Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

.. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / .. (801 Views)

330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / 4 Months Old male Caucasian Dog For Urgent Sale. / Nine Month Old Male Caucasian For Sale( Big Bone) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by overhypedsteve(m): 6:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
Oga Henry240 I created this thread here to ensure that we enjoy some privacy over the issues I want to discuss with you. your thread, our thread would be hitting it's 1000th page anytime soon and this is not a feat that is very easy to achieve. military discussion threads usually last longer here on Nairaland because it's followers are not little kids that move away with time in search of new experiences. so I have been thinking and I ve decided to call your mind to this thoughts of mine so that our minds together can rub each other in a grand romance of thoughts and wits(I am sounding weird forgive me). to celebrate our achievement of the 1000th page peg, I suggest we surprise both old and new followers of the thread by creating a funny video slide of their past hilarious or controversial posts that would give them a sense of belonging, we should also quote some of the most controversial, funniest and ridiculous posts or claim made by a follower in the course of our journey together. a list of the ten first posters in the thread would be made and a list of the first posters of foreign nationality could also be made, a quote of the first attempt at derailing the thread by a poster should be posted and the poster and his nationality named.
that's for the fun part( you can add your ideas)

for the intellectual part: I suggest we invite guest posters who are professionals in their fields to come and comment on some topics of interests e. g the challenges faced by local defence Industries in SSA and other issues that have bordered most of our fellow followers. I suggest we invite notable African Defence personalities like Gen Been, Eeben Barlow, The CEO of proforce and any other person of your choice.

then I would like you and I to author a work a pdf journal which would be the first of a series of journals and it this work would be about "Social Media and their impact of national defense planning" it would cover cases where local armed forces have been alerted through the social media, I am sure you are aware of the fact that the Centenary was named on the Internet first and somehow got the exact same name" these are issues I would like us to write on in this particular journal and it would be made avaliable for free to all the followers of the thread by email.

let's us continue to brain storm and see how we can make the achievement of this particular benchmark a memorable and uniting one for all of us. we would work with Oga S3un to get it on front page for the two days that this events would last.

please try not to write the name of anyone that you do not want to be better informed on this issue here. it is a surprise for the boys.

thank you
Re: .. by InsanePsycho(m): 6:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
Little did you know that there are dog meat lovers in the house cheesy grin
Re: .. by DivinelyBlessed: 11:47pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hmmm. Ohk
Re: .. by overhypedsteve(m): 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2017
overhypedsteve:
Oga Henry240 I created this thread here to ensure that we enjoy some privacy over the issues I want to discuss with you. your thread, our thread would be hitting it's 1000th page anytime soon and this is not a feat that is very easy to achieve. military discussion threads usually last longer here on Nairaland because it's followers are not little kids that move away with time in search of new experiences. so I have been thinking and I ve decided to call your mind to this thoughts of mine so that our minds together can rub each other in a grand romance of thoughts and wits(I am sounding weird forgive me). to celebrate our achievement of the 1000th page peg, I suggest we surprise both old and new followers of the thread by creating a funny video slide of their past hilarious or controversial posts that would give them a sense of belonging, we should also quote some of the most controversial, funniest and ridiculous posts or claim made by a follower in the course of our journey together. a list of the ten first posters in the thread would be made and a list of the first posters of foreign nationality could also be made, a quote of the first attempt at derailing the thread by a poster should be posted and the poster and his nationality named.

for the intellectual part: I suggest we invite guest posters who are professionals in their fields to come and comment on some topics of interests e. g the challenges faced by local defence Industries in SSA and other issues that have bordered most of our fellow followers. I suggest we invite notable African Defence personalities like Gen Been, Eeben Barlow, The CEO of proforce and any other person of your choice.

then I would like you and I to author a work a pdf journal which would be the first of a series of journals and it this work would be about "Social Media and their impact of national defense planning" it would cover cases where local armed forces have been alerted through the social media, I am sure you are aware of the fact that the Centenary was named on the Internet first and somehow got the exact same name" these are issues I would like us to write on in this particular journal and it would be made avaliable for free to all the followers of the thread by email.

let's us continue to brain storm and see how we can make the achievement of this particular benchmark a memorable and uniting one for all of us. we would work with Oga S3un to get it on front page for the two days that this events would last.

please try not to write the name of anyone that you do not want to be better informed on this issue here. it is a surprise for the boys.

thank you
Henry240 please try sending a message to S3un informing him of this event and the need for a front page space.
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2017
overhypedsteve:
Oga Henry240 I created this thread here to ensure that we enjoy some privacy over the issues I want to discuss with you. your thread, our thread would be hitting it's 1000th page anytime soon and this is not a feat that is very easy to achieve. military discussion threads usually last longer here on Nairaland because it's followers are not little kids that move away with time in search of new experiences.
It's a milestone and it wouldn't have reached this stage without the input of all the thread's dedicated contributors.

