Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming (1063 Views)

The Eight Levels Of Programming Language - Soltesh Iyere & Jeff Atwood / Someone With Excellent Yoruba Grammer Needed / Making Money Designing Quality Websites Without Any Knowledge Of Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by cdeveloper(m): 12:22am On Dec 11, 2009
I have realized that my English both spoken and written is getting rusty because i have been stuffing my brain with meaningless syntax and semantics in the name of programming and each time i pick up a dictionary to update my grammer i end up looking at the structure of the words in the dictionary and how the words itself are grouped in to category A-Z and how each category is grouped in to pages and on and on it goes with out learning a single new word. Does my fellow developer find themselves in this situation.
I n the good old days i wrote diaries ,poems every day about event around me and now when ever i pick up my diaries to read i get stunned by the fact that i have forgotten some of the words i used in my diary.
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by segsalerty(m): 12:37am On Dec 11, 2009
sorry for you bros grin It happens
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by DualCore1: 12:42am On Dec 11, 2009
Segsalerty, been a while. Prison sucks, don't it tongue

@Topic
My Engrish is fine smiley
What's not fine is cross language coding. not fun for me undecided
E.g
name:value and name = "value"

That kinda thing drives me angry
And it will always happen tongue
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by segsalerty(m): 1:04am On Dec 11, 2009
ah ha ha @Mr Dual Core grin my dearest friend , i don miss you na
i've being tackling some stuffs, thats why u havent being hearing me on nairaland webmaster post, i dey sometimes make some sound in the programming threads
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by Parohfrey(f): 1:26am On Dec 11, 2009
very funny,

if thats true, Bill Gates will by now be speaking jargons.
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by tanimz(f): 3:36am On Dec 11, 2009
Hehe, pele,
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by yawatide(f): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2009
For me, it's been my writing. I now have to write out one letter at a time as if I start writing in cursive, you might mistake me for a 2-year-old tongue
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by whoelse(m): 11:22am On Dec 11, 2009
U guyz are def. kidding, rite
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by cdeveloper(m): 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2009
This is no joke man, it is kind of like a brain block you are trying to write good grammar and then you keep wondering if your are writing the correct English or not. I have not had Bill's Gates speech maybe i would have to start hunting for it to see if this kind of stuff happens to him or not. I have had about code writer who write incoherent comments in there code that even the comments themselves needs debugging. I think i saw that post on Slashdot.
I am thinking of taking a leave from active coding and away from computer and internet as a whole perhaps that will help me a little cos the more i stay around this gadget called computer the more i am overloading this brain of mine and the last thing i want to do is to start forgetting names of people and that will be a deadly blow.
Truth is i can no longer do without this gadget cos the last time i tried it was during my service year i spent a whole year in Ogoja town ,Cross River state without active access to computer. what was the impact on me, it was like the end of time. I could not stand it so i did the most stupid thing i have ever done.
Went into the only cafe in the town,loaded the wikipedia page ,viewed the source code , got the link to the JS file, loaded it on the browser,( about 37 pages on wordpad) and printed the thing. I got home and started pouring through those codes and i was happy ever after. My room then was littered with printout as though i worked in a printing press, even though i felt like i was running mad then i think i still appreciated what i did then.
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by DualCore1: 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2009
cdeveloper:

I am thinking of taking a leave from active coding and away from computer and internet as a whole
Can we do this together? First to break the rule and get online pays the other a Fine grin

Internet addiction bad o. My gen has been on since 3 am.

Deal?
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by internetpo(m): 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
oh! boy this is serious-oh! shocked

I may decide never to study programming-oh!

shocked
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by DualCore1: 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2009
This one na small, it will get worse tongue

I say this cuz i'm still a rookie (by some standards i'm working with) in my Programming life, by the time i get to PRO; hehe i can only imagine what i'll look like. grin

Internetpo IMHO a programmer doesn't have a social life. The closest you get to being social is talking with a client.
The learning process is much fun cuz I learn everyday. wink
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 12, 2009
Dual Core:

Can we do this together? First to break the rule and get online pays the other a FineĀ  grin

Internet addiction bad o
. My gen has been on since 3 am.

Deal?

ever since i got my starcomms modem, i have found myself runningg my gen overnight . my fuel costs are UP there undecided
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by DualCore1: 7:03am On Dec 12, 2009
K, That makes use 3. There are more pipz who havnt confessed.
We need help o tongue
Re: My Grammer Is Getting Rusty Because Of Programming by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2009
it happened to me sometimes ago especially with my nairaland posts.

I had to go back weeks later to edit some of my mistakes.

@poster, there is only one solution.
go out, try swimming, clubbing, watching movies or if you have much time, go on holiday.
you will be okay by the time you are back.

(1) (Reply)

Help Out Pls / How Do I Add A customize Jpeg Colour Background in DW? / Just Completed This Website - Please Help Review It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.