Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives (1236 Views)

God Greatest Desire For You In This World / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) / ‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
God detests Polygamy...Let all in the sin repent now for the consequences are grave on earth and heaven.
Read Matt 19:8-9..
God commanded Abraham to send away all his concubines and spent the rest of his life with Sarah. After Sarah's death, Abraham had no wife so he remarried..Still, the enmity between the two most populous religion was by Abrahams polygamy.
Isaac married just one wife seeing the evil in his fathers decisions.
Jacob got a second wife out of deceit..After Gods encounter of changing his name, the second wife died, all the concubines were sent away and Jacob lived with Leah ever after.
God had commanded kings not to have multiple wives, Saul in his first disobedience got several wives but God later rejected him..
David was severely punished as all his wives were publicly raped, he later kept his concubines in a place as they lived in widowhood forever as David never slept with them again. He later spent time with his first wife and lost all sex appetites.
Solomon lost Gods relationship thru idolatry by his multiple wives...
You see no seer, judge, prophet, apostle marries more than one wife.
Paul at a place said church leaders to be appointed must not be in polygamy.
All accounts of Polygamy in scriptures ended in bitterness.
In Pauls voice 'if any man seems to be contentious, we have no such customs, neither the church of God'

1 Like

Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 10:32am On Feb 27, 2017
Let all sincere xtians be bold to preach it so that our ignorant brothers/sisters will no more be led astray!
Polygamy isnt Gods Will, run away from it, it will leave a bitter taste!
However, if you are already in it, repent and turn to God, restitute and stick only to the 'wife of your youth, let her breast satisfy you'...Let the strange women leave, if they had children for you, provide them accommodation and take responsibilities for all your children.
God blesses the repentant heart!
All single ladies, dont be caught in the web! Polygamy is unpopular and God detests it!

1 Like

Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by EazyMoh(m): 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2017
OP wetin concern you?
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
EazyMoh:
OP wetin concern you?
You are a Muslim. Sorry the thread is for Christians!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by EazyMoh(m): 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
enshy:
You are a Muslim. Sorry the thread is for Christians!
OK o carry on.
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
enshy:
Let all sincere xtians be bold to preach it so that our ignorant brothers/sisters will no more be led astray!
Polygamy isnt Gods Will, run away from it, it will leave a bitter taste!
However, if you are already in it, repent and turn to God, restitute and stick only to the 'wife of your youth, let her breast satisfy you'...Let the strange women leave, if they had children for you, provide them accommodation and take responsibilities for all your children.
God blesses the repentant heart!
All single ladies, dont be caught in the web! Polygamy is unpopular and God detests it!

I, honestly, don't know how the men and women involved in it, do it?
I see no happiness but rather jealousy, competition, strife, diseases, emotional problems for the children....etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by solbil: 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
enshy:
God detests Polygamy...Let all in the sin repent now for the consequences are grave on earth and heaven.
Read Matt 19:8-9..
God commanded Abraham to send away all his concubines and spent the rest of his life with Sarah. After Sarah's death, Abraham had no wife so he remarried..Still, the enmity between the two most populous religion was by Abrahams polygamy.
Isaac married just one wife seeing the evil in his fathers decisions.
Jacob got a second wife out of deceit..After Gods encounter of changing his name, the second wife died, all the concubines were sent away and Jacob lived with Leah ever after.
God had commanded kings not to have multiple wives, Saul in his first disobedience got several wives but God later rejected him..
David was severely punished as all his wives were publicly raped, he later kept his concubines in a place as they lived in widowhood forever as David never slept with them again. He later spent time with his first wife and lost all sex appetites.
Solomon lost Gods relationship thru idolatry by his multiple wives...
You see no seer, judge, prophet, apostle marries more than one wife.
Paul at a place said church leaders to be appointed must not be in polygamy.
All accounts of Polygamy in scriptures ended in bitterness.
In Pauls voice 'if any man seems to be contentious, we have no such customs, neither the church of God'

so its no longer "insatiable desire for sex", but now "insatiable desire for multiple wives". Good you learnt something from the education i provided in the other thread. That means my effort wasn't a waste.

