Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] (32336 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas / Alabi Pasuma, Small Doctor, Destiny Boy At The Mushin Day 2017 - Pics & Video / Emmanuella Having Fun With Top Nollywood Stars 2017 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by SantiRAMBO: 11:03am On Feb 23, 2017
Ogashub:
Vector needs a comeback hit song
Are u serious? have u heard of lafiaji album??
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by girl4rmspace(f): 11:05am On Feb 23, 2017
Here's the full list of artiste that needs a hit asap.
Dprince dbanj dr sid inyanya sean tizzle brymo lynxx waje omawunmi mi jesse jagz flavour ice prince bracket skuki jaywon joel dipp kcee etc
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by wink2015(m): 11:09am On Feb 23, 2017
what about Korede Bello. His popularity has started dying after "I don get alert " songs.

Others like mungo park are all trash and gabbage!

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by girl4rmspace(f): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2017
bakynes:

Hit fine but you can sense they are doing so much work trying to still stay relevant by doing massive promotions. The P-Square we know before don't have to do too much work before their music blows up.

Their type of music is simply stale now and not appealing to the younger generations it's time to take the back sit and leave the younger artiste to do their thing is like Diddy trying to be relevant in the rap game where we now have drake, j-cole and KL

last time i checked, the majority loved and danced to testimony and bank alert, which shows their kind of music is still ''RELEVANT'' today.

You say psquare should leave yet you want these so called new gen artiste with garbage lyrics about girls with big booty to stay? I dont want to say you got garbage taste but i seriously question your taste in music

4 Likes

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nbote(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2017
girl4rmspace:

overrated? Nah he was never rated highly to begin with.

Wanna see overrated? Look no further than mr eazi. His songs are garbage yet he won next rated award.

Hian.. No naaa. I disagree with u on Mr. Eazi.. U might not like his style of music but c'mon Mr. Eazi came with his some unique style. He definitely had a consistent year compared to others nominated in d same category.. Tekno would have won it outright if he hadn't been disqualified...
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by girl4rmspace(f): 11:23am On Feb 23, 2017
All i just wanna say is...

** MR EAZI IS OVERRATED!!!

How he ever won that next rated award is beyond me. His songs werent even big to begin with.

I downloaded multiple songs from his album just to see what the fuss is about.. and i have to say i was soooooooooo dissapointed!!
His lyrics are like that of a child trying to compose songs for the first time

Even his new song '' leg over'' which he shot a video for.. is 100% bullcrap.

When guys like mr eazi are ''gifted'' the award for best new acts, then you know something is seriously wrong with our music industry. Standards are soooooooo low.

Was disspointed when kiss daniel lost to reekado last year but this one? I dont even have words to explain it

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 23, 2017
holatin:
1) dagrin

2) Goldie

3) sikiru aka barrister

4) Nico gravity

5) damoche
damoche wey dem fall for lasu?
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by truehero(m): 11:24am On Feb 23, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
girl4rmspace:

last time i checked, the majority loved and danced to testimony and bank alert, which shows their kind of music is still ''RELEVANT'' today.

You say psquare should leave yet you want these so called new gen artiste with garbage lyrics about girls with big booty to stay? I dont want to say you got garbage taste but i seriously question your taste in music

You have said it all. I cant even get that guy's point even.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by bakynes(m): 11:25am On Feb 23, 2017
girl4rmspace:

I don't want to argue with you on this issue but if you know P-square they are close to obiano music promoters and marketers so they can't release any track and it won't enjoy the massive air play.

In Nigeria sometimes is not about people liking the music it's about people listening to that music over and over again everywhere that's why bank alert died quickly compared to Olamide's- Who you epp, teckno's - Pana or Kiss Daniel's - Mama. They don't need to do much work in promotions it's a natural hit.

It's just the attitude it's P-squares new track we have to dance to it that is making people embrace their music if you follow the trend their type of music is stale.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by bakynes(m): 11:30am On Feb 23, 2017
truehero:
[color=#006600][/color]

You have said it all. I cant even get that guy's point even.
You can't understand because u don't reason deep and follow the trend. That's why their last two hit tracks didn't stay long before it faded off the air play. People want new sound new artiste with a different feel something they ve not heard before. They still have their fans no doubt but people want to hear new sounds nothing last forever.
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by kayzat: 11:31am On Feb 23, 2017
wink2015:
what about Korede Bello. His popularity has started dying after "I don get alert " songs.

Others like mungo park are all trash and gabbage!

Do like that is good and he just remix it featuring kelly Rolland
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 23, 2017
bakynes:

I don't want to argue with you on this issue but if you know P-square they are close to obiano music promoters and marketers so they can't release any track and it won't enjoy the massive air play.

In Nigeria sometimes is not about people liking the music it's about people listening to that music over and over again everywhere that's why bank alert died quickly compared to Olamide's- Who you epp, teckno's - Pana or Kiss Daniel's - Mama. They don't need to do much work in promotions it's a natural hit.

