Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) (2216 Views)

Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion / Oprah Winfrey Beats Folorunsho Alakija To Be Richest Black Woman On The Planet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by henriche(m): 1:12am On Feb 23, 2017
Mother-of-four, Folorunsho Alakija, 62, started her career as a secretary in a bank then studied fashion and launched a label but her big break was oil.
In 1993, her company, Famfa Oil, was awarded an oil prospecting license, which later became OML 127, one of Nigeria's most prolific oil blocks.
The company owns a 60 per cent stake in the block, valued at around $7.3 billion, Ventures Africa reports.
According to Forbes, Oprah Winfrey is worth $2.9 billion.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2449896/Folorunsho-Alakija-replaces-Oprah-Winfrey-richest-black-woman-world.html#ixzz4ZSiyJcGp

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 1:27am On Feb 23, 2017
Madam ETTEH! grin

How exactly did you go from bank secretary, to fashion designer, to oil block trader?
A FASHION DESIGNER with an OIL COMPANY?

Na which BABA do your own JAZZ?

Na you biko!

You worked harder than Oprah? shocked
Only in Nigeria ke!

5 Likes

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by henriche(m): 1:51am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:
Madam ETTEH! grin

How exactly did you go from bank secretary, to fashion designer, to oil block trader?

Na you biko!

Only in Nigeria ke!
I wonder o, i really need dat i am not understanding pix! lol
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 1:57am On Feb 23, 2017
henriche:

I wonder o, i really need dat i am not understanding pix! lol

This one? grin

As in. . . "How manage"? cheesy

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 2:01am On Feb 23, 2017
http://sett.com/greenlight/44451

“Alakija, 61, was born into a wealthy, polygamous Nigerian family. She started out her professional career in the mid-70s as a secretary at the now defunct International Merchant Bank of Nigeria, one of the country’s earliest investment banks. In the early 80s, Alakija quit her job and went on to study Fashion design in England, returning to Nigeria shortly afterwards to start Supreme Stitches, a premium Nigerian fashion label which catered exclusively to upscale clientele. The business thrived, and Alakija quickly made a tidy fortune selling high-end Nigerian clothing to fashionable wives of military bigwigs and society women”.

One of those military bigwigs was one Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, whose wife, Maryam, soon became a major client of Alakija’s. In 1993, Ibrahim Babangida had become Nigeria’s military dictator and Head of State of Nigeria and was in the final year of his 8 year reign after overthrowing the government of General Muhammadu Buhari in 1985. His wife, Maryam was of course Nigeria’s First Lady at the time. Alakija had by then become the unofficial clothier to the now late Maryam Babangida, which is a pretty big deal in itself as Maryam Babangida had cultivated a reputation as a “celebrity and an icon of beauty, fashion and style’".

Wonders! grin

Coincidentally, she hit jackpot in 1993? wink
Hmmmmmmmm!!!!
Fine woman. cheesy

http://www.cnbcafrica.com/news/western-africa/2016/09/17/africas-second-richest-woman/

2 Likes

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by TPAND(f): 2:18am On Feb 23, 2017
Na sooo.. but I still owe my respect to Ophrah, she's not an oil block beneficiary, she worked hard and she's a role model to women all around the world. She needed no romance with a politician, neither can anyone confidently beat their chest to the claim that they made her.

At a KICC event, Alakija said she will be richer than King Solomon by God's Grace.

I'm closing observing when the reserves of Agbami runs dry, what other venture will bring money to her.
Easiest billions ever made in history award goes to Alakija.

We dey observe

1 Like

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by henriche(m): 3:07am On Feb 23, 2017
Iv always believed dat wat one needs to make it in dis country is jus connection knwin d right people.
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by SAMBARRY: 6:33am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:
Madam ETTEH! grin

Na you biko!

Only in Nigeria ke!
na ibb o.Ibrahim badamosi babangida.she was a good girl to him and he rewarded her well wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 23, 2017
una go hala my name one day ooooooo.... singing originality#

1 Like

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 7:53am On Feb 23, 2017
SAMBARRY:
na ibb o.Ibrahim badamosi babangida.she was a good girl to him and he rewarded her well wink

GBAM!

