Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children (24737 Views)

Atiku Abubakar And His Wife, Titi In 1972 (Throwback Photo) / Atiku Abubakar And Goodluck Jonathan Hug At The PDP Convention (Photo) / Atiku Abubakar And Goodluck Jonathan Meet Over 2019 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by Suleimman: 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
Aside from being the second elected vice-president of Nigeria, not many can say too much about the private life of Atiku Abubakar.

The 69-year-old politician worked in the Nigeria Customs Service for twenty years, rising to become the deputy director, before he finally retired in April 1989 to face politics full time.

[article_adwert]

However, aside from all these 'butterflies' about the Ahmadu Bello University graduate, not many know what his home front looks like. According to reports, he has 26 children from his five wives. In the book titled ‘Atiku – The Story Of Atiku Abubakar’, the former vice president explains why he opted for polygamy as a young man. Atiku said: “I wanted to expand the Abubakar family. I felt extremely lonely as a child. I had no brother and no sister. I did not want my children to be as lonely as I was. This is why I married more than one wife. My wives are my brothers, my sisters, my friends and my advisers and they complement one another.

Atiku Abubakar married Amina Titi Atiku Abubakar at the young age of 25 secretly in December 1971, at the Ikoyi registry in Lagos, because her family was initially opposed to the union.

In January 1979 he married Ladi Atiku Abubakar. He married his third wife, Princess Rukaiyatu Atiku Abubakar, daughter of the late Lamido of Adamawa in 1983. He married Fatima Atiku Abubakar his fourth wife in 1986. He later divorced Ladi, allowing him to marry, as his fourth wife, Jennifer Iwenjora, who then became Jamila Atiku-Abubakar.

The first wife gave birth to four children, Fatima, Adamu, Halima and Aminu while the second wife, Hajia Ladi has six children, Abba, Atiku, Zainab, Ummi, Mariam and Rukayatu. The third wife, Princess Rukaiyat (current Lamido Adamawa’s 13th child) had seven children, Aisha, Hadiza, Aliyu, Asmau, Mustafa, Laila and Abdulsalaam. Hajia Fatima has six children, Amina, Mohammed and two sets of twins, Ahmed and Shehu andAisha and Zainab. And Hajia Jamila has three children, Abdulmalik, Zahra and Faisal.

Just recently, the All Progressives Congress (APC) politician and businessman gave out three of his daughters in marriage on the same day.

Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by Yorubaangel(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
It is allowed... if and only if he's able to take good care of all e'm them
Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by id911(m): 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
Atiku takes good care of all his children. He's a kind of father every child would want to have.

He would make us live a better and prosperous life.

Atiku, the hope of the common man

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by kokoA(m): 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
26 and still counting. Tuface dey learn work for where Baba dey. grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by ozoebuka1(m): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
causing over population and environmental congestion!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by jamislaw(m): 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
Atiku My nigga.......

Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by RobbStark(m): 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
This is a complete football team.
Atiku, I hail you.

If you truly want to expand the family name, then I think four wives with 26 children isnt enof.
you have not started.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by aloziedaya(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
If this one comes in as President Nigeria will be finished. Loot loot loot will be his agenda. Before 27 children and wives will loot finish, we will be crying for buhari to come back with his recession.

Oga, abeg dey your house o. We no need you at all.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by EazyMoh(m): 11:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
Wow! This is one thing I look up to at Turaki. I love to have a lot of kids, that's why am seriously considering polygamy.
Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by KanwuliaExtra: 12:34am On Feb 25, 2017
One BLOKOS? shocked

"Kimo LADI. Irannu ATIKU"! cheesy
Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by Standing5(m): 2:10am On Feb 25, 2017
Northerners and quantity. There is nothing like quality in their own dictionary.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by Pavore9: 5:07am On Feb 25, 2017
He made good money from the Nigerian custom service.
Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by Annie939(f): 6:51am On Feb 25, 2017
26 ? well , he's a gentleman and very attractive though every woman will like to ............
Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by Moreoffaith(m): 7:27am On Feb 25, 2017
Annie939:
26 ? well , he's a gentleman and very attractive though every woman will like to ............

Like To have a share in his loot right?
Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by Annie939(f): 7:38am On Feb 25, 2017
Moreoffaith:

Like To have a share in his loot right?
yes .

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by potbelly(m): 8:59am On Feb 25, 2017
Baba I hail ooo
26 kids... shocked
Re: Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children by chimaicon(m): 9:00am On Feb 25, 2017
He has given birth to the whole of Nigeria (cow oriented man)

(1) (Reply)

Wike Revokes C Of O Belonging To Hotel Used For APC Meetings In Rivers / President Buhari Appoints Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim As DG, NAPTIP / Prison Escape: Gunmen Kill Soldiers On Duty, Set Prisoners Free In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.