Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market (19706 Views)

CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React / CBN New Forex Policy Fails To Excite Foreign Investors / Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy (2) (3) (4)

Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Realdeals(m): 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
Is it masses that will pay for school and medicals? Why the noise?
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by coalcoal1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
k
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by dbynonetwork: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
davodguy:
This is really great. The BDC would be forced to do the needful

At N305, then we need not fear fuel price hike, except if the price of crude oil rises at the international market.

I hope this extends to oil marketers and real importers. Not food items but items we dont produce in Nigeria, Like electronics etc

Oga Nigeria benefits from an increase in the price of crude oil... Decrease in price of crude oil may force govt to increase the pump price of fuel.....

It is common sense...
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
Wait till April 2016, CBN would backtrack ..useless government grin grin grin
The same strategy which was adopted last year shocked

Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by me69: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
IT is also imperative that the CBN provides a plateform for nigerians abroad that send money to nigeria so that a substantial part of the forex sent home goes through the CBN and then put back into the system by the CBN so that the CBN always has some other source of dollar apart from oil

Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
darfay:
What I wish to understand is y Nigerians voted a vegetable as president out of it's population of two hundred million smh
Na 200million people campaign? Rather, u should ask y only gej and buhari campaign out of 200million people.

Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by davodguy: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
dbynonetwork:

Oga Nigeria benefits from an increase in the price of crude oil... Decrease in price of crude oil may force govt to increase the pump price of fuel.....

It is common sense...

Pathetic.

You need 'economic' sense.

Smh
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by poiZon: 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
to me dat illiterate ambassador to london for just park well for where him dey, make these people begin dey work without the dullard interfering.

Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Kingspin(m): 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
Change the entire country system and stop patching, if you continue to patch in no longer time we back to zero. Why not this useless leaders think well

Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by TGaines: 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nigeria goverment are not serious.whats black market? Only Nigeria i always heard black market.a serious government will ban black market.let all banks sell and buy dollar at official rates. And cancel all individual dollar bank account. Dollar is not our offical currency. Can someone go to uk or the rest of the world and open naira account.? The answer is no. Goverment should stop all this nonsense

Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by emi14: 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
Let's pray the rate keeps going down.

It negatively affects us all... even those profiting from it directly still have dependents.

Hope the Government would put in sustainable efforts to diversify the economy unlike past governments.

Obasanjo's administration picked nigeria from the cabbage of military mess but never blame either Buhari, Babangida or lord Abacha.
Make your points and leave past governments . Focus on the realities of today.

Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Owoloku1: 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
Truth234:
It's a gradual process, this was introduced on Monday, as soon as it filtered through fx segments, commercial banks will once again unblock naira denominated cards.
Oh okay..Thanks

Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by dbynonetwork: 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
davodguy:

Pathetic.

I need 'economic' sense.

Smh
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
emi14:

Obasanjo's administration picked nigeria from the cabbage of military mess but never blame either Buhari, Babangida or lord Abacha.
Make your points and leave past governments . Focus on the realities of today.

Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

It's a cliche that most policies made by GOVERNMENTS especially in Nigeria are often not sustainable.

You would be dumb to think foreign reserves left by past governments or policies enacted don't affect the present.

LOL... so foreign reserves always start at $0? You don't have to comment when you have nothing reasonable to say.

It's sensible to build on achievements and not start ALL OVER again all the time.
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by einsteinn(m): 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
best finacial policy since the inception of the change regime.....buh y tk this long CBN....anyway they should broaden the lists of items that qualify for the forex
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
The guys down there, better go and warn your brothers oo, heeeeeen!
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by emi14: 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

It's a cliche that most policies made by GOVERNMENTS especially in Nigeria are often not sustainable.

You would be dumb to think foreign reserves left by past governments or policies enacted don't affect the present.

LOL... so foreign reserves always start at $0? You don't have to comment when you have nothing reasonable to say.

It's sensible to build on achievements and not start ALL OVER again all the time.

Foreign reserve or not this present govt have destroy Nigeria completely. Keep blaming past.
Cbn decided to change forex policies...why? Did past administration instruct them on what to do?
Nonsense. Keep blaming Jonathan. Even empty reserve made Buhari incapable and incapacitated. Blame past administrations for his health failure
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Durosure(m): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
This seems like a good News
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by BetaThings: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
dbynonetwork:

It is common sense...
The man has a point
if price of crude oil goes up, Nigeria benefits but the government also starts whining about subsidy
if price comes down, they cannot come talk about subsidy but they may try to increase fuel price to raise revenue but that will be politically suicidal because people will ask them for the justification
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by BetaThings: 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
emi14:

Foreign reserve or not this present govt have destroy Nigeria completely. Keep blaming past.
Really?
Would you care to explain?
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by emi14: 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=BetaThings post=53993171]
Really?
Would you care to explain?

No..can't waste my time.
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
emi14:

Cbn decided to change forex policies...why? Did past administration instruct them on what to do?
Nonsense. Keep blaming Jonathan. Even empty reserve made Buhari incapable and incapacitated. Blame past administrations for his health failure

LOL... grin. Thanks for your rambling post. It helped confirm your low IQ wink

I neither castigated GEJ nor praised PMB. Give my posts to someone more literate than you wink

Let me summarize again - achievements by successive governments should be cumulative and sustainable.

Now, take a hanky and blow your nose...cry no more angry
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by chibuzorAbia: 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Realdeals:
Is it masses that will pay for school and medicals? Why the noise?

Exactly, very good observation.
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by emi14: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

LOL... grin. Thanks for your rambling post. It helped confirm your low IQ wink

I neither castigated GEJ nor praised PMB. Give my posts to someone more literate than you wink

Let me summarize again - achievements by successive governments should be cumulative and sustainable.

Now, take a hanky and blow your nose...cry no more angry

Low IQ? Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
emi14:

Low IQ? Hahahahahahahaha

Yes, LOW IQ. Any part you don't understand, m0r0n?

Successive? Cumulative? Sustainable?

Checked your other posts and i am sorry for you wink grin grin grin
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by emi14: 10:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Yes, LOW IQ. Any part you don't understand, m0r0n?

Successive? Cumulative? Sustainable?

Checked your other posts and i am sorry for you wink grin grin grin

You lack home training. I regret. You will call anyone you come across slowpoke
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
emi14:

You lack home training.

Your parents do...obviously wink
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by emi14: 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=JustinSlayer69 post=53999590]

Your parents do...obviously wink[/quot

Thank God you recognized I have parents what about you?. Under bridged born
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=emi14 post=53999683][/quot

YOURS = pathetic grin grin grin

Don't cry, wink wink wink
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by davidsthe(m): 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
Clone2020:
If you are in the US or have relatives in the US trying to send money to naija, I will exchange the funds at 430/$, simply deposit into my US bank account and receive instant funding into your Nigerian account. Don't bother with western Union and co, they exchange at 375/$ with fees and the exchange rate drops to around 345/$.

See my contact below.
what if i want to send money out of nigeria for instance import a car, what rate do you offer?
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by chimauga(m): 1:13am On Feb 24, 2017
Trial and error
Re: Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market by Clone2020(m): 4:44am On Feb 24, 2017
davidsthe:
what if i want to send money out of nigeria for instance import a car, what rate do you offer?

Oh so sorry but I don't offer that service.

Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote / What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? / Banks Stop Cash Withdrawal From Overseas Atms