Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Help!!! Please How Do I Host Symfony 3 Projects On Cpanel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help!!! Please How Do I Host Symfony 3 Projects On Cpanel (688 Views)

3 Projects For Web Developers / Where Can I Host My Online Course / Should I Host With Rythost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Please How Do I Host Symfony 3 Projects On Cpanel by Omzie(m): 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm in a situation where i desperately need help. I created an app on my localhost using symfony 3. Stuff works perfectly well on my local host. Now my main problem is moving it to my shared hosting (cpanel). Moved the files to the public_html folder, then i moved the app, bin, src, var, e.t.c folders to the parent folder (The folder containing the public_html folder) while leaving the 'web' folder in the public_html. I then moved everything from the 'web' folder (Which is inside the public_html folder) into the public_html folder. Making me have the following directory structure:

cpanel-root-directory
---/app
---/bin
---/src
---/tests
---/var
---/vendor
---/public_html
------/bundles
------/css
------/dist
------/fonts
------/img
------/js
------/plugins
------/uploads
------.htaccess
------app.php
------app_dev.php
------apple-touch-icon.png
------config.php
------robots.txt

When i go to the domain name, i keep getting this annoying HTTP 500 error. Then on both localhost and on the server (at different times) i created a fresh new symfony project, dumped it in the server and got the "Welcome to Symfony 3" page quite alright. But, when i tried putting my controller files, and going to the routes defined in them (i use annotations in the Sensio bundle to define routes), i get that HTTP 500 error. Okay then in the default controller that works, i try defining a new action 'testAction'. When i go to the route for the test action, i still get the HTTP 500 error, but going to the '/' route, i see the symfony welcome page correctly.

Please pro web developers should help me out with this cuz i'm approaching my deadline. My clients have seen that the stuff works perfectly well on my localhost but now moving it to the server is the issue.

Thanks.

CC: seun, lalasticlala i know this is not a thread about snakes or tonto dike but please a front page appearance would be really appreciated. Thanks
Re: Help!!! Please How Do I Host Symfony 3 Projects On Cpanel by oliverusselldev: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
I wouldn't recommend cpanel based hosting or shared hosting for hosting symfony or any other PHP based apps. I would recommend you to go with a cloud server, like DigitalOcean. If you don't know how to setup a DO server manually, you can use platform, like Cloudways, for [url="https://www.cloudways.com/en/php-cloud-hosting.php"]hosting PHP MySQL[/url] site on managed servers. With this platform, you can host PHP on Digitalocean server in just one click. There is no need to manage server manually either.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Guru In Whogohost Help Me Frm Blogger To WP / . / USA Google Adsense Account Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.