Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks (2847 Views)

Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here / Has Anyone Had Success On Okadabooks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
I started writing online in 2012. There was a lot to learn then, thanks to my readers who took it upon themselves to correct my mistakes. However, it wasn't until 2013 that I ventured out into self-publishing. I started with Amazon and Crestespace. The experience was a sad one as nobody bought my stories.

Later that year, I visited Mary Okeke on her blog and after a few discussions, sent her my ebook, Susan's Diary 1, for review. When the review came out, it wasn't what I expected at all. I jumped for joy. We all know Mary Okeke is blunt. If she didn't enjoy reading a book, she includes it in her review. If the storyline is bad, she includes it. If there are inconsistencies, she includes it. However, after that review, some readers started to take me more seriously. Lol. Then at the end of the year, I got an email from Okadabooks founder, Okechukwu Ofili. He wrote about seeing my review on Mary Okeke's blog and how he wanted the book published on Okadabooks.

At that time, I was at the point of giving up the idea of ever selling a copy, as there was still no sales from Amazon or Createspace. But I told myself, well, if this works, fine. If it doesn't, fine. Before then, I had drafted a storyline for someone who needed it for a movie production. Naive me, didn't get all the details of the person or ask for a down payment. I trusted too much, thinking everyone is like me. After the story was submitted, the person liked it. He then asked that I make certain adjustments, which I did and re-submitted. Unfortunately, that was the end. I never heard from the criminal again and his email seemed to have been deactivated. All messages I sent, bounced. So when I was sending Ofili my works for publishing, there was this voice in my head that said, well, how can you trust him? He might sell and keep the money for himself. Heck! He might even remove your name from the ebooks and sell as his. Hehehehee...

I pushed the thoughts aside and sent him my ebooks. Guess what? Okadabooks became the first platform I made sales of my ebooks. It gave me more readership and since then, I have stuck with the company like glue - from a self - published author on the platform to a team member.

My work with Okadabooks has given me a lot of exposure to book publicity, marketing and book sales. I started to understand why I wasn't moving forward before. And as one who assist young authors to get published on the platform, I have been asked a lot of questions. Below are a few of them:

Will Okadabooks market my ebook?

How much can I charge for an ebook?

Do you think people will buy my ebook?

Is Okadabooks a good platform to publish?

I hear people don't make sales on Okadabooks, is that so?

Why don't people like paying for ebooks on Okadabooks? I see they download only free ebooks.

Then there are those who complained bitterly about their experiences on the platform.

I published on Okadabooks. No sales

Okadabooks refused to advertise my work

I'm disappointed in Okadabooks. What I expected is not what I am getting. Besides, they choose who to promote.

Okadabooks is very poor at helping authors.

Okadabooks only advertise for celebrities. They are a celebrity platform.

I will only put my works on Okadabooks if they are willing to promote me. If not, forget them.

When these sort of complains come up, I try to explain. First, Okadabooks is not publishing house. We are not publishers. The platform is simply like a book shelf for you to showcase your works. Its like having a shade in the market place where you display your goods. After displaying them, it is then left for you to attract buyers or watch them pass you by. I go on to explain those actions that should help get readers interested in buying their ebooks. Some listen and take action, other don't.

However, there are those that keep asking for a step by step guide on how to succeed on the platform. It is for these set that my friends and I are hosting a two days workshop.

It is Themed "Learn The Secret to Self- publishing Success on Okadabooks".

Read the details of the workshop here: http://discuss.okadabooks.com/t/learn-the-secret-to-self-publishing-success-on-okadabooks/393

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by repogirl(f): 11:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
ekaromail:

I started writing online in 2012. There was a lot to learn then, thanks to my readers who took it upon themselves to correct my mistakes. However, it wasn't until 2013 that I ventured out into self-publishing. I started with Amazon and Crestespace. The experience was a sad one as nobody bought my stories.

Later that year, I visited Mary Okeke on her blog and after a few discussions, sent her my ebook, Susan's Diary 1, for review. When the review came out, it wasn't what I expected at all. I jumped for joy. We all know Mary Okeke is blunt. If she didn't enjoy reading a book, she includes it in her review. If the storyline is bad, she includes it. If there are inconsistencies, she includes it. However, after that review, some readers started to take me more seriously. Lol. Then at the end of the year, I got an email from Okadabooks founder, Okechukwu Ofili. He wrote about seeing my review on Mary Okeke's blog and how he wanted the book published on Okadabooks.

At that time, I was at the point of giving up the idea of ever selling a copy, as there was still no sales from Amazon or Createspace. But I told myself, well, if this works, fine. If it doesn't, fine. Before then, I had drafted a storyline for someone who needed it for a movie production. Naive me, didn't get all the details of the person or ask for a down payment. I trusted too much, thinking everyone is like me. After the story was submitted, the person liked it. He then asked that I make certain adjustments, which I did and re-submitted. Unfortunately, that was the end. I never heard from the criminal again and his email seemed to have been deactivated. All messages I sent, bounced. So when I was sending Ofili my works for publishing, there was this voice in my head that said, well, how can you trust him? He might sell and keep the money for himself. Heck! He might even remove your name from the ebooks and sell as his. Hehehehee...

