Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore (1994 Views)

Amaechi Loses His Temper On A LoveFM Presenter Who Exposed His Hipocrisy / Ex Kaduna Governor, Makarfi, Loses His Senate Seat To His Former Commissioner / Turai Yar'dua Also Ignore Protocol, Decended The Plane Before the President?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by smile4kenn(m): 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2009
After 17 days in a hospital in Saudi Arabia, President Umar Yar’Adua has reportedly lost his voice and his condition dreadful.

Sources close to President Yar’Adua this morning confirmed to P.M.NEWS that the ailing President has lost his voice and that doctors are battling to rectify this.

According to sources, the President’s lungs were infected and doctors had to operate on them.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/12/10/day-17-in-jeddah-yaradua-loses-voice-doctors-say-condition-very-dreadful
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
this is getting really messy! grin
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by WilyWily: 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2009
If Yar-dua can't talk anymore, what are the Doctors doing, Let them carry out surgery in his mouth to enable him talk.
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by smartkid5(m): 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
am not praying he dies but him don try since with the problem , let him die and leave earth /, after all his family cant be poor , he has stolen much dat why he cant talk. idiot. die let someone eat too . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by Rukkayat(f): 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2009
no be say i dey wish person bad, because i never pray say make em die, but i no want make em comtinue to n be d president of nigeria, because e neva do anythin fo d people.
I WISH HIM GOOD LUCK WITH HIS LIFE THOUGH, undecided
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by MrCrackles(m): 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by ChapelleS: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2009
Yar'Adua is a die hard!
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by Jaybee2412(m): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
So how about the speech scheduled for Friday?
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by ChapelleS: 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2009
Obj will interprete the words of a man in coma
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by rascalo: 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
Na wa ooooooo cry
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2009
Obasanjo: Umaru, Umaru, Nigerians said you are sick, are you sick.

Umaru: No Mr President, am hale and hearthy, i can even challenge anyone to a squash game, >>>>smiling

Obasanjo: Umaru is even smiling.

The above conversation took place about 2 years back.

who is fooling who now?
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2009
RICHIE BOI:

this is getting really messy! grin

nope it got messy ages ago

the truth is simply coming out in phases

Still waiting for the Senate to confirm that Yar'adua can run Nigeria from the grave. After all we need is a marabout who can go to his grave yard to consult him on issues of National security.

What a backward country, keep praying folks!!!!!!!!! Never speak up in defence of section 144 / 145 of the constitution.
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by waleluv1(m): 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
Our country, nigeria needs prayers. Only God knows what would happen if the man dies today
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by WilyWily: 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2009
waleluv1:

Our country, nigeria needs prayers. Only God knows what would happen if the man dies today
What will happen is, if Jonathan is pushed aside, We have no option than to bring out our Guns in mass.
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by Jnasky(m): 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
na wa o!
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
He should resign. I'll feel no pity for him if he doesn't resign. The future of 150million Blacks is more important than the political ambition of one man. His wife will push him to his grave. She seem to be enjoying the status of first lady forgetting that she can go from a first lady to a wicked nationally hated widow if her husband dies in office.
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by sjeezy8: 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
even if he dies isnt sacrifice good for progress grin
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by Fhemmmy: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
Can someone tell this dude to love himself and just give up the damn position of the presidency?
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by HarryPotter1(m): 11:43pm On Dec 10, 2009
na wa oo how can we hve a living dead as a president.9ja na strong country o, na only 4 9ja impossible thing dey possible.phew! wonders shall neva end.
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by kayc33(m): 12:07am On Dec 11, 2009
Dude should resign and go relax, he don try for us!
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by mesings: 9:45am On Dec 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Can someone tell this dude to love himself and just give up the damn position of the presidency?

He's probably in coma he can't make that decision himself!!!!!!!
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by Eagle1(m): 10:03am On Dec 11, 2009
Just Got this from SR. Its really doubtful if the pressy will survive;

' I just woke up to read this idiotic piece dished out to Nigerians. First, let me say, that beyond all reasonable doubt that if the diagnosis and the muddled up information dished out by the demons in PDP are true, then Mr. Yar'dua is not coming back to Nigeria, at least NOT on his feet.

