Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) (25938 Views)

AMVCA 2017: Full Winners List / Oscars 2017 Live – Oscars Awards 2017 / Oscars 2017: Oscars 2017: 2 Black Screenwriters Earn Oscar Noms For First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 11:00am On Mar 02, 2017
Kaycee7:
Logan is Fox, not MCU. Marvel has only one studio, Marvel Studios. Explain visual quality
Marvel I meant is the comic book itself which every movie is an adaptation of, whether or not the character are licensed to other company doesn't matter, the diversification of ideas is a great contributor to its cinematic success so far. DC doesn't have a studio like marvel does which limits creativity, like in BVS where Zack had little to no say on his adaptation and vision

Visual quality? If u don't know wat that means am sorry I can't help u
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Kaycee7(m): 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
majour:
Marvel I meant is the comic book itself which every movie is an adaptation of, whether or not the character are licensed to other company doesn't matter, the diversification of ideas is a great contributor to its cinematic success so far. DC doesn't have a studio like marvel does which limits creativity, like in BVS where Zack had little to no say on his adaptation and vision

Visual quality? If u don't know wat that means am sorry I can't help u
I want to hear your understanding of visual quality before agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion of DC being the best in that field.

P.S: MCU stands for Marvel Cinematic Universe meaning all movies taking place in the new setting created by Marvel Studios. So while shows like Agents of Shield, Daredevil, e.t.c belong to the MCU, movies like Fantastic Four, X-Men do not. Just clearing any confusion you might have.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Shittaakeem(m): 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
majour:
I bet you didn't see Logan last week, it was amazing, the MCU has come that far, I enjoyed it a lot, all am saying is, people should give DC a chance to fail and make good of their failure not punish/curse on the production, marvel has two studios, that's two tank load of ideas, there isn't any DC studio, it all warner brothers production, give them a chance, but one thing is for sure, compared to visual quality, DC got the ball rolling on perfection

what perfection ?

List any dceu movie that has been nominated for best visual effects at the oscars.

The perfection I see in terms of visual effects is marvel.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
Shittaakeem:

what perfection ?

List any dceu movie that has been nominated for best visual effects at the oscars.

The perfection I see in terms of visual effects is marvel.
Lols, another joker, I get it tho, have u seen man of steel? If no, then I can't help , and which MCU movie was nominated?
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Shittaakeem(m): 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
majour:
Lols, another joker, I get it tho, have u seen man of steel? If no, then I can't help , and which MCU movie was nominated?

Iron man trilogy
captain America winter soldier
Guardians of the galaxy
Doctor Strange
I've seen man of steel and it wasn't nominated for an Oscar.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
Shittaakeem:

Iron man trilogy
captain America winter soldier
Guardians of the galaxy
Doctor Strange
I've seen man of steel and it wasn't nominated for an Oscar.
grin

Alright sir but suicide squad did get an Oscar ryt, weird thing too, to think it was a shitty movie with dumb make ups, imagine when WB starts making good movies with great make ups, grin its all for the fun of it, for me as a person, MCU is a joke fest, its only good for a quick laugh, man of steel, batman v superman extended cut, that there is a movie that relates to life, as I said, for me, ur opinion and what works for u may differ
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Shittaakeem(m): 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
majour:
grin

Alright sir but suicide squad did get an Oscar ryt, weird thing too, to think it was a shitty movie with dumb make ups, imagine when WB starts making good movies with great make ups, grin its all for the fun of it, for me as a person, MCU is a joke fest, its only good for a quick laugh, man of steel, batman v superman extended cut, that there is a movie that relates to life, as I said, for me, ur opinion and what works for u may differ

Yeah right Oscar award in make up.it was and will be a shitty movie. look at the category make up. Neither visual effects nor costume.
That joke fest is worth 11bn dollars.
One of the biggest franchise in Hollywood.
Has 4 movies on the list of all time highest grossing Hollywood movie of all time.
And finally the joke fest is the highest grossing Hollywood franchise of all time surpassing harry potter Lord of the rings etc.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2017
Shittaakeem:

Yeah right Oscar award in make up.it was and will be a shitty movie. look at the category make up. Neither visual effects nor costume.
That joke fest is worth 11bn dollars.
One of the biggest franchise in Hollywood.
Has 4 movies on the list of all time highest grossing Hollywood movie of all time.
And finally the joke fest is the highest grossing Hollywood franchise of all time surpassing harry potter Lord of the rings etc.
Lols, I like the chest beating, records are meant to be broken, they've had 8yrs to build their cinematic universe grossing 11billion, time has a funny way of showing true success, let us see how the story plays out.

But 8yrs with billions and no Oscar, even in the make up category, seems weird to me, but ofcus, its all about the money ryt grin
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Buike8: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
Are u for real?? Mahershala Ali in hidden figures??.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Buike8: 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ruth is the least deserving nominee for an oscar after Meryl. I dont think u have seen LA LA land cos if u have, u won't dispute d fact that Emma stone deserved dat oscar
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Buike8: 5:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
viola Davis has a great acting depth
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Buike8: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
I believe in merit rather than prejudice. if african -Americans want to be recognized, they need to step up and not blame everything on racial discrimination. Didnt moonlight win best picture which is d biggest award for d night. In my own opinion, the oscar winners deserved it. Denzel Washington is one of my favorite actors Bt Cassey affleck deserved d award. denzel was great in fences bt he had to put in a lot of effort but Cassey affleck brilliantly played out his role effortlessly. He became the role. As for Emma and Ruth, see loving and LA LA land and judge for urself
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Kaycee7(m): 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2017
majour:
grin

MCU is a joke fest? The hate is strong in this one. Iron Man suffers from PTSD, Banner has to continually repress his feelings, Captain America has to adjust his outdated values to match a modern progressive world, The Avengers have to live with the casualties of their battles against enemies. But who cares? It's all a big joke
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 7:55pm On Mar 04, 2017
Kaycee7:
MCU is a joke fest? The hate is strong in this one. Iron Man suffers from PTSD, Banner has to continually repress his feelings, Captain America has to adjust his outdated values to match a modern progressive world, The Avengers have to live with the casualties of their battles against enemies. But who cares? It's all a big joke
Lols, screaming ur opinion at me won't change mine, I bet they were living with their guilt that was why deh refused to sign the treaty, but yeah, as the comedian will say, its all a joke
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by soulfood(m): 10:18am On Mar 05, 2017
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Equal2DeTask(m): 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
sniperr007:

I wanted denzel cos his oratory was gr8 in fences but Casey Affleck was gr8 also.
As for Beyoncé, do u ve her album? If u do, can u listen to all d so gs without skipping any? With Adele u can listen without skipping any, also Beyoncé's songs ve max 6months life span and dry fade but adele lasts longer.

My opinion adele is a beta singer dan Beyoncé.
ur opinion is nt the best...
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by MJBOLT: 10:26am On Mar 06, 2017
majour:
Lols, I like the chest beating, records are meant to be broken, they've had 8yrs to build their cinematic universe grossing 11billion, time has a funny way of showing true success, let us see how the story plays out.

But 8yrs with billions and no Oscar, even in the make up category, seems weird to me, but ofcus, its all about the money ryt grin

Razzies DCEU: Four wins, MCU: Zero

Even the worst of MCU movies is better than the best of DCEU movies. And it's sad, honestly. And I'm not a hater, but can DC stick to LEGO movies, maybe? It would be better for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Profile Of Kess, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Close To Disqualification From The Big Brother House / Watch These Comedy Skits By A Nairalander.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.