Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,984 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Ten Christian Phrases That Sound Absurd To Children - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Christian Phrases That Sound Absurd To Children (368 Views)

The Concept Of God Is Absurd / One Of The Most Absurd Xtian Logic / 5 Popular Phrases That Are Not Actually In The Bible And It's Reference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ten Christian Phrases That Sound Absurd To Children by tobechi74: 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
Out of context, some of the
language used regularly in
church sounds more like it
belongs in some sort of
weird horror movie

Some strange church
sayings are direct quotes
from the Bible, but to
someone not familiar with
the whole story of the Bible,
they’re mind-boggling.
For example, I understand
the term “born again” is in
the Bible, but maybe
preachers should just take a
moment to explain it? I
mean, it’s not like you’re
going to casually mention
the seven-headed beast
rising up to eat the
newborn baby in Revelation,
so why are we so casual
with other confusing terms?
Here are a few that kept me
up at night and what I
thought when I heard them:

1. The Lamb That
Was Slain

a young ram was killed and it is celebrated.why didnt the killer wait for the lamb to grow and be matured before kilin

washed in the blood

h never knew blood was a cleansing agent more powerful than jik until i wemt to church. If my socks should get stainf with blood,wil i use amther blod to wash it!

3 HOLY GHOST

the first time i heard of ghost was when watching scooby doo in cartoon network. i imagined ghost as scary beings. i never knew some were holy

4) born again

self explanatory

5_)
jesus is knocking at the door of your heart

i never knew my heart had a door with a padlock. Kindly tell him the window is open.he can jump in

6) i am not of this world

are you a witch-

7)the lambs book of life
sn after killing the lamb,i would kidnap the book.that is unfai

cool eat my body,drink my blood

sorry,i am not a vampire. Canibalism is a taboo in my vilage

9)guard your heart

but my heart already has a door.if almighty jesus could not breaking, devil wont try so no nid wearin buletprof

1 Like

Re: Ten Christian Phrases That Sound Absurd To Children by toocoded: 12:41am On Feb 26, 2017
Hmmmmm.... grin cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Ash Wednesday Is Today! What Do You Think About It? / The Virtues Of Jumu’ah (friday) Prayer / Why Many Believers May Never Find The Kingdom Of God….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.