Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February (18467 Views)

Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow / Blood Moon! Total Lunar Eclipse To Appear Tomorrow And Will Be Longest Blood Moo / Solar Eclipse To Occur On Sunday – NASRDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Zulu212: 5:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
All me want to see now is ah Muhammadu Buari wether in coffin or mat and not some Goddam eclipse mahn
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by European560: 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
datola:
What is the effect or benefit of this solar eclipse self or is it just to view it?
I wanted to ask the same question

2 Likes

Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Olajidemutiu(m): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by wayisshut: 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
NO wonder when i type google search engine it was trying to pass a message
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by wayisshut: 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
I WAS WONDERING WHAT WAS THE MESSAGE GOOGLE WAS TRYING TO PASS ACROSS TO ME
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Kazrem(m): 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
This thing is happening too often these days. I have witnessed like 3 (or 2) in my almost 3 decades on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Iheazy(m): 7:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hmmmm... The earth self don dey tire for d change ooo
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by ebuka1993(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
ok
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
GOD please we do not want any other form of eclipse, abeg.

We get enough eclipse for nigeria. The presidency is already eclipsed.

The naira is in total eclipse.

The economy own na fire.

All changes promised have eclipsed

Security own nko

Power own sef na die

Employment eclipse kwanu: no go there ooo

Elections still dey carry inclusive eclipse dey waka.

Etc

GOD abeg make we find our leader first. Like say im done tire go sidon for one corner for rondon. We still dey find.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Idrismusty97(m): 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
chemystery:
Everytime partial eclipse, partial eclipse. If eclipse no wan fully visit Nigeria make e kuku remain where him dey
Everything in Nigeria is partial or adulterated.
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by afamaustin(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
let the world end instead of all dis eclipse
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
Jeffrey12:
Thix one weh eclipse dey happen everytime so ehh.. I smell endtime....
F-9 in Geography.Just like some relogion will say God is not happy with man, that's why
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
datola:
What is the effect or benefit of this solar eclipse self or is it just to view it?
You can beg it for money now!
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
wisefizz:
Edakun help me
Look for her again on Facebook.
Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by TheNathan(m): 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
chemystery:
Everytime partial eclipse, partial eclipse. If eclipse no wan fully visit Nigeria make e kuku remain where him dey
cheesy cheesy lmao

1 Like

Re: Solar Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On Sunday, 26th Of February by Tchibuking: 6:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
This is what I can tell you about eclipses. At least two eclipses occur approximately every 6 months (one lunar and one solar of which any of them could be total or partial) and they're like 14 days apart. It's either we have a solar eclipse days after a lunar or a lunar days after a solar. In this case, we had a penumbral lunar eclipse on the 10 of this month (you probably didn't see it cause u were fast asleep - happened around 2 am. I went out to see part of the moon turn slightly silvery in color). So 15 days later (today, actually right now, we're having a partial solar eclipse).
Now like someone said, "Nigeria don become world headquarters of eclipse". Well, actually Nigeria just got lucky in the last couple of years as far as eclipse is concerned (like I said earlier, this phenomenon occur every six months i.e. twice a year) and we've actually been missing out for some years now until recently, so maybe it's our time. Also since the world is made up of 70% water and 30% land, chances are that the seas and oceans witnesses this event than the land.
Who will/will not experience a solar eclipse is depends on current location of a place in relation to the positioning of the sun and moon and also if it's night in Nigeria during the eclipse then we'll definitely miss out.

Today's eclipse is an annular solar eclipse, but we'll only witness a partial eclipse unlike Congo. The eclipse has been on since 4:45pm, reached the possible maximum by 5:41pm and will end by 6:31pm. You can't see it because the part of the sun covered is small and because of the corona, but I used a little trick at my own risk though, I covered my eyes a bit to block out some rays and looked and I actually saw the sun appear like a crescent. Minutes later, I saw it through the windscreen of a car (crescent-shaped too).

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Your APPS Download, Games And Music Kindly Download The Google Play APP / How To Register & Play Baba Ijebu Lotto Using Your Mtn Line / Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.