Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office (51341 Views)

Man Found Dead While Trying To Vandalize Transformer In Delta(photos) / Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / Suspected Cultists Invade Surulere, Vandalize Cars, Steal Valuables (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by chocorex(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Where are the photos... Mtn. Dstv
.even shop rite...hahaha.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by LOVEGINO(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Oya everybody lets support this protest by breaking our mtn sim.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nukualofa: 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Two wrongs don't make a right
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by switchlain: 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thewrath:
These South Africans got no clue how Mtn and dstv bleed us to continue running their economy effectively,bunch of ingrates!

I blame our govt and buhari most especially..

Meanwhile,they should do quick before buhari comes back o.

Which kain talk be this .. Buhari brought Mtn to Nigeria.. Bro focus

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by martinz1: 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Wow
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Zico5(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
South Africa deserved apartheid.I cannot believe Nigeria was instrumental in ending apartheid.May lightning destroy them all.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
NorthernParrot:
A MTN staff who was in the premises when it happened said the staff scurried for safety while the attack lasted for some minutes before the intervention of security operatives.
“I just heard people running then I started running to hide and by the time we came out after the security operatives chased them out, they have packed all the laptops we used to work, all the phones on display for sale, they broke some computers and took people’s personal phones and money,” the staff who pleaded anonymity said.
The source added that cash were also taken but the amount could not be ascertained at the moment.
“They got into the premises, the windscreen of a car was broken , all the doors from the reception to the personal service were destroyed,” the staff said adding that the vandals were chanting xenophobia songs even after they were chased outside the premises by security operatives.
When contacted the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Manzah Anjuguri said he has not been briefed on the incident.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/city-news/xenophobia-protesters-vandalise-mtn-abuja-head-office/186612.html#TDEHGvIxQdA3YcVW.99
Mynd44 lalasticlala
Nigerians hope you guys can cope with your GLO when MTN decides to leave Nigeria. Make una wise up o una know say, una no get anything.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
Common sense would tell these protesters that hundreds of Nigerians stand to lose their jobs in this recession if they continue reprisal attacks.

But common sense de follow Range Rover compete price for Nigeria now...smh
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by victorv12(m): 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
Xenophobia in Nigeria, nahhh! Those are street urchin trying to play a fast one!
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by GMBuhari: 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
jmoore:
Thieves just taking advantage, that's all.

Bros, borrow the brain of a goat abeg.

Nathan2016:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Really ? So you've been reporting / hiding my post , I knew you will get frustrated enough to reply

Well, the truth remains Na dem . Na una and when MTN releases the CCTv footage i will be vindicated
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by wristbangle: 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
At the end of the day, the attack will not directly affect any SA citizens. Even if they want reprisal attack, this attempt is not effective at all.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by GMBuhari: 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:

The thunder that will fire your tribal mark mouth for mentioning Igbo is the cooler.. did they use Igbo swear for you guys?

I think you are among them, MTN will release the CCTv footage and we will see what happens
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nebuchadnezar: 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
[s]
sarrki:

pained wailer spotted
[/s]
frustrated illiterate zombie spotted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
I think Nigerians should take the fight to individual south Africans instead.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Jaabioro(m): 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
Attacking South Africa company in Nigeria is not the best, you're indirectly hurt your citizens..
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Mickin123: 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
An eye for an eye
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by ayusman16(m): 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
South Africans attacking Nigerians in South Africa.
Nigerians attacking Nigerians in Nigeria to protest against South African's attacks on Nigeria.
Can we get more clueless than this?
By the way, when are we going to protest the sense attacks of herdsmen on Nigerians?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by lakesider(m): 4:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
Onechancearmy:
Even more stupidity from the Buhari regime that is always helpless whenever there is lawlessness. MTN Nigeria is incorporated under the laws of Nigeria. 95% of its workers are Nigerians.

Not that many South Africans actually work in the junior and middle management of the company in Nigeria.

If this stup.id administration is not careful, at the end of the day Nigeria will lose both ways:

1. The deaths of Nigerians in South Africa will go unpunished;

2. The South Africans will divest and pull out billions of dollars from our economy not to mention thousands of jobs lost.
What is this one saying
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Stunner16(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nixiepie:
I would have supported this reprisals buh giving a second thought this action will render many Nigerians jobless .

Is good if we trade with caution
*thread
You make a good point! But we can easily chase them away, we have many rich Nigerians who can buy up whatever is left of the companies and build it back up.
Jobs and revenue will be lost, yes
It will take time to rebuild, yes
If you ask me, a good price to pay for standing up and defending our own when the need arose! It could be anyone, anywhere.
This is not the first time this incidence has occurred, and I haven't seen any reasonable response to the attacks from the S.A government.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by ojlifa: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rubbish,NITEL was killed for MTN to rise,Nitel is now in private hands,kill MTN and Nitel would higher all there staff and between NITEL and GLO they would control Africa,without Nigeria MTN would die in Africa,Nigeria stands to loss nothing by getting ride of MTN .however the issue raised is still there,the igbo community has to talk to themselves there boys constitute 90% of all crimes in the name of Nigeria and something has to be done to stop this shame they are bringing to Nigeria .

Onechancearmy:
Even more stupidity from the Buhari regime that is always helpless whenever there is lawlessness. MTN Nigeria is incorporated under the laws of Nigeria. 95% of its workers are Nigerians.

Not that many South Africans actually work in the junior and middle management of the company in Nigeria.

If this stup.id administration is not careful, at the end of the day Nigeria will lose both ways:

1. The deaths of Nigerians in South Africa will go unpunished;

2. The South Africans will divest and pull out billions of dollars from our economy not to mention thousands of jobs lost.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Not good for our economy considering how deep we've sunk in recession..! God help Naija

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Tisham20(m): 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
some pple will still blame buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Isu Arochukwu Communal Clash: Two Killed, 10 Missing (Graphic Photos) / Man Caught Pastor And His Wife On His Matrimonial Bed, Pulled Out Gun / Man Kills & Buries His 70-Year-Old Father In A Shallow Grave In Anambra (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.