understand me..when it's his appointed time...even 'luck' won't come his way.

Even annoited - proof would not save him........ .. ....
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Alvin007: 8:38am On Feb 22, 2017
greenhulk:

Yea, so he should then decide to risk his life and die when it is not the appointed time abi? We know everyone dies someday, but u need to protect urself. Or why do u lock ur doors when u go to sleep, after all God is the one watching over all of us so whether u lock ur door or not what will happen will happen.

I understand ur point...but the issue here has to do with how far they go...trying to protect their lives...I believe it's just an excuse to embezzle money...are u telling me he still doesn't feel safe and secure in the bmw? I don't see a need for this ride...it can't stop an angel of death..I just believe they(politicians) go too far...tryna protect themselves from death.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Alvin007: 8:39am On Feb 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Even annoited - proof would not save him........ .. ....
cheesy grin
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by CallmeLucy(m): 8:58am On Feb 22, 2017
Please why would you need a big ass TV in a car tho

AutoReportNG2:
Sequel to our first post of Armored BMW 760Li the official car of Lagos Governor (Here: https://www.nairaland.com/3638935/ored-bmw-760li-official-beast) , we probed further, and we found that there is more of the governor's fleet. Lagos is a place where security of lives and properties are government's number goal. The LASG launched the security trust fund so that well meaning Nigerians and corporate organizations can partake in it. For a government that takes security as its priority, its quite expedient the number one man in the state is highly secured and put in the best facilities so far. We will be reviewing the governor's second beast, as Nigerians say, this is more badder... Welcome to the world of Range Rover Sentinel.

Introduction

For the customer whose daily routine involves the threat of being shot at or bombed, but whose taste doesn't run to presidential limousines, the new Range Rover Sentinel might just fit the bill. Though other Range Rovers have been modified by third party firms, this is the first armored Land Rover to be fully engineered in-house by the company's Special Vehicle Operations division.

Model/Specification

The Range Rover Sentinel is built at Land Rover's Oxford Road facility and is based on a standard wheelbase Range Rover Autobiography. In fact, to the casual eye, it looks almost identical. However, underneath the enamel there's a steel-plated armored passenger cell and windows of optical-quality multi-laminated armor privacy glass with a 100 mm (3.9 in) opening in the driver's window for passing documents and very small takeaway orders.

The Sentinel is certified to VR8 standard against ballistic threats by QinetiQ, which means it can withstand 7.62 mm high-velocity, armor-piercing incendiary rounds, 15 kg (33 lb) TNT explosions, and DM51 grenades going off both beneath the floor and on the roof. In addition, there's an anti-tamper exhaust, a self-sealing fuel tank, and an auxiliary back-up battery with a split charging system.

Specs

Under the bonnet, the Sentinel sports a 340 bhp, 3-liter V6 supercharged petrol engine with a specially-calibrated ZF 8-speed gearbox, as well as revised Dynamic Stability Control and Ride Stability Control systems that provide the vehicle with the same off-road capabilities as a production Range Rover. This is partly to provide a better chance of escaping in an emergency, but also to address the fact that the owners of such high-security vehicles like to drive them and prefer little or no loss of performance.

In the event of an attack, the special 20-in (50.8-cm) split-rim alloy wheels have run-flat tires as well as 380 mm front and 365 mm rear ventilated disc brakes with high-density pads. If the doors are blocked, there's an emergency escape system behind the rear seats.

The Range Rover Sentinel makes its world debut at the Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) Exhibition at London's ExCeL arena, which runs from September 15 to 18. It's set to go on sale in the UK, Europe, South America, Africa, and the Middle East for €400,000 (US$446,000), with orders being taken this month.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/02/range-rover-sentinel-official-beast-of.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by kimacent(m): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2017
This is wht Rivers State governor is Using too.
Make dem enjoy.
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by haykes(m): 9:04am On Feb 22, 2017
I swear lagos is another country Ambode is another president
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by abdulaz: 9:19am On Feb 22, 2017
AutoReportNG2:

How do you mean? Is it written he just bought it

It is well

It's set to go on sale in the UK, Europe, South America, Africa, and the Middle East for €400,000 (US$446,000), with orders being taken this month.
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by LockDown69(m): 9:48am On Feb 22, 2017
My point is, will it also protect the Governor from natural ailments or death
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by AutoReportNG2: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2017
ychris:
Are you guys running out of trends?

Or how many times will this make fp?

Did you read the introduction part? If not, please go back and read it again, don't just jump into conclusion.

Thank you
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by AutoReportNG2: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=fkj950ax post=53942109][/quote]

Thanks for your observation, but let me ask you, If the OP decides to go the extra length and do all these, will you read it? I think we are quick to criticize, abuse and call names without studying trends. According to research, Nigerians did not have time to read a long post, so any post must be concise, precise and straight to the point, once you start talking stories, it becomes annoying and people loose interest. As much as we are new to reviews in Nigeria, we have to take it one step at a time and not to rush it over else you will be reading something like, and you expect me to read all these?

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

Thank you
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 22, 2017
I love that plate number
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by gabicon: 10:42am On Feb 22, 2017
As much as I'm for safety and security, a country were more than 60% of her population live below poverty line can not afford a govonor ridding a $450000 car. We need to get our priority straight, insecurity and poverty are directly proportional, if we reduce poverty insecurity will ultimately reduce, when insecurity reduces cost of security reduces.
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by fabuloz1(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2017
This cool ride is imcomparable to THE BEAST cool
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by Eledan: 11:00am On Feb 22, 2017
That is a moving fortress
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by wheelchairboy(m): 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
Enjoyment
Re: Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor by paix(m): 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
DEATHisKNOCKING:
The president is not around and the governor was busy looking for a tough car.
Say hey while the Sun shines!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roofless Keke Napep Spotted In Lagos / Locally Fabricated Shuttle Bus From Unizik(photos) / Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.