Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,966 members, 7,838,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ (15494 Views)

Naira Gains On Parallel Market For Four Consecutive Days, Now N480/$ / Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar / Naira Maintains Gain On Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by ephi123(f): 10:21am On Feb 23, 2017
abbeyty:
i am not going to say anything until naira is N1 = $1 as promised

That means you're going to be mute for a long long time grin
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by thatiboboy: 10:22am On Feb 23, 2017
efilefun:
Help us tell your hero and his fellow thieves to release all the dollars stored in their wardrobes and those buried, i just pray the united states change their currency and thrash away the old notes... i bet you dollars will exchange for less than 100 naira in black market
Are u in nigeria or outside? Are you not aware of all the money siezed so far including the latest deziani millions, at one time we heard that over a trillion has been recoverd.
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by ephi123(f): 10:32am On Feb 23, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
Let us hope the downward trend is sustained.

It's sad that some folks here are celebrating the crash of Naira because Buhari is of a different tribe.

We would ALL be affected if Naira is weak. Including the shortsighted folks who think they are immune because they are working abroad.

I earn USD here in Nigeria, my salary while constant $ wise, has increased from 280k in 2014 to over 830k Naira in 2017. Yet, buying a car has been so hard because of the prices being quoted.
Besides, not ALL my family members work in international organizations

Let's all hope the best for our country.

Not everything is about tribe. Some of the people speaking out against Buhari today were people who heavily campaigned for him. It's about performance, and if your policies are only making things hard for the already poor man on the street, you can't expect people to be pleased with you.

All we all want is for a country where things work well. So yes I agree with you, let's hope for the best for our country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by anonimi: 11:06am On Feb 23, 2017
PassingShot:
You've proved times without number that you're only educated but not literate.

If I ask you to provide Buhari's words promising that lie of yours, you'd bring that Vanguard headline which body says differently from it's topic.

It's the reason I largely ignore you whenever you quote me.

Did you not read the screen shot of the newspaper that was attached to my post, which you quoted?
Or could it be a comprehension problem
That may not be surprising seeing as the sick old man whom you swear by cannot even hear properly talk less of understanding what is being said. shocked shocked embarassed

[img]http://4.bp..com/-hxkbcMA-Gds/Vi_jnwVSIoI/AAAAAAAHG5I/0h9m6kBQqpE/s400/10.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=ephi123
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2017
ephi123:

Not everything is about tribe. Some of the people speaking out against Buhari today were people who heavily campaigned for him. It's about performance, and if your policies are only making things hard for the already poor man on the street, you can't expect people to be pleased with you.

All we all want is for a country where things work well. So yes I agree with you, let's hope for the best for our country.

Thank you for your level headed comment.

I supported PMB. I am very disappointed in him, lots of my comments are proof....

BUT, go through the comments on this thread, a particular tribe delights in celebrating woes of this country; that is obvious and you can check to confirm.

I don't belong to the Presidents tribe and i feel bigotry is wrong but we would all suffer from the country's woes.

have a nice day ahead

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by ephi123(f): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Thank you for your level headed comment.

I supported PMB. I am very disappointed in him, lots of my comments are proof....

BUT, go through the comments on this thread, a particular tribe delights in celebrating woes of this country; that is obvious and you can check to confirm.

I don't belong to the Presidents tribe and i feel bigotry is wrong but we would all suffer from the country's woes.

have a nice day ahead

I actually didn't read all the previous comments, but I totally agree with you that bigotry is wrong and not the way to go. What matters the most is our country progressing.

Thanks, have a great day ahead too.

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by efilefun(m): 12:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Most of you claim to be educated yet you spew dust online, when the funds are seized, they still have to wait for court ish to finalize... or aint you aware of yakubu's case were he filed a suit that his fund should be returned to him
thatiboboy:

Are u in nigeria or outside? Are you not aware of all the money siezed so far including the latest deziani millions, at one time we heard that over a trillion has been recoverd.
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by efilefun(m): 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
"Mr educated one", tell me how the starched loot aint affecting forex, so your educated brain thinks if all the funds starched are in circulation there would still be heavy forex scarcity abegiiiii just imagine yakubu's 9billion and patience loot in circulation won't that ease the pressure Please educate me "Mr educated one"
erico2k2:

Uneducated comment . Hiw does starched loot transform into forex scarcity ? ?
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
anonimi:

Thanks for confirming that your idol either: grin cheesy

A) did not know what he was talking when he campaigned and promised to make N equal to $
B) he is a LIAR and knew he could not deliver what he promised.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024299_bubu6_jpeg86aaf8fa6cd32a5104ab6bf996dd1ee3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3431120_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages3420191picsart1455886204785jpeg503a9ea978cee321112203705090d494_jpeg42f7ff794fb9c526b6223de620a8596b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2403078_buharinairatodollarpromise_jpeg536f4a3346e6a689940c6ceb025c51a7
prove to me Bihari said that and I swear to God l ll give u 10k.
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
PassingShot:

You've proved times without number that you're only educated but not literate.

If I ask you to provide Buhari's words promising that lie of yours, you'd bring that Vanguard headline which body says differently from it's topic.

It's the reason I largely ignore you whenever you quote me.
he is literate but not educated.
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by ifyan(m): 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Mynd44:
Personally, I think the Min Fin, Gov CBN and others just wanted to build the reserves to $30 billion and then start selling dollars. This new policies of meeting FOREX orders comes just after getting to that milestone

Your point is thoughtful. But don't you think this is a pressure from the populace

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by 989900: 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
It can fall as low as N350 @ the parallel market in a month or thereabout -- if only they can use their minds for once -- I know how!

The scarcity is artificial; it needs street smart ideas to resolve.

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by anonimi: 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
prove to me Bihari said that and I swear to God l ll give u 10k.

Said what

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
So we are now celebrating nonsensical nonsense & mediocrity angry angry

Tell you hero and looters that loot Nigeria dry in dollars to start return what they loot..

Whistle blowing job is now paying wella you better go make cool cash by exposing your pay masters..
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
wamiikechukwu:
Naira gain 11 and will loss 110 soon,
Nigerians are good at sabotaging

You prayer will not work and you might not witness when it get better..
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
xreal:
You call this an improvement?

Where is GEJ?
We neeed our 150/170 per dollar back.

Dollar is 285 when GEJ left in May 29 make you get your fact right..
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
ugochukwufrenzy:
ıs dat one ımprovement?bunch of medıocres...

Go and die if the news pain you..
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by TGaines: 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
Is it black market is official rate of dollar to naira rate? Why black market rate always on news everydays.buhari goverment are not serious at all. They must ban all this. Black market trade. We must trade on bank official rate.
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by thatiboboy: 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
efilefun:
Most of you claim to be educated yet you spew dust online, when the funds are seized, they still have to wait for court ish to finalize... or aint you aware of yakubu's case were he filed a suit that his fund should be returned to him
Oga u r the one very uninformed, many politicians in gej admin, voluntarily returned money to this administation after efcc harrassment running to trillions. Go and find outside.
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
anonimi:

Said what
that he will make N equal $.
Re: Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ by ndubisik(m): 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nonsense. No celebration till #1 = $1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traders In Jigawa, Kano Ignore Governors’ Directive, Reject Old Naira Notes / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender Indefinitely – CBN / Is Buena Vida Legit! Any Pros And Cons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.