Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Mud Cultures Can Help Us Gain Grounding In Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mud Cultures Can Help Us Gain Grounding In Agriculture (740 Views)

Where Can I Get Chlorella And Spirulina Cultures In The Southwest / Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture / 4gud And Of Mud Brick Bread Oven Contract On 08085850078 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mud Cultures Can Help Us Gain Grounding In Agriculture by KingSango(m): 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
Greetings,

I wanted to put out the benefits of simple mud cultures that is based upon natures resources. There are so many uses for mud. I will list some of them.

1. Mud can be used on the skin to ward off mosquitoes, probably one of its best uses. Mosquitoes don't bite through mud. I know what you're thinking, this man is talking plain mud from the ground. No. I'm talking taking dirt and straining it of all impurities, rocks, bugs, woodchips, etc. Then grinding that mud to get a real fine dirt before mixing with water. Filling up a container of water and putting in the dirt to form mud. This mud can be used as a skin paste that can be worn while farming, in heavy mosquito areas, swamps, rice fields and it will keep away most bugs if not all. We can fight Malaria this way, fight West Nile and Zika, by using mud as a repellent until we can get our herbal plants going that fight Malaria infection in the body.

2. Mud paint. Take the above process of straining dirt and adding water but add food coloring. Now you got several different colors of mud that you can use for painting. These can be an art exercise for children and keep them busy while learning planting. Children must learn agriculture at an early age. Children can paint geometric shapes, nature, symbolism, letters, etc. All with mud.

3. Mud can be used as body paint, using the same paint as above but applied to the body as art. It can also be used as a field exercise.

4. Mud can be used to make mud bricks by mixing with needled hay, cow manure for cement, etc. Mud bricks can be used to make many structures including homes, and storage building for agriculture. Walls around compounds.

5. Mud can be used as paint for buildings and structures using mud paint and a laxer for waterproofing your structure.

6. Mud can be mixed with cement to save on cement costs. Yes, by only mixing in 1/5 the amount of cement you can stretch your cement by adding mud.

7. Mud can be used to make mud ovens to cook bread, meat and other things.

Rebuilding African civilization from natural material is key to our rapid economic recovery. Also by using mud in civil engineering projects will save on expenses like concrete and wood, thus saving trees. There's no reason why poor Africans on the continent, in the Caribbeans, or Americas, can't afford to build their own communities if we use nature. We can get rich via agriculture. Very rich and never go hungry and never be without a home.

Learn to grow food:

http://feedyourselfandyourfamily..com/2016/06/african-gardening-for-life-repatriation.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Acres Of Land For Sale @ Obafemi Owode Local Government!!! / Snail Farm / How Much Does It Cost To Rent An Acre Of Land For A Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.