Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit (28799 Views)

Osinbajo Inspects The Statues Constructed By Okorocha In Imo (Photos) / Osinbajo Inspects Rigasa Train Station In Kaduna With El-rufai & Amaechi(pics) / Osinbajo Inspects Projects With Wike In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by TippyTop(m): 9:00am On Feb 24, 2017
He has nothing better to do or what?
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Guk: 9:01am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
If the president or his vice has the time to inspect airports, then we'll continue to chase our collective tails like a foolish cat would do. What are the ministers of aviation doing? What are the airport managers doing? I am sorry, but this is an unnecessary waste of president's precious time. There are better things Osinbajo could have been doing to get Naija running better. He should have been busy brainstorming with the country's economic team about how to stop the already battered economy from further steep slide into depression. But he left Aso Villa to come to MMIA to inspect the conveyor belt? While at it, did he also check to be sure the toilets can flush and are stocked with tissue papers? I guess he also had time to inspect the floors to be certain that they are washed & buffed clean. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

He did not leave Aso Rock to come and inspect MMIA. He had an engagement in lagos and he took that opportunity to inspect since he hasn't passed through it in 2 years as he uses Presidential Wing. It's also a 1st hand inspection of a portion of a project that he is directly handling, which is about easing the way business is done in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Godfidence: 9:02am On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:

That is why previous administrations failed

No supervision

If you have your own business don't supervise
your statement means that the minister of aviation and other people in charge of this can't work unless they are strictly supervised? I'm sorry to say but that's Nigerian mentality, u should be able to work tirelessly whether ur boss is watching or not...how many parastatal will he supervise efficiently? Then where does division of labour sets in? Our administration is full of FIGURE HEADS!
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by skedman(m): 9:02am On Feb 24, 2017
eleojo23:

How many things can the president personally inspect?

If the president has to always go about inspecting every little thing then there is a problem somewhere.

Of what use are the ministers and those responsible for taking care of those things?
hello,he has said it all,if you have your own business dont supervise it at all leave it for your managers and expect it to grow .this is why the past government failed he trusted thieves .
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by 989900: 9:03am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
[s]If the president or his vice has the time to inspect airports, then we'll continue to chase our collective tails like a foolish cat would do. What are the ministers of aviation doing? What are the airport managers doing? I am sorry, but this is an unnecessary waste of president's precious time. There are better things Osinbajo could have been doing to get Naija running better. He should have been busy brainstorming with the country's economic team about how to stop the already battered economy from further steep slide into depression. But he left Aso Villa to come to MMIA to inspect the conveyor belt? While at it, did he also check to be sure the toilets can flush and are stocked with tissue papers? I guess he also had time to inspect the floors to be certain that they are washed & buffed clean. [/s] grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by anonimi: 9:04am On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:

No supervision

The previous administration left since 29 May 2015 i.e. almost two years ago.
Are they still to blame for the MAINTENANCE of toilets in MMIA
When will you guys stop this blame game and start being reasonable?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3403303_bruce_pngac5e04247d6bc83591bbe237085cb4b8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3633741_9jaintrouble_jpeg7d204565e27912ea7b3d41c7e31cf768

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3386584_img20160209151617_jpeged2361e0101fcbb510a35c3f0f40701e

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by ayindejimmy(m): 9:04am On Feb 24, 2017
eleojo23:

How many things can the president personally inspect?

If the president has to always go about inspecting every little thing then there is a problem somewhere.

Of what use are the ministers and those responsible for taking care of those things?

If you want something done perfectly, you do it yourself.
The Vee pee should supervise all govt establishments to the best of his conscience and ability.
Adequate supervision and accountability is what makes private business compete above govt business.
The Presidency may have good plans for Nigerians but, we all know, Nigerians need to be compelled to follow due procedures.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by shevchenko(m): 9:05am On Feb 24, 2017
All the people commenting here have definitely not left the country .

The Murtala Mohammed Airport toilets are VERY disgusting .I was ashamed when I tried to use it .I had to wait to get on the plane

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by anonimi: 9:08am On Feb 24, 2017
Godfidence:
your statement means that the minister of aviation and other people in charge of this can't work unless they are strictly supervised?
I'm sorry to say but that's Nigerian mentality, u should be able to work tirelessly whether ur boss is watching or not...how many parastatal will he supervise efficiently? Then where does division of labour sets in? Our administration is full of FIGURE HEADS!

Their minister of aviation is busy doing paparazzi photos of queuing at the airport while hurriedly recovering the $$$$$$$ he stole from Rivers people to sponsor the campaign of the "saint" fighting corruption in Aso Rock. shocked angry

dainformant:
Guess this is the trend now. leadership by example. Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, was seen observing security check at Murtala Muhammad international Airport Lagos. The former governor of Rivers state -underwent serious scrutiny before boarding the plane.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3329611_bayo_jpeg34063d8b169107b2982364700da75456

scribble:

Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari

The blogosphere was inundated with reports of the excessive sharing of dollars at the All Progressives Congress which took place during the latter part of last week.