I am not a professional debater. I have been warned several times by those who know me not to engage in fruitless arguement. But i encourage you to seek your own truth; "seek and you shall find; knock and the door will be opened". Enjoy your sincere quest for knowledge and wisdom. I drop my pen here.
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by solbil: 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
MZLady39:

I see no happiness but rather jealousy, competition, strife, diseases, emotional problems for the children....etc.

your puzzlement is a genuine one. But i guarantee you that it exists. I know that no matter how hard i explain to you, you still wouldn't change your stance knowing fully well that christians and Africans our generation have lost all idea of polygamy. But i can assure you that i am from polygamous home and we do not have those issues you are concerned about. The many other polygamous homes i know are like mine too.

If you don't want it, then don't do it! Its that's simple! I can defend you in court if any man wants to ride you and bring another woman you don't consent to.

Lastly, and i am going to drop my pen here: polygamy is as valid as monogamy, and monogamy is as valid as singlehood/celibacy. Which everone you choose is pleasant in the sight of the christian God. Bye!
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
solbil:

so its no longer "insatiable desire for sex", but now "insatiable desire for multiple wives". Good you learnt something from the education i provided in the other thread. That means my effort wasn't a waste.

I am not a professional debater. I have been warned several times by those who know me not to engage in fruitless arguement. But i encourage you to seek your own truth; "seek and you shall find; knock and the door will be opened". Enjoy your sincere quest for knowledge and wisdom. I drop my pen here.
So why would a polygamist marry many wives if not to gratify his flesh and fulfil his sexual desires?
Insatiable desire for sex is why the drive to multiply women in the guise of marriage is rampant...Its a lowly thinking for any man to think many wives will satisfy his inordinate desire for sex, with multiply wives, they still chase girlfriends and concubines.
If the men wont stop, the women would!
Women would not allow themselves to be used like that anymore! One man:One woman is fair.
As for the fruits of polygamy, Gods mercy covers them and we beg in Gods name that they make not the mistake their Fathers made as Isaac did. Though Abraham at a time had few wives, he repented nd restituted, then commanded his servant to get a wife for Isaac so Isaac had one wife throughout his life.
My brother, any man in polygamy is in sin and needs to repent and restitute asap!
'He that hath an hear, let him hear'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
MZLady39:

Very correct my dear!
How about parental training? How easy is it going to be? Most fruits of polygamy are actually raised by the women! The men rarely take serious responsibilities for training save to give money, if the man is rich...If not rich, the woman takes care of all!
The women have been the object of this ridicule called Polygamy! God detests it! The Bible says 'for the sake of fornication, let every man have his wife, not wives - just one'. Gods plan is always perfect, this way you can manage your home properly, train your children, love your wife and build a home that glorofies God.
We need mothers like suzzana wesley who raised 9 pastors out of 12 children, what dedication to parental training!
Let all parents seek not to have children but to train and build them up in the ways of God and become useful to the society.
May God stir our hearts all to fulfill all His Will in all things! Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
solbil:

your puzzlement is a genuine one. But i guarantee you that it exists. I know that no matter how hard i explain to you, you still wouldn't change your stance knowing fully well that christians and Africans our generation have lost all idea of polygamy. But i can assure you that i am from polygamous home and we do not have those issues you are concerned about. The many other polygamous homes i know are like mine too.

If you don't want it, then don't do it! Its that's simple! I can defend you in court if any man wants to ride you and bring another woman you don't consent to.

Lastly, and i am going to drop my pen here: polygamy is as valid as monogamy, and monogamy is as valid as singlehood/celibacy. Which everone you choose is pleasant in the sight of the christian God. Bye!

Hi,
I honestly didn't know that Christians and Africans of this generation don't practice polygamy...cause

1. I was neither raised nor have ever lived in Nigeria.
2. I've heard many current stories of polygamy occurring.

There are always exceptions to the rule..which I'm glad that you grew up without any lasting effects...but that has not been the case overall from what I've read.

