Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing (6719 Views)

Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat / Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII / Regrets For Auto Dealers As Dollar Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by wheredemdey: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
adefat:
Please stop your ill words and accusations against Mr president, Do U realise that Osinbajo is chairman Economic team,so is doing his job as assigned to him by our amiable and incorruptible president ,l wish him speedy recovery and save journey back to our country.
Long life our dear president.

Monkey

Going by your silllly I'll mentality...why didn't osibanjo make any significant progress since he has been the head of economic team for 16months now??...why is he working well now that iiiidiotic dullarddd vegetable is lying fallow in London?

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 27, 2017
LordAdam16:

When the Naira held steady at 150 between 2009 and 2014, how many Nigerians did you know who were praying for Naira to fall?

Business is Business.

With every major currency or economic change, there are winners and losers. The problem is that you and the other selfish fellas on this thread want to win every time, no matter whose ox is gored.

Was it auto dealers that crashed the Naira? Are they working at the CBN?

How many of you if given the chance to sell cars now will sell far below market price? Say if you want to sell a car today, regardless of when you bought it, would you sell it according to 2014/2015 price or 2017 price? Be honest with yourself. Today na Sunday.

Why ask of others what you can't do yourself? Abi are the dealers Aliens? Are they not Nigerians like you who have businesses to run and mouths to feed? Or don't you know they don't sell as much as they used to and so higher margins should make up for decreased volume.

I wonder where right-thinking people learn to be so heartless.

Read through the thread and see people praying for other people's business to fall. What kind of ish is that? And you expect your business to rise with such mindset?

Everybody, including dealers, are craving stability. Not everyday you wake up and see new rate. Customs doing their nonsense and salaries are not increasing.

If you think the values of cars are overinflated, import the car yourself.

Dollar is not going to 200, whether Buhari comes back or not. You can take that to the bank. There is no alternate universe where $1 can trade for N200. Not now, not in the future. There is no index to back that up.

The only prayer is that whatever fall is happening should take the naira to a stable rate that wouldn't give way in a couple of weeks or months. Sustainability is the solution. Not sharp rises and sharp falls.

-Lord

Ladies & Gents, witness the very beginning of insanity.... i cropped one single post shocked shocked shocked

Please let us pray against whoever wrecked this fellow's life

1 Share

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by ogawisdom(m): 6:01am On Feb 27, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Dont mind him. When $ crashes, he would label his wares as "bought at 510Naira",

We would pity him and not buy cars half his prices.

Most of them are greedy and just trying to console themselves because the bubble is about to burst

A whiteman would never celebrate the destruction of his currency even if it means he would lose money

Ever seen an American celebrating USD crash or Britons celebrating depreciation in Pounds Sterling?

Spot on
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by ehissi(m): 6:53am On Feb 27, 2017
adefat:
Please stop your ill words and accusations against Mr president, Do U realise that Osinbajo is chairman Economic team,so is doing his job as assigned to him by our amiable and incorruptible president ,l wish him speedy recovery and save journey back to our country.
Long life our dear president.

A professor of law, an economic team leader?

Everyone who understands the system knows that it is Buhari's absence plus FOREX dealers refusal to sell dollar at the airport last week that made it possible for CBN to release dollar at such a rate.

The last time this happened, Buhari simply sent DSS to raid those FOREX dealers. It works for just a short spell and then price skyrocketed.

In my opinion, competence is not what cause Osibanjo to be the Economic team leader but politics. There is nowhere in the world, where you will see Osibanjo, giving a comprehensive talk of our economic road map - which is what is expected of a Economic team leader. He was simply placed there to ward off or discourage questions, the kind that Nkonjo Iweala had to answer - sometimes on a very impromptu note - before the National assembly and the international press.

As Vice - President, he can't be summoned to the National Assembly abruptly to explain the state of the economy or sanctioned for failing to appear to do so. A finance minister on the other hand can...............

Check closely, the same is mirrored across the Cabinet.

Osibanjo is a lawyer, Fashola too? Lawyer. Lai Mohammed? Lawyer. Minister of Communications? Lawyer.

Not competence my dear, politics...................
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by ehissi(m): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2017
ogawisdom:
Dollar has depreciated against the naira from 525 to 400 in three day and expected to hit near 200 in two weeks time.

dont rush to buy any car now better wait so u can get a better deal grin grin grin grin grin grin

greedy car dealers wont like this, all those ones that sold 2001 highlander for 4m na God go punish them angry angry angry angry angry

we only have osibanjo to thank and jst pray that the olodo Buhari dont come home soon infact let him d*e in london bc he is evil angry angry angry if the evil called Buhari comes back then dollar is heading back to 800 b4 December cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

cc seun, lalasticlala pls send to front page before greedy car dealers finish my people in this recession, car dealers will be burnt beyond recognition i swear tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

I think you will find out that you maybe wrong. Typical car dealers are even afraid to sell cars in this our Buhari economy. The problem rests with Middle men/women who dey form dealers as well.