It's just the attitude it's P-squares new track we have to dance to it that is making people embrace their music if you follow the trend their type of music is stale.
sharap joor you don hear away by psquare, the most trending requested song on soundcity ,that 1s dissed them,and later went back begging...... 1 million views on youtube under 5 days,what do you know about music? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Abagworo(m): 11:37am On Feb 23, 2017
Kcee's "Tender" is one of the hottest tracks out late last year and still banging.
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Folumade1: 11:37am On Feb 23, 2017
well as for P.SQUARE i think the synergy of the two brothers works for them, they trying to come out independently makes them look like person wey them use kerosene prepare weed for. #Crap#

As for Nigerian Artiste i am optimistic that a time will come in this industry that we will all be tired of artiste singing about girls and booty coz its just overrated and now irritating. i wonder why people refer to Skuki as musicians those guys should be in the Garage learning Mechanic with their un co-ordinated voice

AS for Olamide Badosneeeh that guy might go down in history as a legend maybe i am being sentimental coz we bare the same name

Kiss Daniel is a Legend in the making, he is a lyricist, well behaved, very Loyal to his Employer and Label G Worldwide and very talented

has anyone from the western part of the country listen to King Sunny Ade's song "CONSCIENCE" recently that song he did in the 70's i wasn't even conceived then, yet its lyric is so relevant till for ever.

How about Mama Bola Are the end of year song "Odun lo sopin" still much relevant so God help us and the industry.

2017 is going to bring out Great revelations you guys should watch out for this name "MYKEELIS" and remember i mentioned him first here on Nairaland, his label TAR Records (TRAILZ ATLANTA RECORDS) an international recording Label will be unveiling soon in Nigeria with a Private launching

Anyway if anyone has a contact of a good Image Consultant or PR personnel very much still relevant in the industry i will need the person's contact.

my email is trailzconcepts@gmail.com
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Selena06:
The boss is here...
happy birthday Gomez
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by girl4rmspace(f): 11:40am On Feb 23, 2017
Nbote:

Hian.. No naaa. I disagree with u on Mr. Eazi.. U might not like his style of music but c'mon Mr. Eazi came with his some unique style. He definitely had a consistent year compared to others nominated in d same category.. Tekno would have won it outright if he hadn't been disqualified...

unique style? You gotta be kidding me. His lyrics are toddler levels.

Have you heard kpamurege? That is one of the worst songs i have ever heard and that is a mr eazi song

his lyrics are all about girls with big booty and not even in a good way. His was as boring as watching paint dry.

You know what, i'll take your word for it, recommend me 3 of mr eazi's best songs. I will download it now and see if i would think better of him.

I downloaded multiple songs from his album and i was not impressed one bit. Even what i believe to be his best song, is still an average song.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 23, 2017
You're beautiful!
girl4rmspace:
All i just wanna say is...

** MR EAZI IS OVERRATED!!!

How he ever won that next rated award is beyond me. His songs werent even big to begin with.

I downloaded multiple songs from his album just to see what the fuss is about.. and i have to say i was soooooooooo dissapointed!!
His lyrics are like that of a child trying to compose songs for the first time

Even his new song '' leg over'' which he shot a video for.. is 100% bullcrap.

When guys like mr eazi are ''gifted'' the award for best new acts, then you know something is seriously wrong with our music industry. Standards are soooooooo low.

Was disspointed when kiss daniel lost to reekado last year but this one? I dont even have words to explain it
you're beautiful!
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:42am On Feb 23, 2017
Ogashub:
Vector needs a comeback hit song
Vector shouldn't be on any list .
go listen to his lafiaji album .
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nbote(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2017
girl4rmspace:

unique style? You gotta be kidding me. His lyrics are toddler levels.

Have you heard kpamurege? That is one of the worst songs i have ever heard and that is a mr eazi song

his lyrics are all about girls with big booty and not even in a good way. His was as boring as watching paint dry.

You know what, i'll take your word for it, recommend me 3 of mr eazi's best songs. I will download it now and see if i would think better of him.

I downloaded multiple songs from his album and i was not impressed one bit. Even what i believe to be his best song, is still an average song.

Lolzzzz.. Yea I understand ur painment with dat song.. Most Nigerian Artiste have dat couple of junk songs naaa.. No jus rate am with dat one.. Like I said considering d other nominees in d category, he clearly had a beta year. Which of his songs do u believe is his best song..
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 23, 2017
SorftWerk:
happy birthday Gomez
Selena, no Gomez. Thanks anyway
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Airborne02(m): 11:51am On Feb 23, 2017
finalboss:
smiley
finalboss hmmm i still dey beg here ooo pls hlp me na .
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by girl4rmspace(f): 11:53am On Feb 23, 2017
bakynes:

am sorry but now i know for sure that your taste in music is GARBAGE

there is no new gen artiste that comes remotely close to the lyrical genius of psquare, much less the overall appeal that they have.

Lets see these new gen artiste try to last as long as psquare did before we can talk.

Psquare has been the most consistent artiste in nigeria since they came into the game. Even 2face has gone years without hits but never psquare.

When you are blessed, you are blessed. You are just being biased with your comments. Then again, i dont expect much from someone who wishes to see a talent like psquare leave when the industry is filled with mediocre new gen artiste that only sings about big booty.

