Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s (1434 Views)

I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding / Five Prominent Buhari's Former Supporters Who Have Turned Their Backs On Him / Dino Melaye Mocks Bukola Saraki, Calls Him Former Doctor (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2017
Professor Sadiq Suleiman Wali who was a former chief physician to General Mohammadu Buhari and other four former former heads of state, namely General Ibrahim Babangida, Chief Ernest Shonekan, the late General Sani Abacha and General Abdulsalami Abubakar speaks on why Nigerians should be patient with the president.

According to Daily Trust, the 76 year- old medical doctor said he became physician to the president following his explicit request.
“General Muhammadu Buhari requested that I should be his physician and I knew him very well, personally, because we were in Lagos during the January 1966 coup. Murtala, Gowon, Buhari were all around and that was how we got to know each other. So, I felt I should do it. I was also in the army, as during the civil war doctors had to be dragged into service.
“I was posted to Awka, the brigade where Buhari was, and I was impressed by his character, integrity and honesty. So when he became Head of State and requested for my services, I accepted.

‘But a year and a half after, there was a coup. I was actually in the United States together with Buhari’s family at the time. Eventually, we had to come back, and when we returned I went to then president, General Ibrahim Babangida and said, ‘I took two years leave of absence from the university, and even though it hadn’t elapsed, I could go back.’ But he said shouldn’t. So I stayed there, and for a very long time.

“After him came Chief Ernest Shonekan, with whom I worked for only a few months. Then came General Sani Abacha, and that was the most challenging one. I would tell each of them that I would like to go, but they would plead that I should stay.
Speaking about his view of the foreign medical travels of the president, the professor said:
“Foreign medical travel by Nigerian presidents and heads of state are not unusual, so also extension of stay while away on treatment. I remember when President IBB when to France for medical treatment in 1986, for a period of one month, we had to request for an extension by a whole month on the advice of the doctors.
“As for President Buhari, he regularly went for checkups, except for the period of 1985 to 1988 when he was detained. As for the recent extensions requested for by the president on the recommendation of his doctors, it is important to understand the principle guiding the relationship between doctors and patients.

“There are four ethical principles, namely: Autonomy, where a doctor has to explain any action he intends to take with its advantage and disadvantage, possible harms and benefits. The patient has the right to accept or reject the recommendations. Then there is Beneficence, where all actions and procedures should be of benefit to the patient. In the case of Malfeasance, it’s ‘do no harm."
“Then there is Justice, when benefit to the patient and community should be assessed. If there is danger to the community, the doctor can override the wishes of the patient like Lassa fever, Ebola disease and so on. In such cases, the doctor is obliged to report to appropriate health authorities,” he said.

The professor however encouraged Nigerians to be patient with the president adding that: “We should be patient, sympathize with the president, and pray for his early return home. The acting president is working very hard and governance has continued smoothly.

Going further, Professor Wali asked the president to be patient and accept his doctor’s advice.
“He should be patient, accept his doctor’s advice, noting the overwhelming support he enjoys,” he said.

Source AM NEWS
Read More: http://www.amnews.com.ng/2017/02/only-igbo-man-can-rescue-nigeria-from.html

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by sarrki(m): 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
Wetin him yearn?
Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
You've been noticed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by sarrki(m): 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
Buhari/Osinbajo Presidency is indeed the Rescue Collabo we have been waiting for!!!

ONE INDIVISIBLE TICKET!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by sarrki(m): 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2017
Doctor keep quiet

If we need your advice we will seek

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by anibi9674: 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
sarrki:
Doctor keep quiet
you self you no day tire.
Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 25, 2017
sarrki:
Doctor keep quiet

are you mandated to comment on every buhari's post ?

your job is a very tedious one I must say cuz is like you are programed like a robot on the internet

just apply for sick leave in order to receive a fresh air..I'm not joking

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by masseratti: 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2017
Who wrote this trash?
Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by sarrki(m): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
carmag:

are you mandated to comment on every buhari's post ?

your job is a very tedious one I must say cuz is like you are programed like a robot on the internet

Are you programed to antagonize pmb on each thread ?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by OVI75(m): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
Modula Zombie Sarrki,Gues U Didn't Read The Write up.

I Understand Yr Predicament, Its Gonna Be Very Difficult To Read Everything Wen U Av To Do What BMC HIRED you For.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by sarrki(m): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
OVI75:
Modula Zombie Sarrki,Gues U Didn't Read The Write up.

I Understand Yr Predicament, Its Gonna Be Very Difficult To Read Everything Wen U Av To Do What BMC HIRED you For.

Wailers are looking for every way to be happy

After been hit back to back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
sarrki:

Are you programed to antagonize pmb on each thread ?

..smh , I was only trying to help cuz I know exactly what you are passing through

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by sarrki(m): 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2017
carmag:

..smh , I was only trying to help cuz I know exactly what you are passing through

If I need one will contact you

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Former Doctor Speaks, Reveals Things About The President, IBB Buhari’s by vedaxcool(m): 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
grin grin grin

sarrki:

Wailers are looking for every way to be happy

After been hit back to back

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ex Anambra LG Chairmen Exposes Gov. Obiano - See Letter / I Repent From Tribalism / President Muhamadu Buhari Speach This Morning 21st August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.