Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! (15663 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nukualofa: 7:38am On Feb 24, 2017
Phunkyposh:

kikikikikikiki..................thanks for making me laugh hard
Why are people laughing at those days i experienced low in my life undecided
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by matrixme(m): 7:43am On Feb 24, 2017
Started work and had to quit by the end month, immediately I got the salary alert. My heart does gbim gbim gbim every morning whenever I wake up to go to work. I reasoned I'm too young to die abeg. Leave trash for LAWMA. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Phunkyposh(f): 7:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Nukualofa:
Why are people laughing at those days i experienced low in my life undecided

its hilarious
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by KevMitnick: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2017
NLchikeeto:
In this recession............ I doubt anybody will resign from their job willingly, no matter how frustrated..............
You've got no idea. Some jobs can kill a person both physically, mentally and emotionally. They'll just die if they don't get out on time.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by KillerBeauty(f): 8:17am On Feb 24, 2017
Ije004:
I left after a month at a startup one man business. I realized the job wasn't meant for me. The boss seemed not to have a realistic portfolio, plus I felt the startup venture wouldn't be profitable on the long run. I be HR, Facilities Manager, Accounts, P.A, Admin. My boss heaped insults on me calling me a dumb blonde, that I'm not up to his level, etc. I sent the buffoon a resignation letter via email.
Mine was just like yous a start up company with an unrealistic portfolio. I was to be a telemarketer with no employment letter and no assurance whatsover, so I resigned after 3 days.
I also resigned from a job at a fast food restaurant after 2days, although it wasn't a paid job.
P.S. when I say resign I mean I just left and didn't come back to work the next day

6 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Oluola89(m): 8:30am On Feb 24, 2017
After 4 months of working with Fortis micro finance bank I resigned the Job which pays me #54,000 on April 2015..I was a credit officer then..I do give loan to market women and recovering the loan from them is a serious gobe..The job is synonymous to 'agbero' kind of job, so many times we'll be compelled to use our salary to clear some irrevocable debt owned by customers..I saved money n with the help of God I established a layers poultry Farm business at the back yard of my parents house..Now I do see over #200,000 convinently after all expenses deducted and I am also an employer of labour..What we youths need is to think of what we can do..The Lord has promised to bless the works of our hands not the salary we are earning

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by ginkus(m): 8:34am On Feb 24, 2017
I resigned from a job after two weeks in 2015. The job i was given was totally from what I applied for. Imagine being sad at work the whole day couple with the fact that I resume by 8am and close by 6pm officially but I end up closing 9pm. Imagine leaving home before 6am and getting home by 10:30pm everyday considering the massive traffic on the island(Lagos). When I told my bros that I was resigning, he said I must be mad but thank God I got another job two months after

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:44am On Feb 24, 2017
HIT LIKE IF YOUR BOSS IS A PERFECTIONIST.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by chccho(m): 8:48am On Feb 24, 2017
I have done this before, in fact twice!!!
I resigned from a job just after one month of taking the job.I switched jobs thinking it was for better not knowing it was frypan to fire

I just couldn't bear working with this female CEO.

It was hell!!!

The woman was so erratic and highly demanding,sometimes we don't close until 8.30 or 9pm.
As soon as she pay me salary I no even bother drop letter I just enter KFC grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by ArcFresky(m): 8:52am On Feb 24, 2017
Standardcosting:
Yes I am thinking of resigning mine. I work in an private higher institution where I take 8 courses, I don't even have time for myself. I have barely spent three months

I get offers from private institutions...this is Exactly why I didnt take them...especially when they provide the accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Vera2cc: 9:00am On Feb 24, 2017
Oluola89, how many birds do you have in your poultry to realise that amount in a month? I am about starting a poultry and would like to know the amount to start with. Thanks and Godbless

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by airlord2020: 9:02am On Feb 24, 2017
yes,
The company didn't fully keep to the terms of the contract. and I left.
No big deal.
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Sunnyonyex: 9:13am On Feb 24, 2017
Am a holder of the Advanced national business certificate(ond Equivalent) in financial management with grounded 4years working experience in Transport management as a transport logistic officer/manager,and 3years working experience in a hotel/restaurant management as a hotel supervisor/manager.please i need a job help.i can work in any department/location.i reside in fct abuja.please can someone help me out? Reach me on 0 8 1 8 1 1 1 8 9 1 9

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by babaireti(m): 9:23am On Feb 24, 2017
Yes ! just 14 Days at Above & Beyond clothiers, due to work pressure and insolence from the MD
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by muyibaba222(m): 10:09am On Feb 24, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Lol mine was 2weeks at Airtel...Just couldn't take orders with a straight face.

