Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness (2759 Views)

I Need Dog Urgently / My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help / A Male Boxer Dog Urgently Need For Mating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by bobogee007(m): 7:50am On Feb 26, 2017
I recently got this 9 month old German shepherd which actually was a cross between gsd and rot. The dog is very nice and healthy
One thing about the dog is that it is not SECURITY CONCIOUS at all. This dog doesn't bark or charge at anybody and anybody can chase it away.
I had tried isolating the dog for over some times but it isn't working.
Please help me out my able nairalanders

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Nutase: 8:31am On Feb 26, 2017
Whoever deceived you that the dog in the picture above is a crossbreed between gsd and rot is a scam. That is a confirmed local dog.
Secondly, the environment and food matter. From the picture above even a real foreign dog would transform to an ekuke grin

4 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by bobogee007(m): 10:38am On Feb 26, 2017
No ma/sir. I had known these dog from cradle and in fact I know the parents. Im not just staying with it all these while. And as per the environment. I only took the dog out and I had to sit there. That isn't where the dog stays.
If there is a solution. I would be happy to know

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by bobogee007(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2017
Nutase:
Whoever deceived you that the dog in the picture above is a crossbreed between gsd and rot is a scam. That is a confirmed local dog.
Secondly, the environment and food matter. From the picture above even a real foreign dog would transform to an ekuke grin
No ma/sir. I had known these dog from cradle and in fact I know the parents. Im not just staying with it all these while. And as per the environment. I only took the dog out and I had to sit there. That isn't where the dog stays.
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Nutase: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2017
bobogee007:

The fastest way to make a dog aggressive is to prepare it's food with ogogoro and Igbo.
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by flexshop(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2017
bobogee007:

Sorry to say but the dog doesn't strike me as a gsd/rott. More of a mongrel with trace genes.
About security, it depends on the dogs inherent nature and how the previous owner raised it.
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by bobogee007(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:

Sorry to say but the dog doesn't strike me as a gsd/rott. More of a mongrel with trace genes.
About security, it depends on the dogs inherent nature and how the previous owner raised it.
Yes. I wasn't really raised to be security conscious.

Tats what I want to inhibit in it . and the dog is very destructive suntimes when alone.
Please what could be done
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by bobogee007(m): 10:59am On Feb 26, 2017
Nutase:

The fastest way to make a dog aggressive is to prepare it's food with ogogoro and Igbo.

How sure is this please
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Nutase: 11:01am On Feb 26, 2017
bobogee007:

How sure is this please
Tested and trusted. The combination can even make a goat bark and bite.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by flexshop(m): 11:02am On Feb 26, 2017
Nutase:
Tested and trusted. The combination can even make a goat bark and bite.

This will just make the dog psychotic and become a hazard to humans and itself

This one strong gan

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Nutase: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2017
flexshop:

This will just make the dog psychotic and become a hazard to humans and itself

This one strong gan
it depends on quantity administered
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by theyongest: 11:17am On Feb 26, 2017
Where do you live? I mean, what is your personal space like?
That aside, you just got him and he's still a puppy which means he's still getting adjusted to your space. At his age, even though you should start having an idea of what he's going to grow into, he may just be a late bloomer.
You say he's destructive, that's because he's bored, needs activities to stimulate him. Find him toys when you're not around and make up for it with quality play time when you're around.
Back to your abode. The nature of your environment plays a major role in how quick or otherwise he adjusts to the new place. A dog will perform differently in an open yard from a fenced property. Forget the weed and spirit, it only makes them go bezzerk. Be patient with him, focus on training him right, build his confidence and teach others how to behave around him.
A dog can not protect a territory he hasn't discovered, conquered and marked.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by bobogee007(m): 11:23am On Feb 26, 2017
theyongest:
That aside, you just got him and he's still a puppy which means he's still getting adjusted to your space. At his age, even though you should start having an idea of what he's going to grow into, he may just be a late bloomer.
You say he's destructive, that's because he's bored, needs activities to stimulate him. Find him toys when you're not around and make up for it with quality play time when you're around.
Back to your abode. The nature of your environment plays a major role in how quick or otherwise he adjusts to the new place. A dog will perform differently in an open yard from a fenced property. Forget the weed and spirit, it only makes them go bezzerk. Be patient with him, focus on training him right, build his confidence and teach others how to behave around him.