One APC supporter and Special Adviser to Osun Governor on Environment, BolaIlori had blown the scandal open after he saw the beginning stages of the dollarization in action.

He took to his Facebook page and scribbled, “Crazy things are happening here!!! Some of these cannot represent the change Nigeria is yearning for. Excessive dollarization by one of the aspirants to is to say the least obscene. I have been involved in political process for decades now, I have never witnessed this volume of raw dollarization of party primaries. I only read about this kind of things in PDP primaries. A question been asked by conscientious delegates is that whoever can be giving out between $2000 to $5000 to…delegates certainly does not represent the kind of change Nigerians want…those who contributed to the pauperization of Nigeria now revel in dollarization… majority of Ondo delegates are still standing with Buhari but have been reduced from 85% to 70% within 24 hours…the remaining has gone with dollars ooo.!!!!!”

One has to wonder how Buhari was able to win the primaries in this era of stomach infrastructure where dollars are like the Biblical manna that God sent down from heaven to nourish the Israelites as they made their way to the promised land.

Sources close to the APC with knowledge of the way the Primaries unfolded have revealed that it was Rivers State Governor, Amaechi who flew back to Rivers State and returned to Lagos on Thursday morning with enough dollars to make Benjamin Franklin blush.

It has been revealed that Atiku offered the delegates $5000 each, but Amaechi doubled it to $10000 a pop. Thus turning the tables in favour of General Buhari.

Since his adventure into the APC, Amaechi has gone out of his way to prove himself a party loyalist, always the first to shoki or azonto at the many events the APC holds, which he himself is usually the chief sponsor.

According to party insiders, Amaechi has overtaken Tinubu as the major financier of the party. One does not need to wonder why he is always at President Jonathan’s throat over misappropriated oil wells or other such business. Anything that diminishes from the State’s coffers will have a ripple effect on his funding budget for the APC.

Joe Francis wrote in from Port Harcourt.

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3483217_amaechidollarisation_jpegb5e0800e024c28f6be3bb816a31e3e74

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by fletcherA: 9:09am On Feb 24, 2017
jon1:
There's an aviation minister and minister of state for aviation. If Osinbajo was asking questions about the safety of the tarmac,landing equipments,airport security it would be better. Toilets! That's the job of the damn FAAN and the aviation ministry.

if you are a frequent traveller you would appreciate the inspection of our toilets. Investors cant even have a comfortable shit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by serenegroup(m): 9:10am On Feb 24, 2017
The main problem of presidents and governors is that they approve funds for projects that they don't care to know how far the project have gone and what is on ground. I salute the effort of the VP. Random checking is what will make staffs be up and doing and not laid back in their duties
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by activistnofear(m): 9:14am On Feb 24, 2017
Though this kind of thing should be carried out once in a while by the higher authority. And the personnel appointed to be in charge should questioned in case of any anomalies.
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Okuda(m): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
If the president or his vice has the time to inspect airports, then we'll continue to chase our collective tails like a foolish cat would do. What are the ministers of aviation doing? What are the airport managers doing? I am sorry, but this is an unnecessary waste of president's precious time. There are better things Osinbajo could have been doing to get Naija running better. He should have been busy brainstorming with the country's economic team about how to stop the already battered economy from further steep slide into depression. But he left Aso Villa to come to MMIA to inspect the conveyor belt? While at it, did he also check to be sure the toilets can flush and are stocked with tissue papers? I guess he also had time to inspect the floors to be certain that they are washed & buffed clean. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

have u forgotten we have alot of useless ministers in nigeria
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:

Airports are the first point of contact to foreigners, and like they say "First impressions last long"

I share your opinion on we having bigger problems as a country. It's only the truth, but if what they say about getting things done is true, then I think Osinbajo's visit to the Lagos airport is a step in the right direction.

I have visited a couple of Airports in Nigeria and I wonder how we got here as a country as some primary schools in Ogun State have a better facility. So it's okay if the No 1 man in the country went to see things for himself.

