Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,548 members, 7,955,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1577 Views)

Foreign Firms Get Big Break Under Nigeria’s New Oil Law / Foreign Firms Take 43 Percent Of Nigeria’s Oil Revenue / 135 Foreign Firms Jostle For Lekki Free Trade Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by malali: 12:37am On Dec 13, 2009
Re: . by malali: 12:40am On Dec 13, 2009
Re: . by tanimz(f): 1:02am On Dec 13, 2009
Seriously, this man should just step down. Look at all the specualations he is causing- both in NIgeria and abroad!!

Just imagine, the wall street journal carrying the news. How are Americans to look at Nigerians- selfish and greedy people. He should just respect himself and step down.

What harm will that do?

Haba for some people sef!!
Re: . by Beaf: 1:33am On Dec 13, 2009
The same article is on Shells website as well http://royaldutchshellplc.com/2009/12/12/nigerian-presidents-absence-stymies-foreign-firms/  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
I believe that this week will see major foreign efforts to pressure Nigeria into forcing a resignation.
Re: . by Tsiya(m): 1:44am On Dec 13, 2009
Kind of funny how Nigeria is turning too.

In the good old days, just give the soilders a slight opportunity, they will boot the sitting government out. Look, the soilders are presented with coup materials but they don't know what to do. Now, everybody is kind of, I don't know how to put it, used to being just like that. Even the trigger happy soilders are no longer active. I bet the only people now capable of coups are Police.

At least, I now understand that, that Nigerians are gradually becoming civilised, and the rule of law gradually taking place
Re: . by Tsiya(m): 1:46am On Dec 13, 2009
I think the military should force him to resign. Imagine the defenders of our nation, are scattered all over the country and Africa, but they don't know where their commander-in-chief is hiding.
Re: . by Beaf: 1:50am On Dec 13, 2009
^
Better watch what you pray for! angry angry angry
Or you haven't heard of IBB and Abacha?
Re: . by Tsiya(m): 1:54am On Dec 13, 2009
I am not praying for that. It is just how the system work suppose to work. If the National Assembly cannot make the President to resign, what they are automatically, they have let loose the armed forces to do what they like since their commander -in-chief is missing. The Armed forces do not take order from FEC nor from defence minister. The Politicians are messing things up here. They are inviting trouble for us
Re: . by Beaf: 1:58am On Dec 13, 2009
If the army make such a move, there will be war.
Re: . by tanimz(f): 1:59am On Dec 13, 2009
Tsiya:

I am not praying for that. It is just how the system work suppose to work. If the National Assembly cannot make the President to resign, what they are automatically, they have let loose the armed forces to do what they like since their commander -in-chief is missing. The Armed forces do not take order from FEC nor from defence minister. The Politicians are messing things up here. They are inviting trouble for us

They have already invited trouble- it is dining with us, sleeping with us and playing with us!
Re: . by Tsiya(m): 2:02am On Dec 13, 2009
Beaf:

If the army make such a move, there will be war.

There wont be any war. Nothing will happen. Are we not in Nigeria? Are we not Nigerians?

What will happen is, some few politicians will be locked up. Few will be bitten and few will be killed. That is all.

I do agree there will be war on cyber world.
Re: . by Beaf: 2:17am On Dec 13, 2009
^
First of all, early this week, The BBC published some analysis on Yar Adua, today, The Wall Street Journal has published a mocking story.
. . .There is growing foreign interest, there will be war.
Re: . by Tsiya(m): 2:22am On Dec 13, 2009
We are a country that care less about ourselves but how foreign countries look at us. If Nigeria and Nigerians do really care about this country, something have to be done about the absence of the president.

Absence of the President, and commander-in-chief, is threat to our national security, the security and life of Nigerians in and out of the country. And it is also a threat the coexistance of many communities in this country.

As it is today, nobody in the country, have the moral and legal authority to deploy soilders/police outside their station without the approval of the president. We are country where religious/ethnic crises can errupts without warning or notice, what will happen to Nigerians today if such thing happen today or tomorrow.
Re: . by Tsiya(m): 2:28am On Dec 13, 2009
There will not be anywar. The UK or America will not deploy their forces to come and aid Nigerians when they refuse to aid themselves. Nothing will happen my friend. The past few years, we hav seen coupes in Africa and all over the world. Nothing happens if the citizens don't care.

Do you think, the masses, will come out and demonstrate because the military take over. No. No way nothing will happen.

