Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) (52299 Views)

Physically Challenged Maths Teacher Who Uses Crutches Shows His Football Skills / Armless Ghanaian Maths Teacher Writing With Marker In Her Mouth (Photo) / When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Book After Marking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This picture just dey make me laff since. But the thing no funny dat time o. Chai. I remember my math teacher for hopebay college. Seeing the man alone, u go know say wahala dey grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by jworos(m): 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
I remember doing Machine after being flogged by this evil maths teacher...
Menh I prefer cane pass that Machine punishment shocked
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by seunfape(m): 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
Art students can fear maths but I love maths
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by EFGH: 6:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
Just remember when I was teaching maths as a Corper in Ifaki Grammar School Ekiti state. Those students chop my cane tire. grin

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by wizzard90(m): 6:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
Gbege
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by AreaFada2: 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Why are most maths teachers men sef?....very wicked bunch especially primary and secondary school...is it a requirement that you must be wicked and be a man to teach maths in government schools?

Because men typically study maths/science more except biology.

The best Maths/further maths teachers I knew were women then. One was an Indian lady. Both were maths & further maths wizards. Yes even the lady teachers liked to cane a lot.

But it is only because students unnecessarily fear maths. Fear & anxiety makes understanding it even more difficult. Maths like physics is pretty logical so I cannot usually get why people loathe it so much. Except that some maths teachers were pretty awful communicating the subject.

Nobody is bad in maths really. When well explained, most get it. Like my friends we used to help out at school.
Teachers should make learning maths fun for students. It is their duty.

3 Likes

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by hernandson(m): 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
when you wanna marry from crossriver

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by babyfaceafrica: 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
AreaFada2:

Because men typically study maths/science more except biology.

The best Maths/further maths teachers I knew were women then. One was an Indian lady. Both were maths & further maths wizards. Yes even the lady teachers liked to cane a lot.

But it is only because students unnecessarily fear maths. Fear & anxiety makes understanding it even more difficult. Maths like physics are pretty logical so I cannot usually get why people loathe it so much. Except that some maths teachers were pretty awful communicating the subject.

Nobody is bad in maths really. When well explained, most get it. Like my friends we used to help out at school.
Teachers should make learning maths fun for students. It is their duty.

lolz...maths require patience and constant study..how many of our teeming youths are patient and study regularly?..most of us study 1 week to exam..it does not work that way..in as much as teachers need to teach well,students should not read maths like civic or geography..they will fail!!!

2 Likes

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Sultty(m): 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
Wetin concern me, I b class captain and for that I dey get considerations when d flogging starts grin

3 Likes

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by WhereIsBuhari: 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Na River cross.
hernandson:
when you wanna marry from crossriver
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
i chop cane well well cus of maths

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by PhilAmadeus: 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Arsenalholic:
.... Gosh, op just brought back sad memories *sniffs*

God knew I hated maths with all my life! I remember the day (in SS1) my unforgiving maths uncle trashed me 6 strokes of the cane for not doing my assignment. Egbon just squeeze my trouser join bumbum finish...

..I scratched my buttocks like mad after any stroke landed. The whole class was reeling in laughter... And then my trouser come just go tear join at the 4th stroke.

Choi! I didn't come to school for the next 1 week. I came back and the idiot uncle said he was going to flog me 6 strokes for everyday I missed. Shuó see wahala o! Like person cannor take sabbatical in peace again?

I no gréé this time o. I cease the cane and he had to take me to the principal.

Maths being ruining the lives of many people since 1934
....oooooooohhhhhh u no go kill person for Nairaland ooo...which one be "Sabbatical" again ooooooo....u be Guardiola?...lolz school taya u that tym

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by fasterwell(m): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Why are most maths teachers men sef?....very wicked bunch especially primary and secondary school...is it a requirement that you must be wicked and be a man to teach maths in government schools?

I think you need to have Mrs Odum as your maths teacher then you will realize the male folks are better compared to female maths teachers.