Please do not get me wrong, do not mistake my take as being cold hearted or see me as a woman without African compassion in her. In fact I feel all these because I was once in the shoes of Mrs Yar'dua. Not that my own man had his kind of influence or money, but I loved him with all my heart all the same.

OK, look at this, the man is not able to speak or he is inaudible if he does. No mam/sir, the man cannot speak at all. The man is on a ventilator, he is intubated to secure the airway because someone did not have the presence of mind to intubate him, secure his airway, hyperventilate him en route to Saudi Arabia, so he SUFFERED ANOXIC NEURO DAMAGE. It takes only 3mins and at best 5 mins for any one to suffer irreversible brain damage without oxygen. So, his fool of a doctor putting him on oxygen via nasal cannula will only give the man nose bleed without making much difference. . Doctors flown in from Germany and America will not make a difference.

The man had a cascade of chemical activities when his heart failed or should I say when he suffered vascular collapse in Abuja. These chemical reactions will open the gates for toxic reactions hence his systemic collapse. It takes only a couple of minutes, 8 mins precisely or may be a little longer in some strange people for the chemical to bring down the whole system. In that case, he will be in a vegetative state .

What is happening now is that they have put him on life support, he can neither talk or blink, he is in what we call CATATONIC STATE, with only the severely compromised brain ticking away. In that case , his algorithm will be very erratic on the monitor, They can give him all the epi. in the world and it will not make a difference.

I am almost sure the man is on life support. I want to assume he also has a trach. They will do that to access his lungs to see if miracle can happen as soon as he arrived in the hospital because his airway would have been compromised by the time he got to the hospital. Where we cannot get a line into a patient, we go for O/S, and that is we go through the the trachea to get the lungs filled with oxygen. Sometime, the man will be artificially kept alive as long as his heart is still registering on the monitor, no matter how poor his algorithm may be. In that case, he will be dead and alive at the same time. However, we do keep them on to see if they will make a miraculous come back. There are some things, indeed a lot of things medicine cannot explain. One of which is the phenomenon of the COME BACK KIDS. as we call them. We keep them on as long as per family request until the register a PEA on the monitor and then they go away forever. Those moments are so surreal. So, what is Madam President is doing now is hoping that the man will make a miraculous come back. I am surprised Gov saraki is part of this caper because he is before anything else a medical professional who from all indications does not know what is on in our world anymore. The man will speak to the nation? common guys, this guy ain't speaking to no one but his creator. He cannot speak because he has tubes in his throat or though his nasal septum. Actually he has more than that. let me tell you guys what he has:

1. FOLEY CATH: That is a tube going through his penis to his bladder to drain urine into a urine bag for measurement. The essence of it is to see his urine osmolality and to measure the kidney function. We want to see at least 30 ml of urine per hour. In his case, it is not likely because the reports say his kidneys are gone. Poor guy. besides, we do not want him to void on himself so that we do not have issues of skin break down from the ammonia in the urine.

2. RECTAL TUBE: that is the one that will collect all the feces if at all. That is to maintain hygiene. We also want to see the color, size, viscosity of the feces. It tells a lot. That is besides the fact that he is in ICU or IMU, nurses on those wards are not known to tolerate an incontinent patient. Besides, you do not want to accidentally dislodge a tube because all the alarms will go off at the same time. I once rotated to IMCU and the noise from the monitors almost drove me to drink. I do not drink at all.

3. TRACHEOSTOMY: That is meant to be part of his breathing tubes which will be connected to a ventilator. because the lungs are crappy now, am sure his secretions will be suctioned for him so that he does not drown in his own fluids.

4. G or J TUBe: That is to maintain nutrition for him and to see his if he can make a miraculous come back.

5. OROPHARYNGEAL TUBES: connected to the ventilator. helps him to breathe.

6. NASO GASTRIC TUBE: Not likely because the oro is already in, but may be they were not able to get in the oro tube and since he did not have a facial or cranial wound, he may be a candidate for the naso tube. If his his oral airway had been compromised before he got to Saudi Arabia. The dumb doctor did not intubate him, his airway would have become occluded and so we go through the nasal septum.