6 Likes

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by bakynes(m): 11:57am On Feb 23, 2017
RIZLER:
sharap joor you don hear away by psquare, the most trending requested song on soundcity ,that 1s dissed them,and later went back begging...... 1 million views on youtube under 5 days,what do you know about music? undecided
Mumu how come we don't hear the so called "Away" been played so often my friend you may be a P-square fan no doubt they are good and they have pay their dues in the industry but the popping generation no longer find their music appealing.its time they stop forcing their music down our throats. We all know they enjoy patronage from DJ's and music promoters but we want something from Phyno,Olamide,Kiss Daniel, Tekno. New sounds appealing to younger generations.
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by girl4rmspace(f): 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
SorftWerk:
You're beautiful! you're beautiful!

thanks
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Exactly!!
happney65:
No be everytime people go dey blow..Worldwide too..When was the last time you heard Priddy or J Z drop a hit track..They are into bigger things and music is now something they do later..They have made hits upon hits it might not be a big deal to them again..
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by girl4rmspace(f): 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nbote:

Lolzzzz.. Yea I understand ur painment with dat song.. Most Nigerian Artiste have dat couple of junk songs naaa.. No jus rate am with dat one.. Like I said considering d other nominees in d category, he clearly had a beta year. Which of his songs do u believe is his best song..

''sample you'' generic but still lively.... I also like hollup a little because the video was cool, not the song itself. That's about it. The rest? GARBAGE

am still waiting for your recommendations...since you rate him highly
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by bakynes(m): 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
girl4rmspace:

am sorry but now i know for sure that your taste in music is GARBAGE

there is no new gen artiste that comes remotely close to the lyrical genius of psquare, much less the overall appeal that they have.

Lets see these new gen artiste try to last as long as psquare did before we can talk.

Psquare has been the most consistent artiste in nigeria since they came into the game. Even 2face has gone years without hits but never psquare.

When you are blessed, you are blessed. You are just being biased with your comments. Then again, i dont expect much from someone who wishes to see a talent like psquare leave when the industry is filled with mediocre new gen artiste that only sings about big booty.
U can't understand if you don't reason deep, am no small boy,I don't like the big booty type of music but u don't expect the younger generations to be Jamming Bank Alert in his car. They like music with modern beat and sound and am sorry your " Bank alert" doesn't have such a beat or sound.

This case is just like Usher in the US he still has his fans in ten's of millions but anytime he releases a track it hits but it quickly fades off the airways or the chart but the likes of Chris Brown,The Weekend or Tory Lanez releases a track and you see it stay in the airwaves and charts for many months because their music is more appealing to the younger generations than Ushers. It's just telling you something that their time is coming to an end nothing lasts forever.
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by girl4rmspace(f): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Airborne02:
finalboss hmmm i still dey beg here ooo pls hlp me na .

curious. What do you want him to help you with?
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by girl4rmspace(f): 12:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
bakynes:

U can't understand if you don't reason deep, am no small boy,I don't like the big booty type of music but u don't expect the younger generations to be Jamming Bank Alert in his car. They like music with modern beat and sound and am sorry your " Bank alert" doesn't have such a beat or sound.

This case is just like Usher in the US he still has his fans in ten's of millions but anytime he releases a track it hits but it quickly fades off the airways or the chart but the likes of Chris Brown,The Weekend or Tory Lanez releases a track and you see it stay in the airwaves and charts for many months because their music is more appealing to the younger generations than Ushers. It's just telling you something that their time is coming to an end nothing lasts forever.

yet even now, whenever they drop a song it becomes a hit.

This makes all your point invalid. Oh and bank alert was played in literally every event i attended including weddings. And the crowd exploded. Yes am talking about the younger generation.

Seriously i wonder where you got the idea that their music dsnt appeal to younger generations. That's gotta be one of the worst bullshits i have ever heard on this site.

I wonder what you would have said if they had no hit songs in the last 3 years. You would probably say they are dead and buried.

Your opinions are baseless, your claims are false, your logic is flawed thus your entire contribution is null and void.

4 Likes

Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
finalboss:
smiley
how far you na?
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
finalboss:
smiley
how far you na?
Re: Top 8 Nigerian Musicians In Desperate Need Of A Hit Track This 2017 [PICS] by bakynes(m): 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
girl4rmspace:

yet even now, whenever they drop a song it becomes a hit.

This makes all your point invalid. Oh and bank alert was played in literally every event i attended including weddings. And the crowd exploded. Yes am talking about the younger generation.

Seriously i wonder where you got the idea that their music dsnt appeal to younger generations. That's gotta be one of the worst bullshits i have ever heard on this site.

I wonder what you would have said if they had no hit songs in the last 3 years. You would probably say they are dead and buried.

Your opinions are baseless, your claims are false, your logic is flawed thus your entire contribution is null and void.
Good luck to u if you don't understand my Point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayo Omoboriowo Celebrates His Wife’s Birthday With Adorable Photo / I-Go-Dye Supports 2face's Nationwide Protest / Uriel Oputa's Look To BBNaija 2018 Finale (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.