I pushed the thoughts aside and sent him my ebooks. Guess what? Okadabooks became the first platform I made sales of my ebooks. It gave me more readership and since then, I have stuck with the company like glue - from a self - published author on the platform to a team member.

My work with Okadabooks has given me a lot of exposure to book publicity, marketing and book sales. I started to understand why I wasn't moving forward before. And as one who assist young authors to get published on the platform, I have been asked a lot of questions. Below are a few of them:

Why don't people like paying for ebooks on Okadabooks? I see they download only free ebooks.

Then there are those who complained bitterly about their experiences on the platform.

I'm disappointed in Okadabooks. What I expected is not what I am getting. Besides, they choose who to promote.

I will only put my works on Okadabooks if they are willing to promote me. If not, forget them.

When these sort of complains come up, I try to explain. First, Okadabooks is not publishing house. We are not publishers. The platform is simply like a book shelf for you to showcase your works. Its like having a shade in the market place where you display your goods. After displaying them, it is then left for you to attract buyers or watch them pass you by. I go on to explain those actions that should help get readers interested in buying their ebooks. Some listen and take action, other don't.

However, there are those that keep asking for a step by step guide on how to succeed on the platform. It is for these set that my friends and I are hosting a two days workshop.

Read the details of the workshop here: http://discuss.okadabooks.com/t/learn-the-secret-to-self-publishing-success-on-okadabooks/393

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by Divepen1(m): 7:55am On Feb 27, 2017
I couldn't believe it when Sally Kenneth Dadzie of Moskeeda Page made 150,000 naira in a month from just selling her ebooks on Okadabooks. I assumed she must be doing something others are not doing. But I stumbled upon the fact that many Authors are really making it through self publishing on Okadabooks. Even Nollybooks from South Africa have their ebooks on this platform and are selling fast. The most interesting part is that many publishing houses have their ebooks on the platform and are selling really well.

Yet, there are still many young authors yet to make a thousand naira from selling on Okadabooks.

So, what can be the reason for those not selling?
At this workshop, you will encounter Karo Oforofuo, who serves as an inside person. She will give secrets only an insider can give. Details on things that work. You will also encounter Peju Amadi, one of the top 25 Bestselling Okadabooks Authors. She has received many awards for her works.
And Akintayo Akinjide who has a great knowledge about the craft and about Okadabook

It's time to stop writing without any hope of making money. It's time to stop waiting for those publishers who annually, have thousands of books to choose from.
Register to learn the method that works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 11:56am On Feb 28, 2017
I tell a lot of writers, having success in self-publishing is not all about the written work. It is 30% writing and 70% marketing.

So don't miss this opportunity. Follow the link below for more details

http://discuss.okadabooks.com/t/learn-the-secret-to-self-publishing-success-on-okadabooks/393

Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by 1miccza: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
ekaromail:

I'VE been trying to reach out to you on this without success . How can I reach you?

1 Like

Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2017
1miccza:

I'VE been trying to reach out to you on this without success . How can I reach you?

Hello 1miccza, sorry I'm just seeing your comment. You can reach me here jadejay090@gmail.com or whatsapp 08131014028
Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by everton4life(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
angry okadabooks not opening
Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 8:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
everton4life:
angry okadabooks not opening

Yes. We have a technical problem. The technical team are working on it and we hope to be back online very soon.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.
Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by everton4life(m): 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2017
ekaromail:

Yes. We have a technical problem. The technical team are working on it and we hope to be back online very soon.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.
na wa o. and I just completed my book today.

2 Likes

Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 10:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
everton4life:
na wa o. and I just completed my book today.

Please don't cry. You still get to publish your book soon. smiley
Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by everton4life(m): 11:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
ekaromail:

Please don't cry. You still get to publish your book soon. smiley
oga, this your soon will turn to one month , why is it when I was about to publish.

1 Like

Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 6:24am On Mar 06, 2017
everton4life:
oga, this your soon will turn to one month , why is it when I was about to publish.
Na wa o. Being patient is not a crime na. The site is up. You can publish your ebook now. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by Diekola17(f): 10:16am On Mar 06, 2017
I hope to attend.. But by attending the seminar, will the participants be taught how to put up their stories on e platforms like okada books. what I mean to say is that will the participants automatically be allowed to publish their stories on okada books?

1 Like

Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
Diekola17:
I hope to attend.. But by attending the seminar, will the participants be taught how to put up their stories on e platforms like okada books. what I mean to say is that will the participants automatically be allowed to publish their stories on okada books?

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, you can always publish on Okadabooks. You will be shown, step by step, how to publish and promote your works.
Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2017
Guest speakers at the workshop are:

Okadabooks founder, Okechukwu Ofili
And Social media publicity guru, Mrs. Funmi Adebayo.

Don't miss this workshop for anything, as you will be guided, step by step on how to sell more books on the platform. We will be doing more of practical than theory.

Re: Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 8:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
Tell us what you think about the new okadabooks.com draft design. We are aiming to create a more social app, where users and authors can interact seamlessly. As with everything okadabooks, we would love your honest honest feedback:

Please follow the link to comment. We sincerly need your thoughts on the new platform design.

http://discuss.okadabooks.com/t/new-okadabooks-website-exclusive-sneak-peek/472

(1) (Reply)

LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode / Publisher Likes My Story But I Need 180K / TODAY QUOTES: Learning From History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.