Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading (899 Views)

Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps / Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading (2) (3) (4)

Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by PMBNG(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2017
A bill for a law to regulate and control cattle grazing in Akwa Ibom scaled through the second reading at the plenary of the House of Assembly in Uyo on Tuesday.

The bill, sponsored by Nse Ntuen, representing Essien Udim state constituency, and 11 others, sought to prohibit uncontrolled grazing of cattle across the state.

Mr. Ntuen, the lead sponsor, said that the bill, when passed into law, would check incessant destruction of food crops on farmlands by grazing cattle and other ruminants.

He said that the bill would abolish night grazing and make provision for designated grazing areas or cattle ranches across the state.

He said that the bill would prohibit any person from allowing cattle or other ruminants belonging to him or under his control to graze on lands that were not designated as grazing areas.

The bill is seeking the prohibition of the movement of cattle and other ruminants at night, while restricting the movement of the animals to specific hours of the day.

After exhaustive deliberation on the general principles of the bill, all the members unanimously agreed that the bill should be read a second time.

The Speaker, Onofiok Luke, committed the bill to the joint House Committees on Agriculture and Environment for further legislative work.

He later said that the House would reconvene on February 28.

[NAN]

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2017/02/ibom-cattle-grazing-passes-second-reading/
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by SexyNairalander: 8:15am On Feb 22, 2017
booked

patiently waiting for enugu
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by PMBNG(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked

patiently waiting for enugu

Really?
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by hucienda: 8:21am On Feb 22, 2017
Southern Nigeria finally waking up.

Nice one from Fayose and the Ekiti HoA in taking the lead.

Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 8:23am On Feb 22, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha, all these anti-grazing bills just dey make me laff.

Some people are so programmed to hate the north that they end up hurting themselves.

Many people (not only Fulanis) are into nomadic cattle rearing, just that Fulanis are employed in most cases.

Anyway, water go soon find im level.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by EternalTruths: 8:26am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

Some people are so programmed to hate the north that they end up hurting themselves.

Many people (not only Fulanis) are into nomadic cattle rearing, just that Fulanis are employed in most cases.

Guess his tribe

a) Afonja

b) Herdsmen

Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 8:30am On Feb 22, 2017
EternalTruths:

Guess his tribe

a) Afonja

b) Herdsmen

Don't worry, the truth will soon come out. I'm seriously praying for the speedy passage of those bills in all southern and eastern states.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by Nukualofa: 8:31am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

What a bunch of Poppycock from someone who doesn't know cattle rearing is private enterprise and should not be done to cause dangers to host communities.

What has Nigeria ever benefitted from Fulani apart from one dead stick crying for death in a London hospital

Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by Nukualofa: 8:36am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

Don't worry, the truth will soon come out. I'm seriously praying for the speedy passage of those bills in all southern and eastern states.
I pray its passed so that northern states will also take it out on southerners then division of Nigeria won't be far off

Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 8:38am On Feb 22, 2017
Nukualofa:
What a bunch of Poppycock from someone who doesn't know cattle rearing is private enterprise and should not be done to cause dangers to host communities.

What has Nigeria ever benefitted from Fulani apart from one dead stick crying for death in a London hospital

What's this one saying?

Pls, if u don't have problem with comprehension, point out how the emboldened is deduced from my post, otherwise stfu.

Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by Princesaha: 8:39am On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=kabrud post=53943194]Hahahahahahahahaha, all these anti-grazing bills just dey make me laff.

Anyway, water go soon find im level.[/quote
You guys should learn to live in peace with your host community. And please stop bringing in the north here cos nobody hates the north but rather the Fulanis. You guys cannot condemn evil when committed by your Kinsmen but will tear anyone that dare criticises your evil activities. I see Fulanis becoming an endangered species in the future with this your attitudes. Just keep it up OK.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 8:42am On Feb 22, 2017
Nukualofa:
I pray its passed so that northern states will also take it out on southerners then division of Nigeria won't be far off

A typical northerner gives no damn about u lots, even wondering why they still keep u around.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by Nukualofa: 8:45am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

What's this one saying?