7. CENTRAL LINE: that is to medicate him, draw labs which will be done round the clock at least B. I.D to see his chemistry. I hope they gave him the triple lumen so that if he cannot tolerate a g-tube, he will be getting parentral nutrition. His eyes may be wide open which is kind of creepy or it may be shut. If it is my facility, we will close the eyes so that there is no corneal damage. If the eyes are left open, his people will ignorantly think he is looking at them and some times families think they see the man blinking. yeah right, The rise and fall of the chest may look even tot he uninitiated, they may think his respiration is even and unlabored, but it is the ventilator working. The man may no longer be taking spontaneous respiration. it is the machines breathing for him. The family may think other wise.

Is there something am missing? please remind me in your reply. The point is Mrs Yar'dua might be going through the stages of grief which is understandable. Look, when mine was in the throes of death, I walked in the icy rain of Washington, DC and I did not feel it. I went into denial. I almost gambled away my license. I went to Dr Yamamoto, my daughter's instructor when she rotated to Cardiology. He is the 5th cardiologist in the USA. I asked him to do a miracle. I wept like a baby because I saw him slipping into death.

Stages of grief are 4:

1. DENIAL : no it is not happening. He will come back. Lightening will strike and all of you will be shamed. I feel her pain.

2. ANGER: You feel betrayed by the patient. You blame him for being sick. You cuss at him and at every one who tells you anything contrary to what you want to hear.

3. BARGAINING; you attempt to bargain with God and get all the prayer warriors to pray to God to give you a second chance.

4. ACCEPTANCE: You accept the party is over and allow the man to go. I feel her pain. She will get there. I went through it. I cussed at mine on some occasions, I cried and rocked him like a baby in the next minute. I dropped 4 dress sizes. I went into deep sadness. I blamed every body, lashed at him while he was sick. Tried all the hospitals all over the world. Got through to a friend practicing in South Africa for a heart transplant and blew all my savings including my childrens' money hoping for a miracle. he eventually expired and I almost suffered a melt down. Now, guys, having said that, I have zero respect to all those fools in Nigeria who have what we call the FOOT MOUTH DISEASE. Seriously, there is a disease like that, but IT IS FOUND IN COWS. Those folks in the national assembly are mentally below cows in the realm of things.

May God help us, and am genuinely praying, but it is not likely the man will come back. That is however, based on the premise that all what we have read is true.

www.saharareporters.com
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by ud4u: 11:01am On Dec 11, 2009
This matter is getting worse and worse every day, may God help this man to survive and after this I suggest resignation for him.
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by netpro(m): 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2009
I recall BECOMERICH posting pics about people recovering from Coma. God save Nigeria.
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by chosen04(f): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2009
kayc33:

Dude should resign and go relax, he don try for us!

What has he done?
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by mafioso(m): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2009
who tell una say him no fit talk again person wey we go see today for Jeddah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7iVGpOMq00

Why can't this guy just Die? cool
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by princekevo(m): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2009
Cant you guys see the positive aspect of this? Nigeria might finally find their way in the Guiness book of record. Being the first country in the world to have a deaf and dumb man as their president, probably a dead man as the president. Will that not be a great achievement?
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by joeyfire(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2009
@princekevo

LOOOL !!! bros i dey trip for naija. The most populous black nation on earth has been ruled for the past year by a man who has been fighting for his life and we expect progress in our economy and nation as a whole. I'm sure the world is laughing at us as usual. I wonder what our so called ''smaller African countries'' are saying about us sef. Shame dey catch me for where i dey
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
Common guys, this aint right, the man is ill sad
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by kayc33(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2009
chosen04:

What has he done?

yep! he has tried doing nothing for u
Re: Yar'dua Loses His Voice! He Cant Talk Anymore by kosovo(m): 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2009
Locked! Click Here For similar thread.

(1)

Nigerian Parties Are Demonic And Dubious, Says Ihonvbere / Joanthan Vs Atiku Debate- Tonight? / EFCC Is Incompetent In Prosecuting High Profile Politicians - Human Rights Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.