Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Benue Bans Ogogoro - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Bans Ogogoro (5176 Views)

Benue South Tribunal: David Mark In Court, Refuses To Enter Witness Box / NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by asunaobi(m): 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2009
Rat with long nose is a good rat but the one with short nose is bad and evil. Imported gins and wines are good for the state but local brews are bad. Why not put incentives in place for this local brewers to improve on the quality of ogogoro and encourage them to grow instead of destroy them.

You said it all, jobs need to be created by the state for all these youths who engage themselves in excessive alcohol consumption. Most of these impoverished people drink excessively because of frustration and lack of hope in life.

To me, the leaders in Benue state are the cause of the social and economic breakdown because of their lack of forsight and proper logical planning and not Ogogoro.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Akaraiwe(m): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2009
asunaobi:

Rat with long nose is a good rat but the one with short nose is bad and evil. Imported gins and wines are good for the state but local brews are bad. Why not put incentives in place for this local brewers to improve on the quality of ogogoro and encourage them to grow instead of destroy them.
nwanne abeg tell them
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by 1luvkipsus: 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2009
This's old news.but then its a right step in d right direction.only God knows how many lives have bin lost & rendered useless by this poisonous drink in Benue state.I pray & hope that d ban will be fully implemented.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by oge4real(f): 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2009
Ban ogogoro? More money for the peddlers.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by dominique(f): 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2009
they should ban all forms of alcohol in that state, drinking is like a second hobby to those people (first hobby. . . you know what lipsrsealed)
question is. . .exactly how are they going to implement the ban?
Benue is a friggin large state, and most of it is rural and law enforcement in these areas is almost non-existent.
i was serving there when the FRSC came out with the crash helmet law. while they were busy announcing all over the media how offenders will be severely persecuted if caught, bike-men and passengers alike were still going around without the helmets and nothing was done about it.
if they cant do anything about that in the open and broad daylight. how much more ogogoro that someone can easily brew in the corner of his room and distribute in the dark ?
i weep for this country.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by vislabraye(m): 11:52pm On Dec 13, 2009
Since when has Benue become a Sharia state?? They can as well ban illicit shagging
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by AloyEmeka6: 4:59am On Dec 14, 2009
How did Lucky Luciano make his millions in 1920's Chicago ?. Profiteering through illegal importation of apeteshi because ogogoro was banned.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Simonwal: 6:18am On Dec 14, 2009
Some gov s are insane and even pple that are contributing to this thread are unfair in their judgement
many pple died everyday cos of bad road,bad water etc.make mr gov make good road a priority not ogogoro stuff
thats nigerian for you,they make trivial things look important,if you ask mr gov how much he has use combating Ogogoro,he will tell you "billions"

Apart from banning of Ogogoro saga,i havent heard one tangible thing done by mr gov
ogogoro is never our probl for now,
THEM NEED ELECTRICITY,GOOD ROAD,GOOD WATER, ETC
ACCIDENT THEY CLAIM LIFE PASS OGOGORO DUE TO BAD ROAD
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by santanovva(m): 7:13am On Dec 14, 2009
Fact is no law favours EVERYBODY. It must hurt some and please some. However, in this Ogogoro case, it seems to be targeted against the POOR - those who cant afford to go for premium(are they premium?) alcoholic drinks!

Does, the law define what ogogoro is?Does the law specify the contents of ogororo?what makes ogogoro ogogoro and different from shepe, opa-eyin and the rest ?

Truth is ogogoro is a LOCAL ALCOHOLIC DRINK . if the government want to hit against alcohol consumption, why just ogogoro? (hey, I no be ogogoro fan o!).

Crude as this may sound, some people eke out their livelihood via the production and sale of this drink and banning it is just like taking away the air from their lungs! (or should they go and become militants in order to feed?).

I think instead of banning ogogoro, the producers could be sensitized on how to make it better and safer (even other alcoholic drinks have their defects) for human consumption.

Well, since our gofment bad, with no job for ghettoman, I suggest the ogogoro producers should adopt DORA STYLE in their trade: LET THEM REBRAND OGOGORO and give it a new name like Ogosky, Cuskigbaski (any suggestion?)

Good drink, for Good people!!
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by AloyEmeka6: 7:22am On Dec 14, 2009
santanovva:

Fact is no law favours EVERYBODY. It must hurt some and please some. However, in this Ogogoro case, it seems to be targeted against the POOR - those who cant afford to go for premium(are they premium?) alcoholic drinks!

Does, the law define what ogogoro is?Does the law specify the contents of ogororo?what makes ogogoro ogogoro and different from shepe, opa-eyin and the rest ?

Truth is ogogoro is  a LOCAL ALCOHOLIC DRINK . if the government want to hit against alcohol consumption, why just ogogoro? (hey, I no be ogogoro fan o!).

Crude as this may sound, some people eke out their livelihood via the production and sale of this drink and  banning it is just like taking away the air from their lungs! (or should they go and become militants in order to feed?).

I think instead of banning ogogoro, the producers could be sensitized on how to make it better and safer (even other alcoholic drinks have their defects) for human consumption.

Well, since our gofment bad, with no job for ghettoman, I suggest the ogogoro producers should adopt DORA STYLE in their trade: LET THEM REBRAND OGOGORO and give it a new name like Ogosky, Cuskigbaski (any suggestion?)