I stay in a self con apartment and I made sure I located its cage @ the back of the the house where no one would see him except me and one other person.
The dog isn't a puppy anymore. It is 9 months old and I feel it lacks confidence. I just changed the environment tho
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by theyongest: 11:35am On Feb 26, 2017
bobogee007:

I stay in a self con apartment and[b] I[b] made sure I located its cage @ the back of the the house where no one would see him except me and one other person.[/b][/b]
The dog isn't a puppy anymore. It is 9 months old and I feel it lacks confidence. I just changed the environment tho

@ bold.... There lies the problem, only interaction with humans and other dogs build a dog's confidence. You need to either move its cage to where it can see everyone coming and going out (if you have your landlord's permission) or make sure he only sleeps in that hidden place. You're going to have an unstable dog if he doesn't know how to behave around people. Allow him to have a normal dog life (although this maybe hard since you prolly share the compound with other people). No wonder he's trying to compensate for the boredom, he's prolly positioned to face a blank wall, haba!!. Let him roam free with your supervision (but be sure you can control him, or use a leash), that's the only way he can know his territory and conversely protect it.
Well, dogs are still considered puppies untill they're 18months. But that doesn't matter. Cheers.
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by bobogee007(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
theyongest:

@ bold.... There lies the problem, only interaction with humans and other dogs build a dog's confidence. You need to either move its cage to where it can see everyone coming and going out (if you have your landlord's permission) or make sure he only sleeps in that hidden place. You're going to have an unstable dog if he doesn't know how to behave around people. Allow him to have a normal dog life (although this maybe hard since you prolly share the compound with other people). No wonder he's trying to compensate for the boredom, he's prolly positioned to face a blank wall, haba!!. Let him roam free with your supervision (but be sure you can control him, or use a leash), that's the only way he can know his territory and conversely protect it.
Well, dogs are still considered puppies untill they're 18months. But that doesn't matter. Cheers.

But this was what they did to the dog tat made it too friendly with everyone. It won't know who to see and bark and who to see and play. It sees everyone as the owner even@ nyt
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Namdeenero(m): 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
Why would anyone want their dog to be aggressive? Protective yes, but you want them to be a sound, stable dog that only reacts when it feels it or it's pack/family is in a threatening situation. A dog that is just aggressive is a good way to get your ass sued. If you want your dog to be protective on command then you need to give it the proper training to do that. Otherwise you and your dog will have different opinions of what a threatening situation is. I hope you read the news where some dogs attacked and killed a young girl sometime last week.

Your dog is still a pup at 9 months and still has a lot of growing up to do so just let him settle down in his new environment first and don't forget to teach basic attack commands, there are basic ways on the internet that you can trigger your dog into attack mode.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Seun(m): 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
Don't torture dogs to make them aggressive. Sell your dog to someone who wants a friendly dog, and buy a dog that is known to be aggressive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by bobogee007(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
Namdeenero:
Why would anyone want their dog to be aggressive? Protective yes, but you want them to be a sound, stable dog that only reacts when it feels it or it's pack/family is in a threatening situation. A dog that is just aggressive is a good way to get your ass sued. If you want your dog to be protective on command then you need to give it the proper training to do that. Otherwise you and your dog will have different opinions of what a threatening situation is. I hope you read the news where some dogs attacked and killed a young girl sometime last week.

Your dog is still a pup at 9 months and still has a lot of growing up to do so just let him settle down in his new environment first and don't forget to teach basic attack commands, there are basic ways on the internet that you can trigger your dog into attack mode.

. I will need your help on the basic attack commands. Can we chat on whatsapp please
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Immorttal: 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
theyongest:
good one!! Confidence is important if ever one needs a security dog.
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by bobogee007(m): 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
Immorttal:
good one!! Confidence is important if ever one needs a security dog.