Pls, if u don't have problem with comprehension, point out how the emboldened is deduced from my post, otherwise stfu.
try to check yourself

Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by Nukualofa: 8:47am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

A typical northerner gives no damn about u lots, even wondering why they still keep u around.
The day a typical northerner starts thinking he is better than me then it's time to drink Sniper

They can only polish my shoe while I'm still wearing that shoe. I do it to remind them who is the Lord tongue
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 8:48am On Feb 22, 2017
Nukualofa:
try to check yourself

Mr insincere ignorance, is that how u deduced the emboldened?
Hmm, someone will just jump and start typing thrash that cannot be defended. Now, tell me how u came about ur point, u are using meme, nawao.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 8:49am On Feb 22, 2017
Nukualofa:
The day a typical northerner starts thinking he is better than me then it's time to drink Sniper

They can only polish my shoe while I'm still wearing that shoe. I do it to remind them who is the Lord tongue

Meanwhile, ur president is a typical northerner. grin grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by Nukualofa: 8:57am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

Meanwhile, ur president is a typical northerner. grin grin grin
It depends if I'm in your country right now undecided

But that log of wood that is going through pains in a London hospital gives me pleasure daily knowing that he is sufferingfrom a terminal disease
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by cheruv: 8:58am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

You give no damn yet your talakawas were protesting for "one Nigeria" in kano just recently

Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by rozayx5(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2017
nice one

young lively speaker Barr Onofiok Luke

probs be say i wud like to collect one of your gwagons grin grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2017
Nukualofa:
It depends if I'm in your country right now undecided

But that log of wood that is going through pains in a London hospital gives me pleasure daily knowing that he is sufferingfrom a terminal disease

U mean u have not taken the Sniper? Choi, u can lie oh!
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2017
cheruv:

You give no damn yet your talakawas were protesting for "one Nigeria" in kano just recently

Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by Nukualofa: 9:08am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

U mean u have not taken the Sniper? Choi, u can lie oh!
Why should i die now when i can relax and sip my juice knowing that somewhere in London buhari is in excruciating pains for Chemo done on his PROSTRATE grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 9:27am On Feb 22, 2017
Nukualofa:
[s]Why should i die now when i can relax and sip my juice knowing that somewhere in London buhari is in excruciating pains for Chemo done on his PROSTRATE[/s] grin

Oga, na u talk am say u go drink Sniper, go and take ur sniper, forget all these campaign after election.
If u cant keep to ur promise, get the fvck off my mention.

Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by sanandreas(m): 11:24am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

Fulani's employed to cause mayhem and wanton destruction. The North is big enough to graze.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 11:27am On Feb 22, 2017
sanandreas:

Fulani's employed to cause mayhem and wanton destruction. The North is big enough to graze.

Not really, on the contrary, some of those cows are owned by southerners and they employ Fulanis to rear them. Many people are into cattle rearing business.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by limeta(f): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

Now tell us what is happening in southern kaduna.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by sanandreas(m): 11:34am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

Not really, on the contrary, some of those cows are owned by southerners and they employ Fulanis to rear them. Many people are into cattle rearing business.

Southerners are in control of Macban? Let those who have cattle practice ranch system over there in the North.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by doyinbaby(f): 11:37am On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:

Many people (not only Fulanis) are into nomadic cattle rearing, just that Fulanis are employed in
hmmm you claim people are programed to hate fulani. Why is it fulani implicated in everytime everywhere,agatu taraba ekiti etc. ojojumo be aje apomoje
Re: Akwa Ibom Cattle Grazing Bill Passes Second Reading by kabrud: 11:40am On Feb 22, 2017
doyinbaby:
hmmm you claim people are programed to hate fulani. Why is it fulani implicated in everytime everywhere,agatu taraba ekiti etc. ojojumo be aje apomoje
Pls, in ur hero's voice, I don't talk with m_n_k_ys.

Curse Or Coincidence? / The Inaudible Voice Of Buhari: Are Nigerians Important? By Omoshola Deji / Nigerians Are So Illiterate dont Know Difference Between Certificate And Results