overhypedsteve:
so I have been thinking and I ve decided to call your mind to this thoughts of mine so that our minds together can rub each other in a grand romance of thoughts and wits(I am sounding weird forgive me). to celebrate our achievement of the 1000th page peg, I suggest we surprise both old and new followers of the thread by creating a funny video slide of their past hilarious or controversial posts that would give them a sense of belonging, we should also quote some of the most controversial, funniest and ridiculous posts or claim made by a follower in the course of our journey together. a list of the ten first posters in the thread would be made and a list of the first posters of foreign nationality could also be made, a quote of the first attempt at derailing the thread by a poster should be posted and the poster and his nationality named.
To be honest, when i first read your post on this, I was excited, I felt it would be a fun experience in general, however at this point, I'm no longer enthused about it. The foreigners in that thread have over time brought in their Xenophobic characters from real life and transferred it online. There are two (2) camps in that thread, the Nigerian and South-African. Overtime i've noticed the disdain shown by the South-Africans towards anything Nigerian in that thread. Now, the Nigerians, including I, have decided to repay them with even greater disdain.

I used to post stuff from South-Africa, since the end of last year, i stopped. We are not a big happy companionship in that thread. Let us not act like we are. I sincerely don't like to play pretend. If you want to post a video montage, by all means, do, but I'm not going to join in.

I usually post the images in the thread, concentrate mostly on Nigeria and respond ruthlessly to anybody who takes a jibe at our country.

overhypedsteve:

No comment. I remember inviting Sunday Idajili to the thread when Gulma UAV was launched in 2013. Your suggestion might or might not work.

overhypedsteve:

thank you

On moving the frontpage that would be the end of the thread. One of my reasons of creating that thread was to keep those who are actually interested in military stuff, interested. Moving it to the frontpage would kill it off. So this is a big NO, for me.

On the authouring of a PDF, that's also a brilliant idea. However, I post photos or make contributions on the military for fun or in an Informal manner.

Anything formal would kill my drive. So for this, I'm sorry, I'll have to pass.

This is my position, thanks bro for finding me suitable to share your ideas with, I truly do appreciate it.
Re: .. by overhypedsteve(m): 11:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
Henry240:
It's a milestone and it wouldn't have reached this stage without the input of all the thread's dedicated contributors.

To be honest, when i first read your post on this, I was excited, I felt it would be a fun experience in general, however at this point, I'm no longer enthused about it. The foreigners in that thread have over time brought in their Xenophobic characters from real life and transferred it online. There are two (2) camps in that thread, the Nigerian and South-African. Overtime i've noticed the disdain shown by the South-Africans towards anything Nigerian in that thread. Now, the Nigerians, including I, have decided to repay them with even greater disdain.

I used to post stuff from South-Africa, since the end of last year, i stopped. We are not a big happy companionship in that thread. Let us not act like we are. I sincerely don't like to play pretend. If you want to post a video montage, by all means, do, but I'm not going to join in.

I usually post the images in the thread, concentrate mostly on Nigeria and respond ruthlessly to anybody who takes a jibe at our country.

No comment. I remember inviting Sunday Idajili to the thread when Gulma UAV was launched in 2013. Your suggestion might or might not work.

On moving the frontpage that would be the end of the thread. One of my reasons of creating that thread was to keep those who are actually interested in military stuff, interested. Moving it to the frontpage would kill it off. So this is a big NO, for me.

On the authouring of a PDF, that's also a brilliant idea. However, I post photos or make contributions on the military for fun or in an Informal manner.

Anything formal would kill my drive. So for this, I'm sorry, I'll have to pass.

This is my position, thanks bro for finding me suitable to share your ideas with, I truly do appreciate it.
thanks for the reply. I understand and respect your position and would not in anyway try to make you change it. you have shared your knowledge with a lot of people who you know or who you don't and have even moved some young men to enlist into service for their motherland only God will bless you for that. the South Africans are your friends, just as the East Africans and the North Africans, try to tolerate them as much as you can. some of their posts are driven by a sense of Competition and rivalry just accept it for what it is and ignore them, we are what we are today because of the unprecedented challenges that we have overcome, even you as a man must have clearly seen that achieving greatness in life is not too easy, so letting people walk over the little you have achieved without frowning is very hard but you may have to take that position, your thread have gone beyond Nigeria and if you, the continue to support one side of the house things may easily fall apart. I would try my best to get things back to the way it was when it was just you and fynlin3. I would go ahead with some of the plans for the 1000th mark if I am not too busy. I would do this because I do not know anyone of you guys, but yet I have for more than 4 years read the comments that you write. not that they are funny or very interesting but that we share a common interest. I can neva be angry over words posted on the Internet, they are just opinions and they can't bite anybody.

I am very impressed by your advanced level of knowledge on this things and by the fact that you have continued to improve as times go by.

I will handle it myself now that I have your permission.

(1) (Reply)

Male Lhasa Apso Puppies For Sale. / World's Most Expensive Chicken- All Black Colour / Man Pens Hilarious Note To His Pregnant Dog And Does A Pregnancy Photo Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.