Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,020 members, 7,859,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) (58782 Views)

Wole Soyinka In His Radical Days As A Pyrate Don (photo)! / This Is Why Nigeria Was Handed Over To The North By Britain In 1960 - FFK / 2face Idibia Visits Buhari In London In A Photoshopped Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by mpowa(m): 12:36am On Feb 25, 2017
nell4:
what makes you think the person you quoted is an igbo. we have almost 20 tribes or more in nigeria young man. so their opinion doesn't matter
Go and check 95% of threads on Nairaland, the only tribe that complain about stabbing in the back are Igbos. So it's easy to assume that the poster is Igbo...And If we find out, I'm sure, I'm right.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 25, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

When will we stand up from our typing pads and act?

Soon there will be nothing left for generations yet coming if we go on this way.

The revolution is here!

I think I see your point, but let's put things in perspective.

No offence, but I only "met" you today because of what you typed on your typing pad. So typing pads aren't all that ineffective.

Who says you must hold political office to make an impact?

Let's know more about our environment and our place in it.

We all matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Limitless72(m): 1:57am On Feb 25, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:
These men began ruling from their prime.

What then are we young smart minded Nigerians waiting for?

Soon there will be nothing left for generations yet coming if we go on this way.

The revolution is here!

Join the New Nigeria Vanguard!

See my signature...

Then the was no cabals to contend and hijack their future then.....
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Nobody: 2:41am On Feb 25, 2017
Truman155:
let me give you the moral of the story before babu comes back
the afonja that smiles with you today shall stab you in the back over and over without remorse and over and over again without remorse !

quote me to spew trash and I will stone you with stained balls of amala.

Ur pretty stup*d. U and ur Ilk. U don't even know anything. If u did u wld kp quiet.

Ademulegun was killed by his Igbo officer friends in d January 1966 coup. His daughter witnessed d killing & said she never trusted igbos after dt night because her father had lunch wt nzeogwu dt afternoon. And he came bk at night to kill him & his wife. Igbo betrayal.

Wole Soyinka went to prison for supporting ojukwu and his biafran dream. He got a Nobel peace prize for his efforts. We know what d igbos write abt him everytime. Igbo betrayal.

Obasanjo fought on d Nigerian side supporting his people. D smart thing to do. Didn't know he's supposed to choose strangers over his people. What agreement was betrayed? Liar.

Talk abt smearing others wt ur own weakness. The backstabbers in d Nigerian story are the igbos. You spilled d blood of ur friends in d dead of night. It is forever in the history books of Nigeria. Every time u type d trash u wrote here u kp helping us to remember.

PS- pls explain how ademulegun, Soyinka & Obasanjo betrayed d igbos. Nonsense!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by aishmuhd(f): 2:54am On Feb 25, 2017
Oh God give Nigeria the opportunity to be oneness again, regardless of tribe or religion. I know it will be difficult but not impossible.

Ameen.
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by nyabinghi(m): 3:13am On Feb 25, 2017
Phinity318:

U r right Bro. I experienced afonja back stabbing first hand. some of them are very unreliable.
the igbo man is the worst creation of God. Igbos greedy since 33bc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by ginggerxy: 4:11am On Feb 25, 2017
ehissi:
Does anyone even notice that the only people alive in that photo are Yoruba........ lipsrsealed
naturally some people don't laugh much it's not about tribe you bigot
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by johntolu: 5:01am On Feb 25, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
janellemonae:

Ur pretty stup*d. U and ur Ilk. U don't even know anything. If u did u wld kp quiet.

Ademulegun was killed by his Igbo officer friends in d January 1966 coup. His daughter witnessed d killing & said she never trusted igbos after dt night because her father had lunch wt nzeogwu dt afternoon. And he came bk at night to kill him & his wife. Igbo betrayal.

Wole Soyinka went to prison for supporting ojukwu and his biafran dream. He got a Nobel peace prize for his efforts. We know what d igbos write abt him everytime. Igbo betrayal.

Obasanjo fought on d Nigerian side supporting his people. D smart thing to do. Didn't know he's supposed to choose strangers over his people. What agreement was betrayed? Liar.

Talk abt smearing others wt ur own weakness. The backstabbers in d Nigerian story are the igbos. You spilled d blood of ur friends in d dead of night. It is forever in the history books of Nigeria. Every time u type d trash u wrote here u kp helping us to remember.

Thanks a lot, for your comment, my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by GOLDENWOLF(m): 5:20am On Feb 25, 2017
tollyboy5:
all of them like that with their oju aye joke
haha!
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:21am On Feb 25, 2017
alignacademy:

I think I see your point, but let's put things in perspective.

No offence, but I only "met" you today because of what you typed on your typing pad. So typing pads aren't all that ineffective.

