Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Canada Cautions Nigerians Against Rumoured Visa Lottery - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Cautions Nigerians Against Rumoured Visa Lottery (26099 Views)

NAPTIP Warns Nigerians Against Visa Lotteries / Udi – 4 Corner Axis: Enugu State Government Cautions Road Users / Canada Cautions Nigerians Against Rumoured Visa Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Canada Cautions Nigerians Against Rumoured Visa Lottery by VickyRotex(f): 1:08am On Feb 27, 2017
WellEndowed:

Not only are some of us desperate, they are also lazy and would rather have someone do the work for them. Tell me why anyone would pay 600k for something so easy that even a child of 7 would handle without issues

As in my sister I tire! 600K will do alot o shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

And the thing is that, Canada will always tell you, that using an agent does not guarantee you a visa.

I remember when I was about applying then, my friend who used an agent, and got her visa, told me the agent can also process mine as well, and I will pay 300k for the service. So I asked, will this payment include all the documents I need to get to process my application? And the agent said No, I said,does it include application fee? The agent also said No. I said really, so what exactly am I going to be paying 300k for? The agent said for the "stress" of doing the application. cheesy During this time, I never knew I could process the application on my own, cos all the people I knew used to make use of agents, and they made it seem complicated.

Until a friend told me I could actually process on my own, and advised me to come on Nairaland, and confirm that she is not lying. I got here,and people on the travel section advised me to do it on my own, as most people there also process it on their own.

It took my time then, but it was worth it. After I applied, I was almost feeling bad, that I hope I wont regret not using an agent, but To God be the Glory, my fears were conquered and it turned out well. Since then I always encourage people to do it on their own, and I have been able to put few people through as well, without charging a dime. (I'm Nice like that! cheesy )

That's how I would have lost 300k just like that. cheesy

How have you been WellEndowed? Been a while! smiley
Re: Canada Cautions Nigerians Against Rumoured Visa Lottery by Nobody: 1:50am On Feb 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

As in my sister I tire! 600K will do alot o shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

And the thing is that, Canada will always tell you, that using an agent does not guarantee you a visa.

I remember when I was about applying then, my friend who used an agent, and got her visa, told me the agent can also process mine as well, and I will pay 300k for the service. So I asked, will this payment include all the documents I need to get to process my application? And the agent said No, I said,does it include application fee? The agent also said No. I said really, so what exactly am I going to be paying 300k for? The agent said for the "stress" of doing the application. cheesy During this time, I never knew I could process the application on my own, cos all the people I knew used to make use of agents, and they made it seem complicated.

Until a friend told me I could actually process on my own, and advised me to come on Nairaland, and confirm that she is not lying. I got here,and people on the travel section advised me to do it on my own, as most people there also process it on their own.

It took my time then, but it was worth it. After I applied, I was almost feeling bad, that I hope I wont regret not using an agent, but To God be the Glory, my fears were conquered and it turned out well. Since then I always encourage people to do it on their own, and I have been able to put few people through as well, without charging a dime. (I'm Nice like that! cheesy )

That's how I would have lost 300k just like that. cheesy

How have you been WellEndowed? Been a while! smiley

I have 3 siblings here including myself and none of us used agents. These things aren't as complicated as people make it out to be. Even if na 10k I am not paying someone else a dime who might not be able to plead my case right. I am the one wearing the shoe so only I know how to submit my case to the embassy and get me a visa.

Do you know that people pay agents loads of money to get them VISITING VISA. Visiting kwa? Truth is, it doesn't matter how many times you tell them otherwise, Nigerians still think you need agents to do visa application for you.

You will pay agent 300k to sit down and just lodge your application in for you? meanwhile you are the one who's going to do the running around of gathering all of your documents and certifying sh1t plus give him 300k on top the round around to lodge your application? I need to rethink my career path. I am in the wrong profession.

Vicky darling a.k.a "I'm nice like that"..your reward awaits you...you shall eat the fruit of your labour cheesy. My wellendowed bakassi has been cool and good for the last 3 weeks since I have been back from that hell of a country called NIGERIA. Where are the patriots..abeg my hand no dey...it's a typo. Nigeria IS ain't hell tongue. No constant electricity, things are unnecessarily expensive. No law protecting us. Uniform men abusing power left right centre. angry

Can someone tell me again why I still visit Nigeria every year? angry

1 Like

Re: Canada Cautions Nigerians Against Rumoured Visa Lottery by VickyRotex(f): 5:06am On Feb 27, 2017
WellEndowed:

I have 3 siblings here including myself and none of us used agents. These things aren't as complicated as people make it out to be. Even if na 10k I am not paying someone else a dime who might not be able to plead my case right. I am the one wearing the shoe so only I know how to submit my case to the embassy and get me a visa.

Do you know that people pay agents loads of money to get them VISITING VISA. Visiting kwa? Truth is, it doesn't matter how many times you tell them otherwise, Nigerians still think you need agents to do visa application for you.

You will pay agent 300k to sit down and just lodge your application in for you? meanwhile you are the one who's going to do the running around of gathering all of your documents and certifying sh1t plus give him 300k on top the round around to lodge your application? I need to rethink my career path. I am in the wrong profession.

Vicky darling a.k.a "I'm nice like that"..your reward awaits you...you shall eat the fruit of your labour cheesy. My wellendowed bakassi has been cool and good for the last 3 weeks since I have been back from that hell of a country called NIGERIA. Where are the patriots..abeg my hand no dey...it's a typo. Nigeria IS ain't hell tongue. No constant electricity, things are unnecessarily expensive. No law protecting us. Uniform men abusing power left right centre. angry

Can someone tell me again why I still visit Nigeria every year? angry

Hahahahahaha can you imagine. cheesy You are right. They arent so complicated and alot of people have made them seem so. So people get brainwashed by accepting that until they pay such outrageous amount, they cant make it.

I'm glad Nairaland has helped a lot of people in realising the truth. I know people I told that they dont need any agent, and they dint believe me, just as I had my doubts initially, I just send them the link to Nairaland, and they come back saying its true o grin

Na that gathering of documents upset me pass. I say ehn, wetin come be the essesnse of my paying you such amount when I have to do all the important things myself.

How can you even write a convincing SOP for me, when I'm the only one that knows the indepth passion I have for what I'm coming for.

lol @ you are in the wrong profession. cheesy cheesy

Hahahahaha. Amen o!!! cheesy grin

Awwwwnnnnnn. You went to Nigeria. Choooiiii!!! I miss Naija cry cry Miss my Family and the variety of dishes. cry

lol. I can imagine that light issue. I heard its even worse than when I left. I cant imagine how worse it must have been then.

We are honestly lagging behind in a lot of things back in Naija. Its well o. I just pray things get better soon.

Hahahahaha. Every year. Its cos its Home Sweet Home! grin
Good to hear from you again! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? / Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.