Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Nigerian Police Vs Amnesty International - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Police Vs Amnesty International (539 Views)

My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / Police Vs Nepa / Police Vs Soldiers On Ikorodu Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Vs Amnesty International by Paaigba(m): 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2009
Yet again Nigerian Police has been grossly indicted, this time with Racial killings with most of this events uninvestigated, and when it is, report are not publicized clearly indicative of poor Nigeria Human rights record in this democratic era. With this poor records, it is expected that the Police could be cheaply indicted by Amnesty international.

For all I care, Amnesty international is a humanitarian organization and oversees contemporary world events which has to do with Human rights abuses, corruption, etc diseases and hunger in rare cases. They are not being influenced by nations, organizations or individual. Then, why would they write this about Nigeerian Police?

It is very sad that in our 10 years of democracy, our Police is not leaving up to expectation of the structure instituting it. I have had a personal experience where a Policeman pulled a trigger at an Okada rider just because the rider refused him of 20 Naira. It is really shameful. If the Okada rider had been killed, they will report killing at the seen of a robbery on the struggling Okada man who is simply trying to make a leaving.

We have corrupt police everywhere in the world but I think how's should strive after Police force that have succeeded. What business does the Police have standing on the highway collecting money, yet apprehending those accused of corruption. Is Collection of 20-100 Naira on the highway lesser corruption? The answer is NO

The Police PRO went on air to dissociate themselves from the claim. It makes it more worrisome whereas the Police would have gone back to the drawing board and re-strategies. Its a shame. NPF please "WAKE UP"
Re: Nigerian Police Vs Amnesty International by Luvties(m): 4:15am On Dec 12, 2009
The FGN and we the public are really not doing justice to the members of NPF! The Police that are known to be our friends are always be accused unneccesarily, without honestly looking at the main reasons that indulge them into such act of corruptions!

When the living standard of the Police is enhance, i tell you we will surely have a better Policing in Nigeria!
Imagine a situation where you'll be paid 20-30k as salary, a family man with Children, how can he carter for the needs of the family with such an amount?

I mostly hate the activities of LASTMA here in Lagos state than our brothers, sisters, uncles and anties in NPF.

The name NPF is still the best, member under the umbrella needs our individual supports and the FGN to improve their standard generally!

Except and untill then we will be boasting of having an efficient Nigeria Police Force!!!

(1) (Reply)

New Interest Rate / A Celebration Of Joy . / Graphics / Website Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.