She gather beards, a sign of wickedness

You no ask her question becaise she no go answer but she fit curse your papa join

Me i go just comot from class when her don reach and worst na from 12 noon after break she go teach under hot sun

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by babyfaceafrica: 6:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
fasterwell:

I think you need to have Mrs Odum as your maths teacher then you will realize the male folks are better compared to female maths teachers.

She gather beards, a sign of wickedness

You no ask her question becaise she no go answer but she fit curse your papa join

Me i go just comot from class when her don reach and worst na from 12 noon after break she go teach under hot sun
lolz..what a man van do a woman can do better
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Udochee(m): 6:47pm On Feb 27, 2017
even if you're confident of getting 100%, the sight of the canes will diminish that confidence.
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by horexy(f): 6:47pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mathematics is the easiest subject I've come across. With my dad, as my foundation teacher, u can't but love Maths. He made me and my sisters study Lacombs (the green and red one) and solve almost all the exercises in them. God bless my papa. He rocks! kiss

P.S: I wonder why some pple hate Maths with passion, shebi it's only just to calculate. cheesy

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by creamylicious(f): 6:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
choi Mr anyasi those days..... he'd drag my ears n bring me to d assembly ground d next day to be shamed
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by AreaFada2: 6:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
lolz...maths require patience and constant study..how many of our teeming youths are patient and study regularly?..most of us study 1 week to exam..it does not work that way..in as much as teachers need to teach well,students should not read maths like civic or geography..they will fail!!!
Maths needs practice. You cannot really just read.

I used to use a whiteboard to help some kids living not too far from me. Same for Chemistry equations balancing.

Holding a marker pen and practising on the board kind of empowers the kids. Just encourage them that they can do it. Parents should start early and see where kids struggle.

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
I loved maths then but was always the best in maths and further maths back then in my junior and senior sec school, even went to maths competitions for my school. and I am always the girls favourite, and the truth I studied that course well because of them girls nothing more

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by fasterwell(m): 6:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
WhereIsBuhari:
Na to jump window commot for class.

Bros your head dey there oh. Na 4 window i bin dey sit then oh
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by fasterwell(m): 6:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
lolz..what a man van do a woman can do better

Mrs Odum own worst pass oh.

She sabi knock person for head and her hand dey pain like hammer

She no get time for cane
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by herroyalcuteness(f): 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mathematics is magical...

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by LordOfNaira: 6:58pm On Feb 27, 2017
LAFO:
I used to dislike and fail maths.

Until Mr Kareem came to our school.

He started taking us in SSS2 or so, I loved mathematics and started doin well.

Thanks Alhaji Abdulkareem.

St Anthony's Secondary School Ilorin

The man can flog the whole of Nairaland sha

I taught Literature in that school.

2 Likes

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by VickyRotex(f): 6:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
Chaiiii it's true ooo!. I remember those days! cheesy cheesy

I love Mathematics btw, but I get upset when I'm trying to get an answer and I'm not getting it angry

The best part of Maths, is when you are able to check your answer and verify that it's correct, for example, by substituting x to get y, and vice versa. grin

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Btruth: 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
grin old memories.

Technical Drawing is my most dreadful subject.
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by LAFO: 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
LordofNairaland:

I taught Literature in that school.

What year?
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by obinna58(m): 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
Wish I had that kind of math teacher
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Arsenalholic(m): 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
PhilAmadeus:
....oooooooohhhhhh u no go kill person for Nairaland ooo...which one be "Sabbatical" again ooooooo....u be Guardiola?...lolz school taya u that tym
Lol. I needed the sabbatical o, my brother. The disgrace reach my bone no be small.
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by fasterwell(m): 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
esthel:
cheesy na die o, i would have cried my eyes out b4 he leaves the staff room sef

No need to worry, just answer ABSENT as soon as he called ur name
Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
I now teach mathematics, physics, etc, on nairaland free. With this, u will love maths. Click below & see for yourself via link
www.nairaland.com/3648302/mathematics-topic-set-theory

1 Like

Re: When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) by Culin(f): 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
Maths was my favorite subject in sec school, biology was my most hated and feared.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Still Remember All These Books? (Pictured) / See Universities That Will Consider Awaiting Result This Year. / Student Studies With Stove Light ( PHOTO )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.