Wallahi I tell u, nothing will happen. Infact, people will celebrate, if the general, col, or even the major, is bold enough to effect the arrest of people like Aondoka, Ibori, Goje, Yuguda and few other gov, publicly consficate their property and execute them.

The interest of foreign countries and multinationals is not Nigerians, it is their investment (oil), and they pretty know that their investment is safe whoever is the government in power.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 13, 2009
Beaf:

^
First of all, early this week, The BBC published some analysis on Yar Adua, today, The Wall Street Journal has published a mocking story.
. . .There is growing foreign interest, there will be war.

mocking story is new to you?
Re: . by Beaf: 2:35am On Dec 13, 2009
Tsiya:

There will not be anywar. The UK or America will not deploy their forces to come and aid Nigerians when they refuse to aid themselves. Nothing will happen my friend. The past few years, we hav seen coupes in Africa and all over the world. Nothing happens if the citizens don't care.

Do you think, the masses, will come out and demonstrate because the military take over. No. No way nothing will happen.

Wallahi I tell u, nothing will happen. Infact, people will celebrate, if the general, col, or even the major, is bold enough to effect the arrest of people like Aondoka, Ibori, Goje, Yuguda and few other gov, publicly consficate their property and execute them.

The interest of foreign countries and multinationals is not Nigerians, it is their investment (oil), and they pretty know that their investment is safe whoever is the government in power.

They won't be coming to help us. Like Iraq, it will be for the oil.

It is the US stated intention that they want move most of their oil supply out of the Middle East to West Africa. Nigeria's crude, Bonny light is about the best you can get antwhere in the World. We've already been courting trouble by openly treating the US with disdain for Chinese money. Its just not a good mix.

tpia.:

mocking story is new to you?

--Ignored--
Re: . by Tsiya(m): 2:37am On Dec 13, 2009
Beaf:

They won't be coming to help us. Like Iraq, it will be for the oil.

It is the US stated intention that they want move most of their oil supply out of the Middle East to West Africa. Nigeria's crude, Bonny light is about the best you can get antwhere in the World. We've already been courting trouble by openly treating the US with disdain for Chinese money. Its just not a good mix.

--Ignored--
So in essence you agree there will be no war if the military boys take over the gov't?
Re: . by Beaf: 2:45am On Dec 13, 2009
Tsiya:

So in essence you agree there will be no war if the military boys take over the gov't?

No I don't. The reason it is likely to precipitate war is like I said before "We've already been courting trouble by openly treating the US with disdain for Chinese money". The army is likely to build up arms and mordernise with Chinese weapons (unlike the current decripite state of our equipment); that wouldn't bode well for a potential superpower squabbling ground; US war games are simulated with ancient MIG 21's, no Chinese alliance or any new sophisticated weapons are  factored in, the US will do what they can to keep that exactly as it is (and keep the oil flowing West, rather than East).
Re: . by Tsiya(m): 2:54am On Dec 13, 2009
common my friend, it seems you like building up conspiracy theories. Nothing will happen. Do you know that china, is one of the major beneficiaries of Iraqi invasion? Nothing will happen. Stop dreaming there will be war or anthing. It seems to me you have been outside Nigeria for quite a long time and you do not think like a Nigerian anymore. Or you are in Nigeria but spend most of your time watching CNN, BBC and probably reading a lot of things on the net. My friend, the Nigerians, whom I am part of, will do nothing today if the government collapse and military take over. Apart from few politicians, most Nigerians will celebrate, after all we havent benefited from the so called government for the people
Re: . by paddylo1(m): 2:57am On Dec 13, 2009
i dont see what the big deal is about this yar aduas illness. . .

the way i see it,there is an election scheduled in abt 1yr

if the ruling party has an incompetent president as leader,then it is their problem

nigerians will vote them out in 2011

i dont understand what the military has to do with this

ppl should think logically. . .
Re: . by paddylo1(m): 3:00am On Dec 13, 2009
Apart from few politicians, most Nigerians will celebrate, after all we havent benefited from the so called government for the people

i sincerely doubt that. . .why would u want someone trained to shoot and kill people ruling over u?

most americans too despise the congress in general,but they love their individual members. .

i believe most state indigenes would prefer their present governor to some illiterate military administrator
Re: . by Beaf: 3:09am On Dec 13, 2009
^
Thank you jare!

@Tsiya
Check this article https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-365671.0.html
The pressure is already gaining full gallop.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi / A Case Of Fraud In Nigeria High Commission In Malaysia / A Typical Nigerian Man Is Greedy<over Ambitious Too>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.