Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

I Am Pregnant, What Next? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Pregnant, What Next? (490 Views)

UPDATE: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What's Wrong With Her? / My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? / I Just Contacted Measles And I Am Already 4months Pregnant. What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Pregnant, What Next? by Afriglobalmedia: 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
I am pregnant, what next?

Getting pregnant is a wonderful thing but it's the beginning of a tasking-yet-beautiful journey into motherhood. Assuming the test have been done and they came back positive, what comes next when a woman discovers she's pregnant?

Calculate your baby's due date:

This helps you create a plan to have a healthy pregnancy

Choose a doctor or midwife:

This helps get your pregnancy off to a healthy start by scheduling your first prenatal

Clean up your diet:
Remove unhealthy foods and add healthy foods. You'll thank yourself for taking this step as the pregnancy progresses

Decide when to announce your pregnancy
Some women wait until after the first trimester, when the risk of miscarriage drops, while others announce it right away. Some wait to tell their co-workers or boss to avoid being treated differently at work, while others want their colleagues to understand the coming changes (so the workload can start reducing in the case of someone that handles rigorous tasks.

Figure out your finances
They're worth every penny, of course, but babies cost money. And you'll need every penny you can get to prepare for the delivery and life after that.
Pay attention to your health
A healthy lifestyle is always important – but when you're living for two, it's that much more vital. So make sure you're getting enough folic acid, start taking a prenatal vitamin.

Avoid pregnancy don'ts and watch your habits
Some things are dangerous during pregnancy. These include certain foods, alcohol, cigarette smoke, too much caffeine and some medications. Please stay away from them.

Brace yourself for body changes
Pregnancy affects every woman differently but knowing what to expect could help you put your particular physical changes in perspective. Be on the lookout for things like thicker hair, darkened skin, and acne breakouts – then, later in pregnancy, swollen ankles, stretch marks, and varicose veins.

Pick up a pregnancy book or two

Nothing prepares you for what's coming like a book or two. Pregnancy books are like personal tour guides during the gestation period, they help point out what's coming like famous landmarks

(1) (Reply)

Airen Foundation, Improving The Well-being Of Pregnant Women And Mothers. / Help Me Please. / Pimples Again!!!!!! Ahnnnnn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.