How can someone take a registered car that was bought for #1.3million and come outside and sell the same car for #1.6million in the name of dollar?

If you are talking about Tokunbo cars, I understand but even at that most of them are not as High priced if you are fortunate to meet real car dealers - not the middle men that are forming hustlers and posing as dealers, them full festac, Surulere and lekki area.

I think, as you have rightly said, just relax.

As for the Chairman, Justinslayer69, I believe you can still get a registered 2013 Camry for well under 4million. If you haven't bought one already, I can provide a couple of leads to some offers..........

PM me or email at ehidiamenigue01@yahoo.com only if you are ready. cool
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by LordAdam16: 7:50am On Feb 27, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

You probably feel smart with the long epistle you wrote....

Unfortunately, inability to make sense in a few words is often an indicator of low intelligence.

What's selfish & heartless in wanting a strong currency for one's own country in the fantasy world you live in?.

You are so stupid, i can't bear to take you on point-for-point. I have more productive things to do.

Signing your posts with "Lord" is kindergarten-mode by the way. Won't bothering replying you again.

Sure, leave the message and attack the messenger.

And to think I was replying a functioning adult.

Na my mistake to quote you.

-Lord
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 27, 2017
ehissi:

I think you will find out that you maybe wrong. Typical car dealers are even afraid to sell cars in this our Buhari economy. The problem rests with Middle men/women who dey form dealers as well.

How can someone take a registered car that was bought for #1.3million and come outside and sell the same car for #1.6million in the name of dollar?

If you are talking about Tokunbo cars, I understand but even at that most of them are not as High priced if you are fortunate to meet real car dealers - not the middle men that are forming hustlers and posing as dealers, them full festac, Surulere and lekki area.

I think, as you have rightly said, just relax.

As for the Chairman, Justinslayer69, I believe you can still get a registered 2013 Camry for well under 4million. If you haven't bought one already, I can provide a couple of leads to some offers..........

PM me or email at ehidiamenigue01@yahoo.com only if you are ready. cool

Thanks Chief. Would contact you soon. I am in transit.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 27, 2017
LordAdam16:

Sure, leave the message and attack the messenger.

And to think I was replying a functioning adult.

Na my mistake to quote you.

-Lord

Dude.. I gave you a reality check.

I am allergic to stupidity and your post made no iota of sense. So yes, it was a great mistake to quote me.

Now, go and type pages in response elsewhere, m0r0n. Change your diapers while at it.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by LordAdam16: 8:23am On Feb 27, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Dude.. I gave you a reality check.

I am allergic to stupidity and your post made no iota of sense. So yes, it was a great mistake to quote me.

Now, go and type pages in response elsewhere, m0r0n and change your diapers while at it.

Oh I see where this is going.

You couldn't respond to my well-tailored points constructively posted, so you're hoping you could drag me to the mud with you.

I'm not a p*g like you dude.

And if someone were to ask what is making you so agitated, I'm sure you'd say it's because of my first post where there were absolutely no vituperations.

You need anger and anxiety management classes. How high is your BP?

-Lord
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2017
I dont want to sound pessimistic but its too early for the dollar to crash, even if it crashes car proces will still remain high.

Its not the rising dollar that cause the high cost of cars, but the stupid policy that banned importation of cars through our borders and the excessively high tariff of 70%

Given that we dont manufacture cars here, I dont see the price of cars going down anytime soon. Even worthless Nierian second hand cars have increased by 50 percent in price.

I would advice people to hold onto their cars even if they upgrade.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 27, 2017
quentin06:
I dont want to sound pessimistic but its too early for the dollar to crash, even if it crashes car proces will still remain high.

Its not the rising dollar that cause the high cost of cars, but the stupid policy that banned importation of cars through our borders and the excessively high tariff of 70%

Given that we dont manufacture cars here, I dont see the price of cars going down anytime soon. Even worthless Nierian second hand cars have increased by 50 percent in price.

Great response, sir. I actually cautioned the OP's optimism.

We all want prices to go down, but the decline is more likely to be gradual than steep.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 27, 2017
LordAdam16:

Oh I see where this is going.

You couldn't respond to my well-tailored points constructively posted grin grin grin, so you're hoping you could drag me to the mud with you.

I'm not a p*g like you dude.

And if someone were to ask what is making you so agitated, I'm sure you'd say it's because of my first post where there were absolutely no vituperations.

You need anger and anxiety management classes. How high is your BP wink?

-Lord

How high is my BP? Way higher than your microscopic IQ for sure! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now, it's time to go and try to earn a Nobel Prize for literature on Nairaland with your verbose, psychotically lengthy, unintelligent posts.