Please how do I keep confidence in my dog
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Immorttal: 6:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
bobogee007:

Please how do I keep confidence in my dog
very easy, first dont beat the dog even if it commited a punishable offence (there is no punishable offence in animals because they respond to our attitudes)dont threaten the dog with physical intimidation or hard words, never allow your friends to do so too. Allow the dog to win some games while playing with him for instance the tug of war game( google tug of war with dog) always praise the dog every time and see the confidence kick in. While walking the dog, allow him to be in front and drag the leash anyhow, dont restrain him, teach him the attack command and always praise him and offer treat each time command was answered.Do this effectively and Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Namdeenero(m): 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
bobogee007:

. I will need your help on the basic attack commands. Can we chat on whatsapp please
Teaching a dog to attack on command is not really easy as you need to set aside a lot of time and space and buy protective gear, there are dog training schools around where they board your dog for some months and teach those. My dog underwent 3 months of aggression training. I can only help you with basic obedience training and house training. My female Gsd stays with my mom in a rented apartment so those basic trainings where very neccessary to avoid stories that touch, right now i have a well trained dog that obeys basic trainings like sit, come, go pee/poo, down, heel, fetch and attack cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Rapahel1116: 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2017
Pls I need all dia basic training stuff pls!!!my 9weeks Caucasian too stubborn like anything. I don't knw if I should start d training now.....or wait later .pls someone
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Namdeenero(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Pls I need all dia basic training stuff pls!!!my 9weeks Caucasian too stubborn like anything. I don't knw if I should start d training now.....or wait later .pls someone
Bro basic puppy training should start at 8 weeks, for a stubborn breed like the Caucasian i'd even start at 7 weeks. You can look up Puppy obedience training on google and watch the youtube videos though it takes patience and time
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by DidiLove1: 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nutase:

Imagine the rubbish someone typed and hit send button!
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by MrOreo(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Namdeenero:
Teaching a dog to attack on command is not really easy as you need to set aside a lot of time and space and buy protective gear, there are dog training schools around where they board your dog for some months and teach those. My dog underwent 3 months of aggression training. I can only help you with basic obedience training and house training. My female Gsd stays with my mom in a rented apartment so those basic trainings where very neccessary to avoid stories that touch, right now i have a well trained dog that obeys basic trainings like sit, come, go pee/poo, down, heel, fetch and attack cheesy
Now that's a GSD, Op take note.... how old is it Pls?
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by MrOreo(m): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nutase:
it depends on quantity administered
grin grin grin are u a vet doc??
I think u were right about the dog being ekuke tho..... na confirm bingo I dey see up there cheesy
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Namdeenero(m): 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
MrOreo:

Now that's a GSD, Op take note.... how old is it Pls?
She'll be 2 years old by 29th
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by MrOreo(m): 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Namdeenero:
She'll be 2 years old by 29th
Wow.... it would seem there is still hope for the Op's pup. Did she ever look like the Op's dog at a point in time?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Namdeenero(m): 10:28am On Mar 04, 2017
MrOreo:

Wow.... it would seem there is still hope for the Op's pup. Did she ever look like the Op's dog at a point in time?
Yup i guess, the difference is that one of the Ops' dogs direct parent is a Rottweiler but one of my dogs grand parent is a Rott. I know the Ops pup will turn out great

First pic is my dogs grandma

Second is one of her sibling

Third is my dog at 5 months

Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by MrOreo(m): 11:04am On Mar 04, 2017
Namdeenero:
Yup i guess, the difference is that one of the Ops' dogs direct parent is a Rottweiler but one of my dogs grand parent is a Rott. I know the Ops pup will turn out great

First pic is my dogs grandma

Second is one of her sibling

Third is my dog at 5 months
Third pix is your dog at 5months undecided ?? Op's should be 10 by this month.... Op are u sure this your dog is not of bingo decent?
Re: Please Help My Dog Urgently About Security Consciousness by Namdeenero(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2017
MrOreo:

Third pix is your dog at 5months undecided ?? Op's should be 10 by this month.... Op are u sure this your dog is not of bingo decent?
Doesn't really matter bro, i'm sure the Op loves his dog just the way it is smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out These Rottweiller Puppies For Sale....they Are Just Too Exceptional / Both Sex Purebred Chow Chow Puppies / Where Can I Find An American Akita In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.