Yes I don't want it and yes I won't do it...but that's irrelevant at the moment.
I don't have to be considering polygamy in order to comment on it. It's just something that I don't know much about..although the Mormon religion (based in Utah, USA) still practices it today.

....polygamy is as valid as monogamy, and monogamy is as valid as singlehood/celibacy. Which everone you choose is pleasant in the sight of the christian God. Bye!
I don't quite agree with the statement....

But you don't have to get so belligerent about the topic. Sir/madame if you want to do it...then by all means...go ahead. And don't "drop" your pen, just place it down nicely.
It's not a bad thing to have a sensible discussion without abusing an inanimate object...
Take care

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
MZLady39:

Hi,
I honestly didn't know that Christians and Africans of this generation don't practice polygamy...cause

There are always exceptions to the rule..which I'm glad that you grew up without any lasting effects...but that has not been the case overall from what I've read.

Yes I don't want it and yes I won't do it...but that's irrelevant at the moment.
I don't have to be considering polygamy in order to comment on it. It's just something that I don't know much about..although the Mormon religion (based in Utah, USA) still practices it today.

....polygamy is as valid as monogamy, and monogamy is as valid as singlehood/celibacy. Which everone you choose is pleasant in the sight of the christian God. Bye!

But you don't have to get so belligerent about the topic. Sir/madame if you want to do it...then by all means...go ahead. And don't "drop" your pen, just place it down nicely.
It's not a bad thing to have a sensible discussion without abusing an inanimate object...
Take care
Why would a man want to marry many wives yet still pursuing concubines outside?
What is he looking for if not sex?
Those days, we heard it was for farm work...Are there farms in cities too?
My issue is the craze for sex, sex and sex as if thats all some men gain from women.
Women are blessed with much more!
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 02, 2017
enshy:

My issue is the craze for sex, sex and sex as if thats all some men gain from women.

Well sex is very powerful and it's an addiction like anything else. The enemy knows our weaknesses...and tempts us deeply through them.
We have to be prayerful for all to overcome.
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Polygamy isnt Gods Will! Society is against it, Morals against it. Its enough for a man to have a wife!!
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Polygamy isnt Gods Will! Society is against it, Morals against it. Its enough for a man to have a wife!!
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2017
Polygamy is ADULTERY! God detests it.
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
enshy:
Polygamy is ADULTERY!
God detests it.
Pls, i ve just a simple kwestion to ask....

What does your god approve? Because he virtually detests everything from been a gynaecologist to now polygamist.....
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
You are obviously a learner!
God doesnt hate being a gynaecologist, the xtian only ensures his purity and salvation by being watchful and avoid pitfalls regardless of his profession, job, career or gain. When he loses his peace, the xtian can quit or give up anything to ensure he is always on same page with his Lord...Hope you get it now?
As for polygamy, Gods command is One Man, One Wife...Even the earthly courts will not join a man to multiple wives..Heaven Minded saints should know and act better..We are always ahead of the World!

cc: adepeter26
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
enshy:
You are obviously a learner!
God doesnt hate being a gynaecologist, the xtian only ensures his purity and salvation by being watchful and avoid pitfalls regardless of his profession, job, career or gain. When he loses his peace, the xtian can quit or give up anything to ensure he is always on same page with his Lord...Hope you get it now?
As for polygamy, Gods command is One Man, One Wife...Even the earthly courts will not join a man to multiple wives..Heaven Minded saints should know and act better..We are always ahead of the World!

cc: adepeter26
Sharrap bro. You and your myopic cabals used bible verses to support sh!ts on that thread. And you are here saying "am a learner".
BTW, when did I say your god hates male gynaes?

