Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,913 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia (8347 Views)

Poll: Is This A Good Initiative?

Yes: 38% (26 votes)
No: 61% (42 votes)
This poll has ended

11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate / Buhari Phobia: N2.5b Adada Dam Contractor Rushes Back To Site / Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Krust(m): 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2009
Abians are skilled and ingenious, but due largely to the ineptitude of our leaders who are unable to help us harness these abilities, we are left lending these skills to the promotion of nefarious activities and criminality. what can we not do or produce (reproduce) in Abia State? it is true that our Ngwa brothers contribute more to the high rate of crime in Abia State, it is truer still that the expertise brought to bear in the execution of these criminal activities by our Ngwa brothers could have been best be used to the betterment of the state and its inhabitants if only we have a Government that cares. Yarodin and Mekusxxx should not skin each other over this issue. Everyone  has big teeth, but it is only he whose teeth poke out that is often taunted for having big teeth.  On the proposed Gun manufacturing factory, it is a laudable concept. It will contribute immensely to the control of crime in the state by mopping up these bad elements that are engaged in this illegal gun manufacturing business, only if they wont be sidelined in the employment of the workforce of the proposed factory.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Horus(m): 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2009
Here the FG is fighting the symptoms of crime but not the root of crime. Unfortunately people believe that more guns mean less crime, but this gun factory will develop a black market of gun selling in Nigeria. Now criminals don't even have to bother to import guns, everything is available right here "Made in Nigeria". More guns for who?
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by okuya: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2009
~Bluetooth:

First on igbo agenda is to loot the factory,rob some banks and declare biafra state
dumbest idea by fg in history.
What an empty skull u must be, maybe some1 shuld bluetooth u some brains! points of correction, the Igbo man does not need to loot the factory to get his supply of ammunition, who do u think are the contractors supplying the Niger delta militants their arms? It's the Ibo business guys!, and secondly 60% of the guns used by the militants are from Abia town called ABALA which is the undisputed gun capital of Africa, all guns manufactured by the locals here includes different types of automatic assault rifles, pistols, machines guns, sub-machine guns etc all when stood side by side with the ones from the foreign amoury u really cant tell the difference by the looks and workings.
And lastly the Igbo's agitating for Biafra today, doe not believe they needs arms to achieve their desired dream, as he has come to realise that there are many non violent ways he can achieve this, and which are more powerful than arms and violence.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2009
This bunch of fools r at it again.i wonder why we shld hv such dumba.ss leaders.i feel sumtin very ill abt dis project & i hope it's nt all gearin towards 2011 general election!
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Ogetogeo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2009
Watch out 4 civil war2. Aboki go suffer, i swear! Lmfao
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by olalekan1(m): 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2009
FG wants to turn trash to cash. Dont mind them
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2009
@okuya
so you are proud to tell the world that Abala in igboland is the gun capital of Africa.Now tell me what u guys are doing to actualize biafra without arms?
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by koolchicco: 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2009
Misplaced Priority. angry
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2009
Thats too harsh koolchicco
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by justfash50: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2009
To me i think this is long over due, I serve in a village in Obingwa Local Government in Abia State called Abala Ibeme in 2002.

To be frank I had horrible experience, on three occassion Nigeria Army from Abuja have raided the place because they produce GUNS.Ican categorically tell u guys that a PRIMARY SCHOOL BOY KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GUN IN THE VILLAGE, its like is in their blood.

I learnt during the Biafra war thats where ojukwu stayed.They even make bombs there(am really serious).Police dont dare step into the village to arrest anybody,its like a suicide mission for police men.Really its a haven for criminals.I have a fellow youth corp who is a cult guy then he use to buy guns to sell beck to his school he finished from.

What i like about the people there is that they respect corp member a lot.its really an experience for me.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by desthan(m): 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2009
The die is cast undecided
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by back2back(f): 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2009
This is good but the GUNS should be sold abroad.

It must NEVER be sold or use in Nigeria!

It is time we have a clear strategic foreign policy.

We can for instance put Libya people against Gadafi by demanding for democracy then we sell the GUNS to both parties to kill themselves while ABAIA make money and can develop their state.

Or better we supply it to North Ireland guys or the Spanish Basique fighters.

Or we supply it to the Georgia, Ukraine to fight Russia.

Or we supply to Mexico drug lords.

It is time we pay them back!
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by justfash50: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2009
What an empty skull u must be, maybe some1 shuld bluetooth u some brains! points of correction, the Igbo man does not need to loot the factory to get his supply of ammunition, who do u think are the contractors supplying the Niger delta militants their arms? It's the Ibo business guys!, and secondly 60% of the guns used by the militants are from Abia town called ABALA which is the undisputed gun capital of Africa, all guns manufactured by the locals here includes different types of automatic assault rifles, pistols, machines guns, sub-machine guns etc all when stood side by side with the ones from the foreign amoury u really cant tell the difference by the looks and workings.
And lastly the Igbo's agitating for Biafra today, doe not believe they needs arms to achieve their desired dream, as he has come to realise that there are many non violent ways he can achieve this, and which are more powerful than arms and violence.

@okuya

Really u av said it all, Abala Ibeme has no other trade than GUNS and AMMUNITIONS.there is a place they called evil forest where they make these ammunitions.Villages that had land dispute will tell u there experience,there houses there land,its like a film where bombs are use.

