Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Three Steps To Make More Money And Even Get Promoted On Your Current Job - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Three Steps To Make More Money And Even Get Promoted On Your Current Job (602 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / Get Your Business Promoted On Radio In Lagos - Effective & Affordable / Get Promoted On Needmyservice For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Steps To Make More Money And Even Get Promoted On Your Current Job by hamziwhiz(m): 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
Have you ever wondered why some people make huge amounts while others seem to struggle to get by all on the same job?

I have.

Truth is...

Like most people, I attributed it to luck or one of those things God was solely responsible for.

You're probably familiar with statements like...

"that's how God wants it" and "if it is the will of God..."

The people who use these statements often do one thing wrong...

...give out their God-given power to create their outcomes without even knowing.

Enough of the mediocres!

How can you make the most money on your job in this year?

Become more valuable.

After pondering over the question of how to make more money on your job?

I came across a video by Jim Rohn and that was where I first learnt this concept from.

I'll share this idea with you and show you exactly how to implement it in your own life so that you can make as much money as you desire.

So let's talk about becoming more valuable.

Why does the garbage collector earn only a few pennies?

Because of the value placed on the kind of problem he solves. Anybody can take out trash - without any training whatsoever.

See why they don't earn so much right?

The value of the problem they solve.

So here's a simple 3 step strategy to earn more money on your job by becoming more valuable.

1. Identify the problems you're that are closely related to the problem you're currently being paid to solve.

You're currently being paid to solve a problem.

What is it?

I'd take an example from Education since it's something we can all relate to - and I studied education.

Teachers are paid to educate children.

What are the related problems?

1 - Some students are slow learners

2 - Others are not motivated to learn

3 - Some are visual learners and would not perform well by listening and writing alone

4 - Some others are either uninterested or just lazy

I hear teachers and parents complain about these all the time but not many of them rise to the challenge of solving any of the problems.

2. Equip yourself to solve the ones that are of interest to you.

I don't believe you should wear yourself out in uninspiring tasks in a bid to make more money so ensure that the problems you want to solve is one that is of interest to you - if you find out it's not as you go along, just switch. You have only one life to live.

This might require taking a course online or offline and signing up for a training.
Still using the example of the teaching profession, I'd have picked the second problem because I'm motivational at the core.

(I just love to get people to move and take action beyond limitations)

...but for business purposes I'd pick the third issue because I enjoy describing things for people to picture it and I know there are many earning opportunities in it.

I'd head over to youtube and start learning how to design visual instructional materials. I'd also enroll for a part time course on instructional material design.

I'm a trained teacher so you can understand. ;-)

Having equipped myself with this knowledge, I'd start implementing at the slightest chance I get and this takes us to the next step on the journey to earning more money.

3. Prove your competence in solving this problem.

You've identified a problem that's related to your work that you'd like to solve and began equipping yourself to solve this problem.

So what's the next thing you need to do so that you can earn more money and even get promoted on your current job?

You need to prove your competence by in solving this problem by consistently solving it.

Start applying the things you're learning at every opportunity you get and you'll begin to get noticed as you start producing better results.

Staying with the example from the teaching profession, how do you prove your competence in solving this problem?

There are several things you can do and I'll just share one to get you thinking.

Start applying your new knowledge in your regular classes. This will get the students talking...among themselves and to their parents who will in turn talk to your school administrators.

They'll start taking note of you...

Eventually when the students in your class show a significant increase in performance, you're well on your way to both earning more and landing a promotion.

I used to teach somewhere in a private owned tutorial center for a handful of children.

Some of the parents refused to pay... I didn't stop teaching.

I noticed the students where slow learners and so I decided to give them four extra hours... instead of coming thrice in a week I taught them everyday.

When their school results were released... the parents immediately paid all the outstanding fees, were happily discussing the improvements with neighbors and my employer wanted to me to stay.

Unfortunately, I was done there.

I moved on.

The tutorial center closed down.

The same principle works for different work situation and environment.

By equipping yourself to solve more problems for your organization, you're getting yourself onto the list of the most valuable staff and in turn increasing your chances of earning higher income.

So there you have it.

Simple but very practical.

Go Make More Money!

I hope this article added value to you, do let me know in the comment section below and share it with your friends.

I'll want to specially invite you to Kingdom Business Classroom.

Kingdom Business Classroom is a closed Facebook group where you get practical ideas on how to make, manage and multiply money.

It's absolutely FREE.

Join Kingdom Business Classroom to access quality financial education and receive answers to your questions related to money and building a business by clicking on the link below;

https:///KBClassroom/

Remember, Your financial destiny is in your hands - take it seriously!

#TakeCharge of #YourFinancialDestiny

God Bless You!
MH Gideon

PS: I'm creating two quick guides on how to generate business ideas and how to raise capital to start your business. Join Kingdom Business Classroom to get them immediately when they are released >>
Re: Three Steps To Make More Money And Even Get Promoted On Your Current Job by hamziwhiz(m): 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
I'm available to answer any question that you might have on this subject.

I'll want to specially invite you to Kingdom Business Classroom.

Kingdom Business Classroom is a closed Facebook group where you get practical ideas on how to make, manage and multiply money.

It's absolutely FREE.

Join Kingdom Business Classroom to access quality financial education and receive answers to your questions related to money and building a business by clicking on the link below;

Remember, Your financial destiny is in your hands - take it seriously!

#TakeCharge of #YourFinancialDestiny

God Bless You!
MH Gideon

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Facebook Account Into A Fan Page. / How To Earn $8 For Every Email Invite! / I Need Business Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.