I am done with you.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by LordAdam16: 8:58am On Feb 27, 2017
JustinSlayer69SloppyChicken:

How high is my BP? Way higher than your microscopic IQ for sure! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now, it's time to go and try to earn a Nobel Prize for literature on Nairaland with your verbose, psychotically lengthy, unintelligent posts.

I am done with you.

You are done with me, and you keep quoting me.

Weren't you supposed to be doing "productive" things and not replying me?

Why do you feel so intimidated? Your first post on this thread seemed well thought out. It's why I quoted your other post. Felt there was a kink in your thought process that needed ironing out.

Then you just flayed up like I was trying to assault you. I have that effect sometimes, but that wasn't my intention.

So, yeah, go attend that meeting (assuming that's correct). The first four hours of a work day are the most productive.

Oh, and listen to yourself too ("I'm done with you"wink.

PS: Edited the quote for a good laugh.

-Lord
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 27, 2017
psucc:
May God never allow him to see another sunrise except in hell.
may that be your portion ijn.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
wheredemdey:

Monkey

Going by your silllly I'll mentality...why didn't osibanjo make any significant progress since he has been the head of economic team for 16months now??...why is he working well now that iiiidiotic dullarddd vegetable is lying fallow in London?

why are you so pained?
can't you just comment without insult?
Please,don't expose your upbringing here.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by psucc(m): 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
AntiIPOB:
may that be your portion ijn.
And to your 4th generation in Jesus name Amen.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
LordAdam16:

You are done with me, and you keep quoting me.

Weren't you supposed to be doing "productive" things and not replying me?

Why do you feel so intimidated? Your first post on this thread seemed well thought out. It's why I quoted your other post. Felt there was a kink in your thought process that needed ironing out.

Then you just flayed up like I was trying to assault you. I have that effect sometimes, but that wasn't my intention.

So, yeah, go attend that meeting (assuming that's correct). The first four hours of a work day are the most productive.

Oh, and listen to yourself too ("I'm done with you"wink.

PS: Edited the quote for a good laugh.

-Lord

Done.... wink

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by LordAdam16: 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Done.... wink

Oh SloppyChicken,

And you keep quoting me.

Multiple intelligent submissions on the Fiancee break up thread. Wetin mk u fear my post to u on this thread nai me no knw.

-Lord
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by PastorandMentor(m): 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
On bottle for Op
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by SirAweezy(m): 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
I laugh at many who are just quick to conclude on the USD/NIR issue. My fellow country people. USD is not coming down soonest. The main factor that determine the Forex market is still left unsolved.

That the CBN as done is just to curb temporarily the nonsense of the black market. Please don't expect dollar to go to 250 again. Except and if Dangote refinery start working and also other large Export Mechanism is been put in place.

#realitycheck!
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by ogawisdom(m): 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
wheredemdey:

Monkey

Spot on dnt mind them, some ppl will never have sense in their life. Buhari is d evil dt want to kill all of us n some ppl r talking rubbish. Once Buhari returns, I pray he doesn't at least let him remain in vegetable state till 2019, dollar will go up again.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by amuokuko: 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
Abeg holla at ur boy when a Toks 2007 Camry sells @ 800k...
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by VeeBabs(m): 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
quentin06:

Did you just call Nigerian-used cars "worthless"? I am hoping you meant that as a reference to the really abused cars on our streets.

But generally? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Edit: There are Nigerians in Nigeria who maintain their cars far better than those white men in Florida and Texas. Don't ask me how I know.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
VeeBabs:

Did you just call Nigerian-used cars "worthless"? I am hoping you meant that as a reference to the really abused cars on our streets.

But generally? You have no idea what you're talking about.

I meant the ones that have been abused, you know ' near scrap looking vehicles whose cost of repair is more than the sale price.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by VeeBabs(m): 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
quentin06:

I meant the ones that have been abused, you know ' near scrap looking vehicles whose cost of repair is more than the sale price.

Sure then. I for say make you come my Lekki estate make I show you 10-year-old cars wey still dey shine like mirror, drive like cat, and sound like puppy.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by ogawisdom(m): 7:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
amuokuko:
Abeg holla at ur boy when a Toks 2007 Camry sells @ 800k...

Lol if only one dollar can be 100 naira

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PATHFINDER 06/NAV/AUX 3.2M!! PIX PAGE2/Acura Mdx 08 NAV/DVD/REV/BMW X6 10LOADED! / Mint Toks 2005 Ford Escape XLT Leather, Lagos Cleared for #1.3m------SOLD------ / @NAIJABABE Is Back!!!!! *2007 Mazda CX-7* Pre-Ordered From Fhemmmy **DELIVERED**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.