Lol.... seems I am wearing that shoes presently..... about to off it thou. they just carry big name bro
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by COdeGenesis: 10:15am On Feb 24, 2017
SlimHan:
You have a point but i am tired of waiting like for ever.

Happiness is the key... if you get what i mean
No problem, but make sure you have enough money to run the business and sustain yourself for at least a year before quitting your job.
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Ishilove: 11:05am On Feb 24, 2017
Nukualofa:
I was fired the first day i started work I was staying in Bucknor close to Jakande Estate then.

The job was a Reservation and Ticketing job. Should i call him my boss buut all the same he needed a lady for the job but when i called him he thought i was a lady because I've got this voicee that you will always think its a female. When i got to his office after speaking with him on phone he was so eager to meet me until when i showed face with those Job seekers tie of the early 2000s His countenance changed and he didn't believed i was the one that spoke with him.

He reluctantly did interview for me and asked me to resume by 7:30am the next day.

When i got home i rejoiced with my cousin i was squatting with and we went to drink Beer as celebration for a new job. We drank and came back by 10pm then we started gisting and playing PES till 1am. I slept in the couch then set my fone to talk with bae by 3am so that we can do midnight call then i ll start preparing by 5am. Got up wen alarm went off by 3am then started gisting bae till 4:30. Was a little bit weak then now said lemme sleep small

For sleeping small i woke up by 7:45am. I rushed into the bathroom came out dress up, prayed for world clock to stand still for me but God was attending to early risers then
If you know Bucknor in 2006/08 you will know that getting bike is a challenge so i trekked out from my close to Bucknor road. Got a bike to Jakande gate and it was 8:15 then. Took another bike to Isolo cos my new office was at airport road. Got to the place by Close to 9:15.

When i got in i met the MD, i composed myself and told him that Armed robbers robbed us in my compound yesterday that they SHot my neighbour so we ve been in the station since around 5am that I've been trying to reach him.

The man just loiked at me and said GET OUT FROM MY OFFICE, i tried begging the next thing he called security. I just jejely go outside take the next bus going to Toyota. Came down cross over and enter Ladipo to continue hustle with my cousin since Devil did Overtime with my destiny that day

Cc ishilove nursennenny pwettychika wiseandtrue don't laugh at me cry
I didn't laugh because na you do yourself. You got a new job and instead of you to prepare, you went drinking, played PS, chatted with bae till the early hours of the morning. Smh.

I hope you are wiser now.

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nukualofa: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2017
Ishilove:

I didn't laugh because na you do yourself. You got a new job and instead of you to prepare, you went drinking, played PS, chatted with bae till the early hours of the morning. Smh.

I hope you are wiser now.
it happened in 08 after grad from school. It's one of those experience of yonder that you look back abd you find out that you acted silly

2 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Ishilove: 11:59am On Feb 24, 2017
basty:
I once resigned from a popular Bank in Tinubu street a month after resumption.
The pay was good but the working environment was bad. That month was a Hell for me and the darkest part of my life. There was no structure in the place. It was like a one man business. My colleagues then were so hostile as my job functions clashed with a section of the organisation and I was made the head of the new section this made the former useless.
The acrimony was visible, It was so bad that I will greet some guys in the morning and they will not answer me.
Na you dey greet. If anyone strong face, strong yours back

3 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Taiw(m): 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
I resigned from a job after three weeks. it was a startup and a programming job. The environment was nice but not challenging enough. They use CMS for their solutions. I feared i was going to get rusted the more i stayed as i was not coding anymore. Got another programming job that same month same pay and more work to do. I tendered my resignation letter. My boss refused it and was ready to double my pay. He had no option as i was the only developer. I feared he might use my actions against me in the future so i rejected it. I submitted everything and left. End of the month, I got my salary of the three weeks i worked for. I was told to refund the money. They kept threatening me but i refused. I told them until I hear from the HR(in the main coy) and get an email from the main company (the startup was the subsidiary company) before i can return it since it was my sweat.They left me afterwards. I did not like the experience. It brought me so much trauma. I felt i had betrayed my boss but it was my career we were talking of. I never regretted my action though as i am a better programmer now but i burnt the bridge.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Menzy86(m): 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
dlex21:

