Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army (1524 Views)

PMB At ICC: Proud To Be Nigerian By Femi Adesina / Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC / IPOB Replies Igwe Achebe On Anambra Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by rollybest(m): 6:17am On Feb 22, 2017
—Following the Nigerian Army denial that it did not kill 11 members the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, during the group’s rally in support of US President, Donald Trump, on January 20, 2017, IPOB has asked the army to wait for them at the International Criminal Court, ICC, in The Hague.
IPOB also accused the army of alternating between calling its outing in Port Harcourt a “protest” and a “rally” at the same time.
The group, therefore, said it was only a liar that could describe a rally as a protest, saying that “the Nigerian Army has been caught in another web of lies.”
Deputy Director of Army Public Relations of 6 Division of the Nigerian Army, Port Harcourt, Colonel Aminu Iliyasu, had in a statement denied killing of IPOB members and labelled the group as a “criminal gang.”
But IPOB spokesmen, Mr Emma Nmezu, and Dr. Clifford Chukwuemeka Iroanya, in their reply to the Army, said it has become customary for the army to kill IPOB members and deny it.
“This is not the first, neither is it going to be the last time that the Nigerian Army will kill our members and shamelessly come out to deny it.”
IPOB gave a list of its members killed by the Army to include IPOB massacres in Onitsha, Aba, Port Harcourt, Nkpor, Asaba; Shiite massacres in Kaduna and Kano, among others.
Part of the IPOB statement read: “International human rights groups have consistently labelled the Nigerian Army as perennial liars incapable of ever telling the truth when it comes to their culpability in the mass execution of unarmed civilians.
“IPOB and those who read the haphazardly written statements from Col. Aminu Iliyasu are left wondering how on the one hand he stated that IPOB conducted a rally in support of President Trump while on the other hand, he called it a protest.
“IPOB will like to remind this quota-system Colonel that the General Abdulsalami Abubakar-written Nigerian Constitution which he referred to is very explicit on the responsibilities of the Nigerian Armed Forces (not just the Army alone), especially in Section-217(2) and this does not in any way stipulate using live ammunition on peaceful and unarmed civilians.
“We will also like to remind Iliyasu that security agencies, media organizations, foreign embassies, and specifically, the Commissioner of Police in Rivers State were all informed ahead of time of the pro-Trump rally, through an official letter signed by the leadership of IPOB.
“This Colonel must understand that a rally or even a protest is not an armed rebellion that will warrant deployment of troops of 29 Battalion of Nigerian Army with a mandate to fire live bullets at peaceful and unarmed civilians.
“May we ask why the same deployment of troops was not carried out on those who protested against President Trump in Abuja on the same date?
“How come troops were not deployed to shoot and kill civilians during the recent “anti-Buhari” protest that was led by the likes of Charles Oputa a.k.a. Charlie Boy? Why must the Hausa-Fulani dominated Nigerian Army and Police regard every IPOB assembly or rally as an opportunity to embark upon some kind of mini Jihad designed to kill as many non-Muslims as possible?
“IPOB is extremely pleased that what transpired that day was captured on pictures and videos as most of the unspeakable atrocities of the Nigerian Army and police are.
“On his insinuation, borne out of panic, that IPOB will post old videos and pictures from our archives in social media, we advise the Colonel not to worry but to leave the authentication of the evidence we have to the civilized panel of judges at the International Criminal Court, ICC.”
“It is reassuring to observe that at least the lying Nigerian Army is aware that all their murderous outrage on January 20, 2017 were captured on video.”

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by zionmade(m): 6:27am On Feb 22, 2017
ICC?
Buhari govt,?
Obedience to court orders?
Hmmm it might be a wasted efforts anyway.
Being a part of nigeria is not wat is limiting Ibos.
If only they can ignore d fact that they are hated and strive to make their region better rather dan having all their investments in strange lands.
If only Ibos can learn how to stand and speak with one voice

If only Ibos can unite themselves and decide that nothing can pull dem backwards in their quest for development.
Ibos have the wisdom, they have the might, they are innovative and they are hardworking, with these traits the ibo nation can rise up to the zenith.
There will be a time other parts of nigeria will beg for secession then it can happen without shedding any single blood.
For now ibos shud drop d idea of biafra and stand up for total development of Ibo land.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by GMBuhari: 6:28am On Feb 22, 2017
These people and delusion

ICC who go pay una flight?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by Rilwayne001: 6:31am On Feb 22, 2017
Yeye touts, always making mouth. Do your fore-fathers know the way to ICC'? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by sathel(m): 6:39am On Feb 22, 2017
This IPOB people ehn are one of the major challenges we have now.
Their idea of Biafra is abysmal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by abouzaid: 7:13am On Feb 22, 2017
God bless biafra.i can see that nairaland resident zombies are already masturbating all over the thread.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by abouzaid: 7:17am On Feb 22, 2017
zionmade:
ICC?
Buhari govt,?
If only they can ignore d fact that they are hated and strive to make their region better rather dan having all their investments in strange lands.

