Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Famous Abortion Case: Woman Says "It Was The Biggest Mistake Of My Life" - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Famous Abortion Case: Woman Says "It Was The Biggest Mistake Of My Life" (575 Views)

I'm Ready To Sue One Of The Biggest Private Hospital In Lagos / Cancer Patient Sneaks Out Of Hospital To Drink Beer, Says It Might Be His Last / 15 Years After Abortion, Indian Woman Finds Aborted Baby In Her Abdomen (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Famous Abortion Case: Woman Says "It Was The Biggest Mistake Of My Life" by AbiolaEsq(f): 9:17am On Feb 23, 2017
Norma McCorvey, the woman behind  Roe v. Wade—whose case was used to legalise abortion in the United States devoted her life to overturning the judgement before she died.

According to Washington Post, McCorvey died on February 18th, 2017.

In 1973, she was ‘Jane Roe’ the plaintiff in the famous (or can we say infamous) case where the SCOTUS- Supreme Court of the United States opened the door for on-demand abortion in the country.

This landmark decision invariably affected abortion laws—and attitudes, globally.

“Back in 1973, I was a very confused twenty-one year old with one child and facing an unplanned pregnancy,” she says in anti-abortion ad. “At the time I fought to obtain a legal abortion, but truth be told, I have three daughters and never had an abortion.”

“I think it’s safe to say that the entire abortion industry is based on a lie…. I am dedicated to spending the rest of my life undoing the law that bears my name,” McCorvey says.

“You read about me in history books, but now I am dedicated to spreading the truth about preserving the dignity of all human life from natural conception to natural death.” She sums up the 60 second ad.

10 Facts you didn’t know about the case

1. Norma McCorvey never wanted an abortion — she was seeking a divorce from her husband.

2.Two young, pro-abortion feminist attorneys used McCorvey’s case as a means of attempting to overturn Texas’ law which made most abortions illegal.

3.She was persuaded by the lawyers to lie that she was raped

4.Her signature on the affidavits were forged as she never saw the court papers

5.The Supreme Court decision invalidated every pro-life (anti-abortion ) state law in the United States protecting unborn children and the rest is history.

6.She never had an abortion.By the time the Supreme Court announced its decision, her baby was 2½ years old.

7.Since Roe v Wade more than 50 million babies have been killed through abortion in America

8 She worked in abortion clinics until 1995 when she became a pro-life advocate, campaigning against abortion.

9  She said helping legalize abortion was “the biggest mistake of my life”

10.In 2003, Norma filed to re-open Roe v Wade. The petition was hastily dismissed by SCOTUS. 

http://www.theloyalnigerianlawyer.com/roe-v-wade-woman-behind-case-fought-judgement-overturned/

Re: Famous Abortion Case: Woman Says "It Was The Biggest Mistake Of My Life" by handsespen: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2017
Abortion and Dignity of Human Life: A Moral Consideration

The moral consideration of abortion points to the difficulty involved in the defining with enough grounds, arguments and proof whether or not abortion and its related activities are wrong or right. In the annals of history, the definition of the morality of abortion is a difficult task that posits lots of problems which years of scholastic philosophical arguments have not been able to determine.

http://www.scharticles.com/abortion-dignity-human-life/

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Autism / Admission Admission Admission / Early Nights Could Help You Become A Father- The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.