Bros... No tell me say na Ison work oo... I wan die aswear... Managed to do it for a year before I resigned December last year... Best decision ever!
My guy u reach one year? U try wella. From the first day I started training in sept and we were kept from 7am to 5pm during 'soft skills' training wit ONLY visleri water, I jnew I wasn't gonna last. Ison has to be the most wicked foreign org in Nigeria and if there is anything worse than that company, then it has to be hell! Sitting at home is even better as far as I am concerned. At least sanity is guaranteed.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Menzy86(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
dlex21:

Bros... No tell me say na Ison work oo... I wan die aswear... Managed to do it for a year before I resigned December last year... Best decision ever!
My guy u reach one year? U try wella. From the first day I started training in sept and we were kept from 7am to 5pm during 'soft skills' training wit ONLY visleri water, I knew I wasn't gonna last. Ison has to be the most wicked foreign org in Nigeria and if there is anything worse than that company, then it has to be hell! Sitting at home is even better as far as I am concerned. At least sanity is guaranteed.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
So I had interviewed with a couple of firms just after I completed NYSC. One of them called me and asked me to start on January 5, 2015, salary was 50k. I resumed. As I closed work on that day I got a call from one of the firms to check whether I could come in for an interview the next day, now these guys were close to my house and would cost me just #100 in t-fare, so early in the morning on my second day on the job I sent my boss a text that I'd be coming in late. I went for the interview and one Wednesday they called me back to come and discuss terms on Friday. I skipped work again on Friday discussed terms (they offered 65k). I got to the office around noon that day, I met a query and I just went to my desk typed and printed my resignation, signed and submitted it. End of story. grin

I've never looked back one day and the 65k job lasted for only 1 week. I got another 130k offer. I jumped without thinking. grin

I look back and I thank God. smiley

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by SlimHan(f): 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
COdeGenesis:

No problem, but make sure you have enough money to run the business and sustain yourself for at least a year before quitting your job.
I get and made planned for that already. Purchased some equipment today. No time to waste time.
Thanks.
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Bhol28: 3:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=Nigerdeltaboi post=54000134]yes a marketing job after moving around for one month dem no pay me na so I waka oooo based on panasharp[/quote Had same experience,Insurance marketing job,Life Insurance for that matter.Infact i didnt go back to the office to tender resignation letter.
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Bhol28: 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
XaintJoel20:

This is hilarious...

I don laugh sotey I fall down from water leaf tree...

God Dey Sha...
Na serious laugh i dey laugh here too o,this guy go get am well as a commedian

1 Like

Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Ncsamuel(m): 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
Donniefred:
I don work for bank as a cleaner for 3days, I run grin
why you run, is the work dat hard?
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by dlex21(m): 7:27am On Feb 25, 2017
Menzy86:
My guy u reach one year? U try wella. From the first day I started training in sept and we were kept from 7am to 5pm during 'soft skills' training wit ONLY visleri water, I knew I wasn't gonna last. Ison has to be the most wicked foreign org in Nigeria and if there is anything worse than that company, then it has to be hell! Sitting at home is even better as far as I am concerned. At least sanity is guaranteed.
Hehehehe... I reach one year oo... It's an Indian company hence the lack of regard of its staff..
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by johnime: 9:14am On Feb 25, 2017
Sunnyonyex:
Am a holder of the Advanced national business certificate(ond Equivalent) in financial management with grounded 4years working experience in Transport management as a transport logistic officer/manager,and 3years working experience in a hotel/restaurant management as a hotel supervisor/manager.please i need a job help.i can work in any department/location.i reside in fct abuja.please can someone help me out? Reach me on 0 8 1 8 1 1 1 8 9 1 9
www.mitacy.com
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by johnime: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2017
Got a jib in Feb 15th, 2017 resigned 20th if the same month, they have been owing salary since December last year. The other one I got the dumb ass manager was jealous because I early d more than him the and wrote one dumb letter after I had out in four days of serious work for them. Left without being paid a dime. They regret ever letting me go
Re: Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! by Deedee27(m): 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
stubbornman:
Nna one marketing work wey dey sell electronic gadget nearly kill me with target and still would not pay me and will insult me too....I was beginning to look like a mad man......one month later I got angry went to the useless company told them someone, a big customer needed some electronic gadgets they stupidly gave me, hailing me "Strong boy ,Strong boy" My niggers went to stop cab nah so we load the gadgets and that was how we settled ourselves!!! them call tire.....threaten tire....swear tire!!!

Heard an employee sued them over unpaid salaries for months

The bolded really finished me with laugh.. You are indeed a stubbornman.. Thanks for making me laugh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers / Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.