If only Ibos can unite themselves and decide that nothing can pull dem backwards in their quest for development.
Ibos have the wisdom, they have the might, they are innovative and they are hardworking, with these traits the ibo nation can rise up to the zenith.
There will be a time other parts of nigeria will beg for secession then it can happen without shedding any single blood.
For now ibos shud drop d idea of biafra and stand up for total development of Ibo land.
concentrate your energy on developing your own region and leave the biafrans to write their own destiny.

6 Likes

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by zendy: 7:21am On Feb 22, 2017
Clear evidence that the Army and Police shot unarmed IPOB in Porthacourt can be seen on youtube. Links are below

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4Jxf9B-e8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuHaLB7wnY

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 22, 2017
zionmade:
[s]ICC?
Buhari govt,?

For now ibos shud drop d idea of biafra and stand up for total development of Ibo land. [/s]

Afonja...go an unite with your brothers and sisters in Togo and Benin Republic...you guys look alike, very dark, skinny, no muscles, yellow eyes, chanfer/cone heads, stubborn uncombable hair, small heads and tribal marks!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by Deprofessional(m): 7:45am On Feb 22, 2017
sathel:
This IPOB people ehn are one of the major challenges we have now.
Their idea of Biafra is abysmal

May I ask you why?

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by momentarylapse: 8:07am On Feb 22, 2017
Deprofessional:

May I ask you why?

Did you bother to ask ojukwu why?
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by KINGOFTHEEAST: 8:08am On Feb 22, 2017
ipob arm protesters and Nigerian army ll respect themselves ,have you asked why they cry whenever they get posted to north east ? yes that's because they going to face their even in blood sucking yes that's "balance of terror"
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by KINGwax007(m): 8:09am On Feb 22, 2017
Do u even knw the way there? grin grin grin
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by zionmade(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2017
Freedom2016:

Afonja...go an unite with your brothers and sisters in Togo and Benin Republic...you guys look alike, very dark, skinny, no muscles, yellow eyes, stubborn uncombable hair, small heads and tribal marks!
U re an Ibo because u were born one. Bayo is a yoruba because he was born one. What made u think dat u re better dan bayo because he was born a yoruba or is it by ur struggles dat u were born ibo.
I dnt agree with modus operandi of ipob.
Before u call names o bughi mmadu niile ga ekwenye na ihe i kwere.
I listen to radio biafra more dan most persons calling demselves Ipob all i hear is illiteracy at work.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Useless group of people this IPOB.

We didn't hear of IPOB when Jonathan was looting the country dry.

I'm guessing they are being sponsored by their corrupt patrons in government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by zionmade(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2017
abouzaid:
concentrate your energy on developing your own region and leave the biafrans to write their own.
I have travelled almost all d states in naija. But i was in lagos for a project d moment i stopped at mile 2 someone who knows am from his own region tried to dupe me.
Is dat how ibos are going to unite?? People who can betray their own broda because of money. We still have a long way to go in unity before talking of biafra. Even massobb and IPOB dnt agree with each other, Ohanaeze and Massob dnt get along. Etc
If hav an open mind u will know dat we have a long way to go.
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by abouzaid: 10:01am On Feb 22, 2017
zionmade:

I have travelled almost all d states in naija. But i was in lagos for a project d moment i stopped at mile 2 someone who knows am from his own region tried to dupe me.
Is dat how ibos are going to unite?? People who can betray their own broda because of money. We still have a long way to go in unity before talking of biafra. Even massobb and IPOB dnt agree with each other, Ohanaeze and Massob dnt get along. Etc
assuming you're igbo (which i don't believe especially sinebo igbo would refer to us with the derogatory term ibo) then you should realise USA despite been the greatest country on earth also have the highest prison population, murders, burglaries etc. the black south Africans that successfully fought apartheid have one of the heighest rate of violent crimes in the world so an igbo business man trying to take advantage of you is a minor issue, that's what businesses do all over the world. it's the exact meaning of the term hustling.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by zionmade(m): 11:08am On Feb 22, 2017
abouzaid:
assuming you're igbo (which i don't believe especially sinebo igbo would refer to us with the derogatory term ibo) then you should realise USA despite been the greatest country on earth also have the highest prison population, murders, burglaries etc. the black south Africans that successfully fought apartheid have one of the heighest rate of violent crimes in the world so an igbo business man trying to take advantage of you is a minor issue, that's what businesses do all over the world. it's the exact meaning of the term hustling.
I agree with to some extent but bro we are too greedy to have our own country for now. Who will be ur president Kanu or uwazuruike or etc? Where will d capital be located Anambra or Enugu?
My dear only this two issues will kill biafra at its inception. I am one of those who thinks dat they should have allowed whites colonize us a little longer. And am still of d fact dat d resilience, unification and determination of ibos will only grow stronger in d face of hatred and oppression. Until d time west will come to realise dat north is not their friend at dat time division will be ripe.
But for now if we can unite and invest in our land west and north wont see our backs
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 22, 2017
zionmade:
[s]
U re an Ibo because u were born one. Bayo is a yoruba because he was born one. What made u think dat u re better dan bayo because he was born a yoruba or is it by ur struggles dat u were born ibo.
I dnt agree with modus operandi of ipob.
Before u call names o bughi mmadu niile ga ekwenye na ihe i kwere.
I listen to radio biafra more dan most persons calling demselves Ipob all i hear is illiteracy at work. [/s]

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by koralink: 11:19am On Feb 22, 2017
The Op was wondering why troops were not deployed "during the recent anti-Buhari protest that was led by the likes of Charles Oputa a.k.a.Chalie Boy.The fact is that recent anti-Buhari protest was organised by civilised and responsible citizens to draw attention of government to short-comings of its policies peacefully without carrying arms against the government.
In contrast to this, IPOB members are miscreants who carry dangerous weapons during rallies/protest to achieve the primary motive of the protest which is simply to cause disorder in the society with a view to have favourable atmosphere for massive looting of people's property. IPOB should not expect the security operatives to stand-by and watch them perpetrating atrocities against the law-abiding citizens of the country. If you do anyhow,you see any how.
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by zionmade(m): 11:27am On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=Freedom2016 post=53948538][/quote]
U can wallow in ur illiteracy. Since u re a stunch ipob member where were u wen dey protested at water lines.
I have said wat every educated ibo would say.
Ihe okenye no odu hu, nwatakiri kunie gbatia olu ya, o gaghi ahu ya
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by thewarrior72: 11:42am On Feb 22, 2017
zionmade:

Whenever I read such post what comes to my mind is,how people exhums such ignorance? humans are created to differ in opinion and the way they see things or react about things. If every human reason alike or act alike then we are not better off than a robot or zombie. All igbos can't agree on one thing, that is diversity for u. humans are dynamic in nature.

If u are writing off biafra simply because a greedy igbo person duped a fellow igbo, then people of ogun state who kill each other for ritual and sports should not be in one state or region, since there's no love each other?
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by kettykings: 11:52am On Feb 22, 2017
koralink:
The Op was wondering why troops were not deployed "during the recent anti-Buhari protest that was led by the likes of Charles Oputa a.k.a.Chalie Boy.The fact is that recent anti-Buhari protest was organised by civilised and responsible citizens to draw attention of government to short-comings of its policies peacefully without carrying arms against the government.
In contrast to this, IPOB members are miscreants who carry dangerous weapons during rallies/protest to achieve the primary motive of the protest which is simply to cause disorder in the society with a view to have favourable atmosphere for massive looting of people's property. IPOB should not expect the security operatives to stand-by and watch them perpetrating atrocities against the law-abiding citizens of the country. If you do anyhow,you see any how.
This is a real huge joke and an attemt at upturning the truth , the ipob demonstrations has taken place in more than 80 countries all around the globe at no time did any of the army or police shoot at the foreigners protesting eventhough those countries have far more sophisticated and stronger militaries with foreign war records to show for it.

Now back home in Nigeria we have touts and miscreants masquerading as policemen and soldiers going about shooting unarmed protesters, if those same policemen and soldiers were deployed to recover bakassi penisular you will be hearing of Mutiny and open riots in the barracks of how poorly they are fed and how their salary is too meagre to sustain them in the war against a neighbouring country. you will hear stories of how they were supplied with substandard military ware etc

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by zionmade(m): 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
thewarrior72:

Whenever I read such post what comes to my mind is,how people exhums such ignorance? humans are created to differ in opinion and the way they see things or react about things. If every human reason alike or act alike then we are not better off than a robot or zombie. All igbos can't agree on one thing, that is diversity for u. humans are dynamic in nature.