Na you tok am o! wink
Oprah needs to meet Buhari in the grave I swear!
Just for one night to UP her game.
Bottom PAWA games! grin
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by ifyalways(f): 7:57am On Feb 23, 2017
Love this woman.

Anything worth doing had better be done well.

All those recharge card, buy me dinner, local ashawos, make una see levels. cheesy

#softwork#
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 8:01am On Feb 23, 2017
ifyalways:
Love this woman.

Anything worth doing had better be done well.

All those recharge card, buy me dinner, local ashawos, make una see levels. cheesy

#softwork#

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Please, I have failed in my " local runs "!
Juju pass juju abeg!
I need to stop "ating and take some lessons! wink

Madam BadA$$$$$mosi, please give me some lessons.

Mommy!!!! I disown you! cheesy
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by ifyalways(f): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Please, I have failed in my " local runs "!
Juju pass juju abeg!
I need to stop "ating and take some lessons! wink

Madam BadA$$$$$mosi, please give me some lessons.

Mommy!!!! I disown you! cheesy
Lmao.

Ibb was presentable in his days. How person wan begin handle Pa Buhari's dyke? cheesy

Times have changed dear. IBB, Jerry boy etc were cute in their prime hence were chopable.

The current aso rock occupants are ugly inside and outside. Twa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 8:16am On Feb 23, 2017
ifyalways:

Lmao.

Ibb was presentable in his days. How person wan begin handle Pa Buhari's dyke? cheesy

Times have changed dear. IBB, Jerry boy etc were cute in their prime hence were chopable.

The current aso rock occupants are ugly inside and outside. Twa cheesy

Nne! We are talking OIL BLOCKUS o!
Please, even if na BUHARI or TINUBU corpse!
All I need is ONE NIGHT! cheesy

Her tory nor gum atol atol!
Chel!!!!
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by ifyalways(f): 8:21am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

Mu che che

See you in London then. Trust you to send in better pictures and ofcourse have the man or corpse have a change of clothes. We are tired of the brown babariga. cheesy
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 8:27am On Feb 23, 2017
ifyalways:

Mu che che

See you in London then. Trust you to send in better pictures and ofcourse have the mk
an or corpse have a change of clothes. We are tired of the brown babariga. cheesy

Muchechechecheche che! che!
I must see "za oza woom" o!
Let me visit my "pastor" first for "fortifications". wink

1 Like

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by hedonistic: 9:05am On Feb 23, 2017
deb303:
una go gala my name one day ooooooo.... singing originality#

Haba malam. No be only gala your name. I go also Lacasera your name join.

It's actually "una go HALA my name one dayyyyy he, originality, oh oh oh oh oh ohhhh oh', lol.
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by hedonistic: 9:07am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

Nne! We are talking OIL BLOCKUS o! Please, even if na BUHARI or TINUBU corpse! All I need is ONE NIGHT! cheesy
Her tory nor gum atol atol! Chel!!!!
Kanwulia and her many incarnations! Nairaland's baddest of all time.
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by angelTI(f): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2017
But the write up didn't say she is richer than Oprah na angry sad angry

I don't know why I use the same eye to look at this woman and Florence Ita Giwa grin grin grin grin
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 9:44am On Feb 23, 2017
hedonistic:

Kanwulia and her many incarnations! Nairaland's baddest of all time.

I dey KAMKPEEEEEEDED!!!
A thousand shalt fall. . . . Psalm 91. cool

1 Like

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by SAMBARRY: 9:45am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

GBAM!

Na you tok am o! wink
Oprah needs to meet Buhari in the grave I swear!
Just for one night to UP her game.
Bottom PAWA games! grin
hahahaha no need.Oprah doesn't need to use her bottom power.her brain is enough to take her anywhere to the top financial grin
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by SAMBARRY: 9:47am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

I dey KAMKPEEEEEEDED!!!
A thousand shalt fall. . . . Psalm 91. cool
haaa k baby.I thought you're agonistic. When did you start quoting bible grin

Emagbamike cheesy

Kanwuliaextra tidi born again cheesy
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 9:48am On Feb 23, 2017
SAMBARRY:
hahahaha no need.Oprah doesn't need to use her bottom power.her brain is enough to take her anywhere to the top financial grin

To think what she had to "DO" to get and hold on to that OYEL BLOKOS.
She must have worked SUPER HARRRRD, and must be paying IBB dividends for life. cheesy
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 23, 2017
hedonistic:

Haba malam. No be only gala your name. I go also Lacasera your name join.