Who says you must hold political office to make an impact?

Let's know more about our environment and our place in it.

We all matter.

Well unfortunately my brother, they have successfully put our minds on leash like a horse that is tied to a tree. Even when the leash is taken off, it still stays with the mentality of being on the leash.

Have you ever heard the Plato's saying? Let me paraphrase - "The price that good men pay is suffering for not getting involved in politics"

I am not a politically motivated person. But it is obvious now that if we the young, vibrant and intelligent ones don't rise up to fill those spots, the old corrupt terrible ones will keep filling it up. Nature abhors vaccum.
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:28am On Feb 25, 2017
Limitless72:

Then the was no cabals to contend and hijack their future then.....

And now that there are cabals we leave them to hijack the lives of our unborn children?
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by yinkslinks(m): 5:29am On Feb 25, 2017
This was before they allowed some herdsmen came in between them cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry wish life can go back dis way
ebosie11:
Nigerians sharing a joke at an event in London in 1960s (L-R)Samuel Ademulegun,Jaja Nwachukwu, Olusegun Obasanjo, Emmanuel Udeaja, TOS Benson, unknown, Emeka Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/throwbackobasanjowole.html
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by ehissi(m): 6:57am On Feb 25, 2017
234ng44uk:
Bloody tribal bigot. Samuel Ademulegun is Yoruba and he's late.

I made a simple observation and now I am a bloody tribal bigot because your personal judgements aren't tainted by tribalism/bigotry?

Oya go and call police naaaah or better yet go and report me to Buhari in London.......... angry

Oloshi, Oloriburuku............. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by ehissi(m): 7:19am On Feb 25, 2017
ginggerxy:
naturally some people don't laugh much it's not about tribe you bigot

Let me guess, you are a bigot detector ba? undecided

They have taught you "bigot" on Nairaland, now person no go post comment, drink water keep cup...... angry

I made a simple comment based on the faces I saw, a much more educated and rational human being exposed the fact to me that a gentleman (Emmanuel Udeaja) most assuredly from the South-south - which I hail from - in the photo is still alive, even went as far as putting a more accurate timeline to the photo based some observations in the picture and I immediately shared his comment for my followers to see and probably learn something......... smiley

Your own, no pass bigot..........dey there dey confirm your Olodo, Ode Oshi.... angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by madridguy(m): 7:23am On Feb 25, 2017
Following.....
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by berrystunn(m): 7:26am On Feb 25, 2017
ebosie11:
Nigerians sharing a joke at an event in London in 1960s (L-R)Samuel Ademulegun,Jaja Nwachukwu, Olusegun Obasanjo, Emmanuel Udeaja, TOS Benson, unknown, Emeka Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/throwbackobasanjowole.html

This is Ghana not London
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by rasputinn(m): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2017
Olasco93:
Strong MEN from KuvukiLand

Sounding like Brashy
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by LBanks(m): 7:54am On Feb 25, 2017
Truman155:
let me give you the moral of the story before babu comes back
the afonja that smiles with you today shall stab you in the back over and over without remorse and over and over again without remorse !

quote me to spew trash and I will stone you with stained balls of amala.
. What of Wole Soyinka, did he stab Ojukwu at the back? He supported him and was even imprisoned because of that. Abi him sef no be Afonja too?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Chijosky(m): 8:49am On Feb 25, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:
These men began ruling from their prime.

What then are we young smart minded Nigerians waiting for?

The revolution is here!

Join the New Nigeria Vanguard!

See my signature...
Supported 100%.. Tomorrow's leader till when

The revolution is here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by oshiokpu(m): 9:08am On Feb 25, 2017
janellemonae:

I think you are the stupid one here...wole Soyinka won a Nobel peace price indeed
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by juman(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2017
Obj, an expert in election violence and election rigging.
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Elbowroom: 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
joedams:
To think that they were all in their 20s here, and they were already leaders in their own right.
What is our generation all about sef?

Ranting on social media

Queuing behind looters because they are from our tribe and religion

Making noise and posting irrelevant comments when we should be out on the street hustling

Helping the so called politicians to circulate their news , tabloids and propagandas

Wasting our precious times on social media
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by YungMillionaire: 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
janellemonae:

Wole Soyinka went to prison for supporting ojukwu and his biafran dream. [s]He got a Nobel peace prize for his efforts[/s]. We know what d igbos write abt him everytime. Igbo betrayal.

EPIC EPIC EPIC REPLY BASED ON FACTS NOT LIES - I WISH I COULD GIVE YOU A MILLION LIKES

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oludamilola Osinbajo And Oluseun Bakare's Engagement In Aso Rock (Photos) / Kwara Governorship: PDP In Early Lead, Armed Military, DSS Operatives Spotted / DSS Arrests Radio Biafra Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.