If u are writing off biafra simply because a greedy igbo person duped a fellow igbo, then people of ogun state who kill each other for ritual and sports should not be in one state or region, since there's no love each other?
Am no writing off biafra am only saying dat applying wisdom will profit us more. D real truth is dat biafra will suffer for years why? Do we have seaports?? If we channelled those agitation towards building seaports in east by now we shud have gotten at least one functional seaport. Do u know dat apart from goods imported by multi nationals dat up to 85% imports belong to ibos and yet these imports develop lagos and d yorubas in turn insult us anyhow because we troop into their land for greener pastures.
Biafra is not ripe yet. Have u seen ardent ipob and massob members, are they not mostly touts? We need ibo intellectuals and politicians to crave a way for biafra not touts. Until these set of people come together, biafra is still a reverie

1 Like

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by zendy: 1:47pm On Feb 22, 2017
koralink:

IPOB carry dangerous weapons? Such as what? IPOB only carry Biafran flags.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by eliteguy01(m): 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
zionmade:

Am no writing off biafra am only saying dat applying wisdom will profit us more. D real truth is dat biafra will suffer for years why? Do we have seaports?? If we channelled those agitation towards building seaports in east by now we shud have gotten at least one functional seaport. Do u know dat apart from goods imported by multi nationals dat up to 85% imports belong to ibos and yet these imports develop lagos and d yorubas in turn insult us anyhow because we troop into their land for greener pastures.
Biafra is not ripe yet. Have u seen ardent ipob and massob members, are they not mostly touts? We need ibo intellectuals and politicians to crave a way for biafra not touts. Until these set of people come together, biafra is still a reverie

u ibos need to be technical u don't fight fire with petrol DAT is what happens when u fight the hausas(government)with thugs.. Yorubas are independent thinkers u can get DAT from the national election,get u elite to talk some of them out but note u began to lose when u get violent right from the start because they will back off"because u might ended up saying u where betrayed" I love u bro.... Ibos use ur brain power,take care of ur hatred and try to be highly technical u can achieve dat
in fact to me Nigeria breaking up is the solution I know "ibos" and "Yoruba" are like Tom and Jerry they still be but the northerners will certainly suffer I see them as the inhibitors,ibos I beg u try to be more peaceful.God bless us
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by gartamanta: 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
zionmade:

Do we have Seaports? Of course we do, however, Seaports is not what makes a country great. Swizerland and Austria have no seaports but are individually richer than Nigeria. Even Botswana in Africa is doing well with no Seaport. Seaport is a good thing but it is not everything like some people think.

What is important is human and capital development.

As for ardent propagators of Biafra being touts, the propagators of Nigeria were colonial criminals who came to West Africa to steal the sovereignty and wealth of the people to enrich themselves. A tout on the other hand, is not a criminal.
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by Naijiant: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
See the case against Buhari on crimes against humanity: http://www.naijiant.com/articles/crimes-humanity-case-buhari/
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by zionmade(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
eliteguy01:

u ibos need to be technical u don't fight fire with petrol DAT is what happens when u fight the hausas(government)with thugs.. Yorubas are independent thinkers u can get DAT from the national election,get u elite to talk some of them out but note u began to lose when u get violent right from the start because they will back off"because u might ended up saying u where betrayed" I love u bro.... Ibos use ur brain power,take care of ur hatred and try to be highly technical u can achieve dat
in fact to me Nigeria breaking up is the solution I know "ibos" and "Yoruba" are like Tom and Jerry they still be but the northerners will certainly suffer I see them as the inhibitors,ibos I beg u try to be more peaceful.God bless us
Point of correction i have no single thing to learn from people who exude hatred and jealousy. I prefer yorubas staying off my posts.
Re: We’ll Meet At ICC, IPOB Replies Army by OreMI22: 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
Documentation and compilation is the key in bringing powerful criminals to justice at ICC.

So, there is nothing like a vague term "Nigerian army"
Be specific about those that gave orders to slaughter people such as Buhari, Burutai and local commanders should be mentioned. Then show evidence that the order was carried out and none of the perpetrators were ever apprehended.

Not some vague "Nigerian army" which means unknown soldiers in Fela's parlance.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Buhari Sacks All NCAA Directors / Is This The Death Of News? / Reactions: Anger, Insult Over Arewa Youths Quit Notice Suspension Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.