You still haven't answered my question "what exactly does the god of this generation approve" cos the last time I checked, Abraham had concubine, Solomon had wifesis and concubinesis, David too gbenshed.
Weren't they men from god's heart?
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by solbil: 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2017
enshy:

see you forming feminmist. The last time i checked, Polygamy does not make a man more promiscuous than monogamy does. If a man is promiscuous, then he is, peroid! There are men who go into monogamy just for the sex too, what do you call that? At least, Paul alluded to it that "...for the sake of the flesh, get marry one". And by this, he didn't mean a unity, one. For the number of wives one could marry was not the issue, but the issue was about dedication to the work of God. Some were argueing that it is better not to be married since getting married can hinder the work of God. So he wrote a letter to them telling them, he would have loved it if all were like him and could hold themselves, but instead of burning with passion, just get married.

Also, was sex the reason Abraham, Jacob, Lamech, David, Solomon etc took another wife? You people love holding on stubbornly to preconcentions and preconvictions and you will twist which ever scripture available to you just to get your way.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
solbil:

see you forming feminmist. The last time i checked, Polygamy does not make a man more promiscuous than monogamy does. If a man is promiscuous, then he is, peroid! There are men who go into monogamy just for the sex too, what do you call that? At least, Paul alluded to it that "...for the sake of the flesh, get marry one". And by this, he didn't mean a unity, one. For the number of wives one could marry was not the issue, but the issue was about dedication to the work of God. Some were argueing that it is better not to be married since getting married can hinder the work of God. So he wrote a letter to them telling them, he would have loved it if all were like him and could hold themselves, but instead of burning with passion, just get married.

Also, was sex the reason Abraham, Jacob, Lamech, David, Solomon etc took another wife? You people love holding on stubbornly to preconcentions and preconvictions and you will twist which ever scripture available to you just to get your way.
Truth you get time o-o... Na ensh.y You ṣdae follow yarn.

Channel your energy to other relevant threads jare
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by solbil: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by solbil: 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
MZLady39:

Hi,

Take care

it is not the exception. I remember telling you that many polygamous homes i know are like mine.

Also, you should take a survey before you know what is majority and what is not. You can also come to the other thread i invited enshy to so that we could have a better debate upon it.

All the issues you hear exists in polygamy, exists in monogamy too in equal or even far greater measure.
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2017
solbil:

it is not the exception. I remember telling you that many polygamous homes i know are like mine.

Also, you should take a survey before you know what is majority and what is not. You can also come to the other thread i invited enshy to so that we could have a better debate upon it.

All the issues you hear exists in polygamy, exists in monogamy too in equal or even far greater measure.
Im sorry your justification is vague, it seems like that of an atheist!
The atheist also says that there is nothing the xtian enjoys or suffers that others dont.
Aside that, to claim that polygamy doesnt come with unique crisis is false. Everyone knows this save you who is bent on marrying multiple women...And what value does multiple wives add anyway?
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
adepeter26:

Sharrap bro. You and your myopic cabals used bible verses to support sh!ts on that thread. And you are here saying "am a learner".
BTW, when did I say your god hates male gynaes?

You still haven't answered my question "what exactly does the god of this generation approve" cos the last time I checked, Abraham had concubine, Solomon had wifesis and concubinesis, David too gbenshed.
Weren't they men from god's heart?
Simple He approves the Jesus kind of life.
You cant shut me up!
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
adepeter26:

Truth you get time o-o... Na ensh.y You ṣdae follow yarn.

Channel your energy to other relevant threads jare
You hate ensh.y this much?
Anyway, ensh.y wants you to know he loves you unconditionally but on the issue of his God, Master and service to Him, he will disagree with you till death!
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
solbil:

You tell us what you hope to gain by marrying many wives?
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by solbil: 11:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
enshy:

Im sorry your justification is vague, it seems like that of an theist!
The atheist also says that there is nothing the xtian enjoys or suffers that others dont.
Aside that, to claim that polygamy doesnt come with unique crisis is false. Everyone knows this save you who is bent on marrying multiple women...And what value does multiple wives add anyway?

"vague justification" about what? Care to explain further?

And yes, you guessed right, i am an atheist, with a little better than average understanding of christianity and christian teaching. I believe this should not be a problem for you to just get hooked on and say "oh, since you are not a christian, you definitely cannot understand things of the kingdom". That would rather be a cheap way out.