Our problems as a Nations are much, I totally agree. I just unequivocally believe that if we're going to take horrible airports out of this long list, I'd be more than fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by josite: 9:19am On Feb 24, 2017
acting president inspecting toilet signals the beginning of good governance in nigeria.little things are actually the one that matters most.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:

If Obama inspects airport toilet, we will say he is a damn thorough president... Bro.. Do you know that you can be alive without always having an opinion about some issues and you won't die if you have your opinion but chose to keep mute...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Godfidence: 9:23am On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:

It's called random sampling

That's what it's called

It makes everyone to fasten their seat belt
Only a toddler needs supervision before he does the right thing! Your statement simply means they aren't capable, don't forget that this people are here to serve us! We don't need figure heads! We want capable hands! #OurMumuDonDo
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:24am On Feb 24, 2017
he woulda gone to inspect tertiary institution toilet nah
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by NotComplaining: 9:27am On Feb 24, 2017
What about the AC's? He should check them too
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by sarrki(m): 9:29am On Feb 24, 2017
anonimi:

The previous administration left since 29 May 2015 i.e. almost two years ago.
Are they still to blame for the MAINTENANCE of toilets in MMIA
When will you guys stop this blame game and start being reasonable?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3403303_bruce_pngac5e04247d6bc83591bbe237085cb4b8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3633741_9jaintrouble_jpeg7d204565e27912ea7b3d41c7e31cf768

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3386584_img20160209151617_jpeged2361e0101fcbb510a35c3f0f40701e

Administrations not administration

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Godfidence: 9:32am On Feb 24, 2017
jon1:
There's an aviation minister and minister of state for aviation. If Osinbajo was asking questions about the safety of the tarmac,landing equipments,airport security it would be better. Toilets! That's the job of the damn FAAN and the aviation ministry.
God bless u! How does a clean toilet save lives of travellers? We all always get our priorities wrong in this country! I'm not understanding.
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by igwedaboss(m): 9:33am On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:

No supervision

Lol.. Spot on..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 24, 2017
gulfer:
Wailers are pathetic, this is one of the fist facilities a foreigner sees coming into this country, why are you guys always sarcastic...PYO, carry on cool cool cool
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 24, 2017
gulfer:
Wailers are pathetic, this is one of the fist facilities a foreigner sees coming into this country, why are you guys always sarcastic...PYO, carry on cool cool cool
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Withambition(m): 9:38am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
I don't know why we are like this; what will ever satisfy us? NOTHING! So you didn't read the news about British Airline suspending their flight because of poor facilities such as potholes on the runway? You've not heard the threat by other airlines suspend services due to that as well? And you think that won't contribute to paralysing the economy of th country? What impression will other countries have of us? Investors coming to Nigeria won't be able to access Lagos straight because of poor facilities and you think they will be eager to invest in Nigeria? I doubt it. Let us think deep and critically before condemning abeg!
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by anonimi: 9:39am On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:
Administrations not administration

And your point is that previous administrationS should be blamed for the non-MAINTENANCE of airport toilets two years after sai bubu was sworn in
What happened to sai bubu's body language odour that fixes all problems? grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2972909_img4789020219944_jpeg_jpeg80e9d9ef93195f63dc79c86b7bcfdc2d

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by playboy19(m): 9:43am On Feb 24, 2017
Godfidence:
God bless u! How does a clean toilet save lives of travellers? We all always get our priorities wrong in this country! I'm not understanding.

SMH... I keep saying this everywhere I have the opportunity embarassed to, Nigeria has no future. The worst is yet to come. We are currently enjoying the best of time as it is, because with this crop of uneducated graduates we have in this country, the future is dead.

Just look at all these comments. How is it difficult to understand that, the "Toilet" inspection is just a figure of speech, meaning that the Ag President conducted a thorough inspection of the whole facility, even to the toilets? Even a fifth grader should easily understand this. How could anyone in their right senses, even if present, believe that the President or the Vice came all the way from Abuja to inspect toilets? But, I guess it's just too difficult for our "Graduates"/ future-leaders to understand.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by ephi123(f): 9:45am On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:

No supervision

For once I agree with Sarrki today.

Just very recently, those toilets had doors that would not close. No paper towels to dry the hands, broken things everywhere.

Good one Osinbajo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by sarrki(m): 9:46am On Feb 24, 2017
ephi123:

For once I agree with Sarrki today.

Just very recently, those toilets had doors that would not close. No paper towels to dry the hands, broken things everywhere.

Good one Osibanjo.

Thanks sis
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by ephi123(f): 9:47am On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:

Thanks sis

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by eposho: 9:47am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
You got it right on the nose. What a waste of time.
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by fyneguy: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:

I hope you are an Nonagenarian, as that'd be my only consolation after reading the no-brainer piece.

I also pray that Nigerian youths will not reason like you.

If the Acting President identified strategic institutions which are incidental to his ''ease of doing business'' project with a 60-day timeline, it stands to reason that he should inspect such institutions to have on-the-spot assessments, so as to expedite action in order to meet the timeline set.

Once again, it's my hope that the poster belongs to the age bracket that will soon fizzle out of our nation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai: I No Longer Believe In The Circle Around Buhari / Anti- Jega Plot Crashes As Presidency Hits Dead End. / Sen Andy Uba Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.