It's actually "una go HALA my name one dayyyyy he, originality, oh oh oh oh oh ohhhh oh', lol.
lolz... auto correct at work...
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 9:52am On Feb 23, 2017
SAMBARRY:
haaa k baby.I thought you're agonistic. When did you start quoting bible grin

Emagbamike cheesy

Kanwuliaextra tidi born again cheesy

You dun know the meaning of "agnostic"? grin
It means take it or leave it.
No particular beliefs necessary.

Free thinking according to what floats "the boat"! wink
Born again? Tufiakwa to brain-washing o. cry
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by SAMBARRY: 9:53am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

Her tory nor gum atol atol!
Chel!!!!
hiannn if you have one night opportunity to become a billionaire forever and change your life and family, you go say na ugly blokos? Even if the blokos resemble walking stick set you will make it work.we're talking about oil money. After all the number of blokos consumed no dey show for face
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by SAMBARRY: 9:54am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

You dun know the meaning of "agnostic"? grin
It means take it or leave it.
No particular beliefs necessary.

Free thinking according to what floats "the boat"! wink
Born again? Tufiakwa to brain-washing o. cry
hennn so you're neither here or there? I see grin
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2017
SAMBARRY:
hiannn if you have one night opportunity to become a billionaire forever and change your life and family, you go say na ugly blokos? Even if the blokos resemble walking stick set you will make it work.we're talking about oil money. After all the number of blokos consumed no dey show for face

I dun know about all that o.
Not possible.
Not my thing.
Very retired from the blokos industry. grin
For love or money.. . . Not interested. cool

1 Like

Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by SAMBARRY: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

To think what she had to "DO" to get and hold on to that OYEL BLOKOS.
She must have worked SUPER HARRRRD, and must be paying IBB dividends for life. cheesy
aswear grin

That woman will be forever grateful to ibb.if ibb says alakija I need to see you in my house before 4pm today she will fly to his house at the speed of light. That woman is really indebted to ibb but the only thing I wonder is how she was still able to keep her man or hold her marriage, the guy no vex leave, he still stuck with her when he knows she was ibb's family fashion designer and Ibrahim's friend with benefits cheesy
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2017
SAMBARRY:
hennn so you're neither here or there? I see grin

Oh yes o!
Free thinking.
I can "tap" from any book or philosophy.

As long as na my own GOD I dey praise and worship.
We all have our personal "chis"!

Never be deceived that 2 people worship the same "Yahweh"! grin

We still dey the same topic? cheesy
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by SAMBARRY: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

I dun know about all that o.
Not possible.
Not my thing.
Very retired from the blokos industry. grin
For love or money.. . . Not interested. cool
hahaha grin

Woman dey retire fOr blokos industry? grin

That means she be walking corpse.even Yoruba women pray that olorun mayo oro oko kuro ni life mi grin
Re: Folorusho Alakija Unseat Oprah As Richest Black Woman On Earth (2013 News) by KanwuliaExtra: 10:04am On Feb 23, 2017
SAMBARRY:
aswear grin

That woman will be forever grateful to ibb.if ibb says alakija I need to see you in my house before 4pm today she will fly to his house at the speed of light. That woman is really indebted to ibb but the only thing I wonder is how she was still able to keep her man or hold her marriage, the guy no vex leave, he still stuck with her when he knows she was ibb's family fashion designer and Ibrahim's friend with benefits cheesy

Muchechecheche!
Even her husband AND 4 SONS go line up remove trosis open nyansh ke! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Door Step Delivery/Logistics/Courier Company Within Nigeria / Write A Sales Page That Actually Converts Fast With This POWERFUL TOOL. / Forget about this, its no longer profitable due to a recent binance policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.