I pray the fed Gov go ahead cos to me they dont have any other source of livelihood.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by jona2: 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2009
~Bluetooth:

First on igbo agenda is to loot the factory,rob some banks and declare biafra state
dumbest idea by fg in history.

lol.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by nazzyon(m): 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2009
A step towards legalizing weapon in Nigeria.

U go soon dey free to get ya own gun under your pillow.

And when you kill anyone, you can always claim self defense.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nchara: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2009
It will legally generate employment for the boys, as well as bring the gun making business in the area into the formal sector and possibly bring foreign exchange to the country. Now all the guns made in Abala will pass out to other places (and even outside the country) via formal means.

Those saying workers in the proposed factory will steal guns and give to criminals are insincere because the guns are already being given out to criminals anyways, even without a factory. Indeed, as noted by a contributor, almost everyone there is a gun factory unto themselves. I hope the feds will see this through.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by bawomolo(m): 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2009
We can for instance put Libya people against Gadafi by demanding for democracy then we sell the GUNS to both parties to kill themselves while ABAIA make money and can develop their state.

Or better we supply it to North Ireland guys or the Spanish Basique fighters.

Or we supply it to the Georgia, Ukraine to fight Russia.

Or we supply to Mexico drug lords.

It is time we pay them back!

you are right, countries like Ukraine, Mexico, libya and Northern Ireland were definitely responsible for colonialism and corruption in Nigeria.

how dumb can you guys get.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by back2back(f): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2009
you are right, countries like Ukraine, Mexico, libya and Northern Ireland were definitely responsible for colonialism and corruption in Nigeria.

how dumb can you guys get.

what does selling GUNS to others to kill themselves and we make tidy profit got to do with colonialism or corruption??
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2009
I am not just too comfortable with the location and which "boys" are we talking about here.I hope they are not those kidnappers and armed robbers terrorizing the whole south east.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by software(m): 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2009
they are busy making guns when people are hungry. Nigeria i dont think has got to that level. bad idea i must say
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nchara: 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2009
~Bluetooth:

I am not just too comfortable with the location and which "boys" are we talking about here.I hope they are not those kidnappers and armed robbers terrorizing the whole south east.

The kidnappers and armed robbers terrorizing south west do so unarmed, no so? Infact they kidnap and rob with bibles abi?
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by hackney(m): 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2009
People are confusing gun factory with police presence.
How can a gun factory make an area safe(r)?

On the other hand , if other regions do have just outfits then the east should too.
(just looking at the bigger picture here)
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nchara: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2009
hackney:

People are confusing gun factory with police presence.
How can a gun factory make an area safe(r)?

On the other hand , if other regions do have just outfits then the east should too.
(just looking at the bigger picture here)

It could be safer in the sense that the gun production process will be regulated and the gun makers will have legit market to sell their products rather than sell to criminals. I guess that when people are busy working to earn a decent living  they have less (or no) time for crime. This is obvious. If anyone thinks it is bad for govt to intervene here, they should say what the gov sould do alternatively. Clearly, gun making in the community is historical and unless the opponents of the govt intervention are of the view that all the indigenes be wiped out, then guns must continue to be made there- and unfortunately sold to criminals who patronize the makers. IMHO, the only option is the proposed govt entry to help regulate the process and to engender legit market for the factory products, when established.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by MrCartha: 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2009
I think this will become another big shot in the arm for armed robbers undecided
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by bawomolo(m): 9:22pm On Dec 12, 2009
back2back:

what does selling GUNS to others  to kill themselves and we make tidy profit got to do with colonialism or corruption??

its silly because you are encouraging small arms trade that has caused harm to many african countries. Smh at making profit from the death of people
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by dipo2much(m): 2:35am On Dec 13, 2009
waste
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by strangleyo: 4:00am On Dec 13, 2009
people being in factories is good, they work etc.

Making weapons is key. Importing weapons is bad.

But making them should be the job of private companies.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nchara: 4:04am On Dec 13, 2009
strangleyo:

people being in factories is good, they work etc.

Making weapons is key. Importing weapons is bad.

But making them should be the job of private companies.

The makers are already private people, but it is rather unregulated and a reason the govt should step in.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by ogbongzky(m): 4:09am On Dec 13, 2009
Mr. Cartha:

I think this will become another big shot in the arm for armed robbers undecided

Dont you think those guns would be licensed and properly documented?, just that i doubt such in Nigeria due to our corrupt system,
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by emisun(m): 7:34am On Dec 13, 2009
if you like gun making factory in nigeria then you probably must be living in eighteen century.all over the world you can't sustain economic growth unless you have a mighty military force.what am tryna say is others even have nuclear weapon sites and just gun factory people are starting to feel uncomfortable.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Outstrip(f): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2009
How will making the guns there reduce the crime rate. How in the world did they end up with that conclusion
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by donjon: 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2009
@okuya,
what proof do you have, that ND boys get their guns from igbo guys?

Stop chanting rubbish pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Elections: FG Approves 2,564 Vehicles For Police / SA To Tambuwal, Abubakar Kwaire Resigns, Decamps To APC / We And The Trials Of Brother Bello - Prefessor Anthony Kila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.