And yes, the atheist is right when he tells you there is nothing the christian enjoys or suffers that everyone else does not suffer or enjoy. It says: "my sun shines on the just and the unjust alike"--- Gospel of mathew.

Polygamy may have its unique challenges same was as monogamy, singlehood/celebacy/gaymarriage all have their own challenges. Which is why i said they are all equally valid! The other lady disagreed with me and probably believe i was talking nonsense. But when you see the unique challenges of monogamy, you don't use it to denounce monogamy. So why do that with polygamy? What all the hate and all the effort to demonise a thing you don't see yourself ever taking part in?

And as for "what value has it added...", the same value monogamy has added too. Emotional and psycological support, financial support etc. I know at this point, some people will come out and say "what are you saying?". But isn't it right in your very eyes Peter Paquare had an issue with his brothers over money? Have you forgotten that? The issue was so painful that it threatened to pull the family apart and his twin had to sing a song in tears reporting them to their late parents? Are they not monogamy?

Despite all the things i have said here, you will still stubbornly hold on to that idea of yours God hates polygamy. Wake up, brother!
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by solbil: 11:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
enshy:

You tell us what you hope to gain by marrying many wives?

and not to forget, doing things are easier when you have a large home. Chores, etc. Someone is always available to take care of the kids. No wonder those of us from proper polygamous homes are more accomodating than you guys.

Although this is not just the benefit of polygamy, but of a large home including monogamy. And polygamy doesn not have to be unnecesarily large. How many women want to have more than 3kids today. You have 2 wives and they have 3kids each. That means it is a house hold of 9people. The man is working, the women own their businesses. They should be able to maintain that home.
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by enshy: 11:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
solbil:

"vague justification" about what? Care to explain further?

And yes, you guessed right, i am an atheist, with a little better than average understanding of christianity and christian teaching. I believe this should not be a problem for you to just get hooked on and say "oh, since you are not a christian, you definitely cannot understand things of the kingdom". That would rather be a cheap way out.

And yes, the atheist is right when he tells you there is nothing the christian enjoys or suffers that everyone else does not suffer or enjoy. It says: "my sun shines on the just and the unjust alike"--- Gospel of mathew.

Polygamy may have its unique challenges same was as monogamy, singlehood/celebacy/gaymarriage all have their own challenges. Which is why i said they are all equally valid! The other lady disagreed with me and probably believe i was talking nonsense. But when you see the unique challenges of monogamy, you don't use it to denounce monogamy. So why do that with polygamy? What all the hate and all the effort to demonise a thing you don't see yourself ever taking part in?

And as for "what value has it added...", the same value monogamy has added too. Emotional and psycological support, financial support etc. I know at this point, some people will come out and say "what are you saying?". But isn't it right in your very eyes Peter Paquare had an issue with his brothers over money? Have you forgotten that? The issue was so painful that it threatened to pull the family apart and his twin had to sing a song in tears reporting them to their late parents? Are they not monogamy?

Despite all the things i have said here, you will still stubbornly hold on to that idea of yours God hates polygamy. Wake up, brother!
It wasnt a guess...I knew!
This doctrine is way to big for you to understand.
You cant understand God's existence, how would you the mystery of marriage?
Im sorry but I shouldnt cast pearls before swine!
If you want to talk about God, that Ild oblige you but anything else its really not necessary.
Thank You.
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 19, 2017
enshy:

You hate ensh.y this much?
Anyway, ensh.y wants you to know he loves you unconditionally but on the issue of his God, Master and service to Him, he will disagree with you till death!
Maka why I go hate you nA? Haba,, anyways, it seems you hate yourself because I never mentioned a think synonymous to hatred here
Re: Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 19, 2017
enshy:

Simple He approves the Jesus kind of life.
You cant shut me up!
No meaningful answer. cry I understand,...

Oyah nxt person biko

(1) (2) (Reply)

Instant Healing From Stroke Of Archbishop George Amu Of C.A.N (pictures) / Major Accident At Dunamis Glory Sanctuary Construction Site In Abuja / A Bible verse for hair cut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.