Good drink, for Good people!!

Do you know how many kilos of maize they destroy everyday to make this ogogoro/shepe/apetesi/opa-eyin?. Do you know how many children we can feed per day with the corn/millet they destroy daily for that nonsense?
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by igboboy1(m): 8:36am On Dec 14, 2009
Thunder fire the Governor of benue left yansh, He think say na everybody fit afford henessey and moet, those one na for the Alhajis/bigger boys/
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2009
I dont believe people will oppose the decision of the governor.Cant people just be reasonable for once.Alcohol has great effect on internal organs especially the liver and the governor is trying to rebrand his people that are number in drinking and f.u.c.king
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by 2mmoney: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2009
is it only ogogoro that is not good for the body?brandy, what of whisky and brandy also spirit and beer or didn't the gov. know that they too contain alcohol. The ban is meretricious and discriminatory. It is either you want alcohol or not. don't ban only the alcohol that is the poor can afford.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by iorhenter(m): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2009
Placing a bann on Ogogoro is a step in the Right direction, but more still has to be done. I pray Mr. Gov looks at other problems and also takes a giant stride and he has done this one.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by santanovva(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2009
@aloy -emeka
Do you know how many kilos of maize they destroy everyday to make this ogogoro/shepe/apetesi/opa-eyin?. Do you know how many children we can feed per day with the corn/millet they destroy daily for that nonsense?

Guy, did you say maize is being destroyed in order to produce ogogoro? Easy! You could as well say that eggs are being destroyed so that we could have ice-cream!

Of course, its a production requirement based on economic decision:which would produce greater/better income. maize or ogogoro? if the producer feels that selling the maize as maize (to feed the children as you say) is better for his pocket, he goes ahead and if not, he seeks an alternative!

Point is the ban lacks content!
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by onwedee(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2009
Does this mean that everybody in Benue are drunks
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 14, 2009
They are not only drunkards but modafukas
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2009
If you ban Ogogoro, you must ban Indian Hemp, Cocaine, Gum, Garri, Smokes and Agboo (local herbs mixed with gin)

Citizens can easily lay their hands on these illicit drugs when Ogogoro is out of sight and can become dependent on them.

What the governor should be doing is reducing the tax on breweries in the state to allow for easy access to Gulder, Stout, Star, Harp and Schnapps. grin
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by kehindebad(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2009
pure Double Standards jo

why dem no ban all the "Star", "Harp" etc,

no bi alcohol dey inside?

like someone said, make dem just increase tax on brewries
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nezan(m): 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
onwedee:

Does this mean that everybody in Benue are drunks

~Bluetooth:

The bolded statement above is very disrespectul of the Benue people and I disagree with it. Which parts of the country drinks more alcohol and womanise? is it not in Nigeria's cosmopolitan centres? how many cosmopolitan cities are there in Benue? I think it is a great disrespect on the hard working people of Benue who have been working to feed the Nation, as well as our great sons and daughters who are in the top echelons of Nigeria's ruling Government as well as the International community to utter such rubbish about our people.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by kokoA(m): 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2009
~Bluetooth:

You are a full grown bastard. Idiot of your types should be kept away from human beings. Thunder strike that your suck-away of a mouth wey you use the insult my people.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by WilyWily: 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
kokoA:

You are a full grown naughty person. slowpoke of your types should be kept away from human beings. Thunder strike that your suck-away of a mouth wey you use the insult my people.
He is a Yoruba man,
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2009
WilyWily:

He is a Yoruba man,

How daRe yOU, hic, I am a yorub, your, hic! I am a yoruBa Man and I am not, hic! dRunk, tongue how dAre u inSult , hic, bEnE poople. hic grin
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by afrikaam(m): 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
Ogogoro!! grin

How do the propose they will enforce this. Govt isnt creating jobs but are turning into morality police to increase unemployment.

this is soooooO stupid. Look what happened with prohibition in the US. Scarface

Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by afrikaam(m): 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
Ogogoro!! grin

How do the propose they will enforce this. Govt isnt creating jobs but are turning into morality police to increase unemployment.

this is soooooO stupid. Look what happened with prohibition in the US.

Al Capone. Another measure to increase criminality.

Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by stede(m): 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
afrika.am:

Ogogoro!! grin

this is soooooO silly. Look what happened with prohibition in the US. Scarface
most of our political leaders are dollars. they are not creative @ all
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by mrperfect(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
Is it temporally or permanent?
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by dominique(f): 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
~Bluetooth:

dont say that, they're really nice people. i lived with them for almost a year. too bad poverty and ignorance is getting the better of them.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by back2back(f): 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2009
what record do u have of this happening or are you just going on your anti-western tirades again?

It very sad when people dont know their history. They get lost.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by slimes(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2009
Ok, this move is applaudable but on the other hand, what measures are put in place to engage the displaced 'Ogogoro' sellers who will become idle.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Ndipe(m): 11:08pm On Dec 14, 2009
If they ban Ogogoro, they should also ban foreign wines and whisky. What's good for the goose . . .
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
@nezan & co
benue state has the highest hiv/aids rate in nigeria and you guys are beefing cuz i said benue people are sex maniac, Abegi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambassador JT Kolo Is Dead / World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters With Billions In Foreign Banks / I Dont See Myself As A Nigerian - Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.