Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Selling Mobile Phones Is Not A Easy Thing To Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Selling Mobile Phones Is Not A Easy Thing To Do (988 Views)

Tecno, The Highest Selling Mobile Brand In Nigeria Revealed / Please Which Of This Tecno Phones Is The Best / Which Andriod Phones Is Toping The Chat In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling Mobile Phones Is Not A Easy Thing To Do by Jarekpl(m): 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2007
Hello everyone,

I'm exporting used mobile phones to various countries on the world. I found a customer from Nigeria, he started purchasing my product, first deal was only 30pcs. Then he started to increase his orders. He usually ordered 300pcs per month(most of them was low end models). After one year of good business relationship, he ordered 600pcs (he assure me that he has money only for 400pcs (he payed for 400pcs) but rest he will pay in a next order). Hell he was a reliable customer for over a year, so I've agreed. Today is a second week when he disappeared. It is time to move on, trust is a weakness smiley

Regards,
Jarek
Re: Selling Mobile Phones Is Not A Easy Thing To Do by naijacutee(f): 6:40am On Jan 19, 2007
*Skeptical about this post* But be careful, Jarek, especially when dealing with people behind computer screens.
Re: Selling Mobile Phones Is Not A Easy Thing To Do by Jarekpl(m): 9:17am On Jan 22, 2007
Yes I was, but after dealing with someone for over an year you develop somekind of trust. But this will not happened again.
Re: Selling Mobile Phones Is Not A Easy Thing To Do by Bossman(m): 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2007
Since you have already developed a good relationship with this customer, he has paid for his previous orders, so it's easy to develop trust. I would say, give it some time and see if you hear from him How long has it been? Have you tried all contact info you have on him.  Well, he paid for 66% of his order. He may not have disappeared on purpose though. There is always some level of risk involved, especially when dealing with an international buyer. Personally, I would not have shipped anything that has not been paid for in full.
Re: Selling Mobile Phones Is Not A Easy Thing To Do by LoverBwoy(m): 1:36am On Jan 23, 2007
Personally, I would not have shipped anything that has not been paid for in full.
Yup thats right, no matter how tempting it is, just make it your principle wink
Re: Selling Mobile Phones Is Not A Easy Thing To Do by Buggy: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2007
I say give the guy some time. The mistake has been made but watch it next time. I feel he will still pay up.
Re: Selling Mobile Phones Is Not A Easy Thing To Do by Buggy: 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2007
I run a new used and new phone cales company and am still willing to expand my buying frontier. The name of my comany is dovecrest Limited. I buy mostly UK grade A phones and sell in Nigeria. Business is Good but could be better. The cheaper you buy the better your profit. Anypne know where i can still get a better deal?

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Require The Current Cost Of K700 / I Heard Celtel Has Started Activating Gprs On Their Sim: By Sending A Txt To A Particular Number: / Memory Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.