Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today (10415 Views)

Victor Uwaifo: Government Should Have My Museum, Take It Over, Manage It / Sir Victor Uwaifo: "Simi Is In Trouble For Stealing From Me" / Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 7:37am On Mar 01, 2017
Sir Victor Uwaifo (born 1 March 1941) is a Nigerian musician, writer, sculptor, and musical instrument inventor. He also served as commissioner for arts and culture in Edo State under the government of Lucky Igbinedion. Uwaifo is famous for his joromi music. He records under the name Sir Victor Uwaifo.

His best-known songs, "Guitar Boy" and "Mami Water", were a huge hit in 1966. "Mami Water" was inspired by an encounter (which he has long maintained actually occurred) with a "mami water" (mermaid) while lounging on Bar Beach, Lagos.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Uwaifo

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 01, 2017
Guitar Boy (Man)

4 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by nerodenero: 8:09am On Mar 01, 2017
Happy birthday to a legend! I love Joromi and the story behind it.
In the folklore of ancient Bini (Benin-City or Benin Empire), Joromi was a warrior (wrestler) who battled and defeated all possible rivals on earth. With no rivals on earth to engage in battle, he decided to battle with people from the Afterworld.

Defying warnings from the elders of the land he engaged in battle with a warrior from the Afterworld. He never returned to tell if he was victorious.

The story of Joromi became popular when renowned musician Sir Victor Uwaifo sang about Joromi.

5 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by ALAYORMII: 8:34am On Mar 01, 2017
Happy birthday Egbon

Happy New Month NLanders

Something for the New Month

Guy: Doctor, My girlfriend is pregnant but
we always use protection and the rubber
never broke. How is it possible?

Doctor: Let me tell you a story: "There was
once a Hunter who always carries a Gun
wherever he goes. One day he took his
Umbrella instead of his Gun and went out.
A Lion suddenly jumped infront of him.
In order to scare the Lion,the Hunter used
the Umbrella like a Gun,and shot the
Lion,then it died!

Guy: Nonsense!! Someone else must've
shot the Lion...

Doctor: Good!! You understood the Story.
Next patient please...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by yerokunphilips: 8:35am On Mar 01, 2017
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LEGEND .
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by babyfaceafrica: 8:35am On Mar 01, 2017
Hapi birthday sir...abeg I won see the mammy water to?
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by coolebux(m): 8:35am On Mar 01, 2017
HBD Sir
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by holatin(m): 8:35am On Mar 01, 2017
happy birthday to a musical legend.

still wonder why old people live longer while d youth die like chicken this day.

abi we don reach end time ?

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by nsiazu: 8:35am On Mar 01, 2017
Legend!!!!! On like the rascal Nigerian music now
Remembering "Guiter Boy" and "If u see mami water ooo never never run away winkLegend!!!!! On like the rascal Nigerian music now
Remembering "Guiter Boy" and "If u see mami water ooo never never run away
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by Abdulazeez007(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2017
joromi jomi jo
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by emvico(m): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2017
undecided
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by MamaCass: 8:38am On Mar 01, 2017
So this guy old pass PMB self! Ok PMB quontinu to lie about your age o.

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 01, 2017
Stubborn Joromi lol

Happy birthday legend
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by mazizitonene(m): 8:44am On Mar 01, 2017
If you see mami water o...

happy birthday sir

for like make u show us where exactly and time u see that mami water....Some pipu for like see am too
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by naptu2: 8:47am On Mar 01, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by saxwizard(m): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2017
happy birthday

mazizitonene:
If you see mami water o...
never run away grin cheesy
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by DeRay98(m): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2017
The generation of musical legends the man belong to are multi talented instrumentalists, who are musicians to the core.
Call any of them today to repeat the song they played 40yrs ago, they won't miss a key or tone.
But today's boys and girls in music today who are musical actors that can't reproduce the song they played last year. All you hear is "remix", that's the cover-up for not being able to repeat their own previous work.
Hail the legends

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by naptu2: 8:49am On Mar 01, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 01, 2017
They don't make them like this anymore. HBD cool

1 Like

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by Boboforthegirls: 8:50am On Mar 01, 2017
Legends are born in March

2 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by mazizitonene(m): 8:54am On Mar 01, 2017
saxwizard:
happy birthday

never run away grin cheesy
ifah hear say u no take off grin grin
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by Blaqsuqar: 8:57am On Mar 01, 2017
Good old high-life..if u see mami water,never u run away...hbd epa,dormor sir
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by Desdola(m): 9:01am On Mar 01, 2017
Happy birthday a living legend. They sang good music
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by imarayij(m): 9:06am On Mar 01, 2017
Thank God say d man house near my school....free food all the way
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by mastermaestro(m): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2017
Boboforthegirls:
Legends are born in March

Tend to agree with you. March and July have been catching my attention for sometime now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by mastermaestro(m): 9:12am On Mar 01, 2017
DeRay98:
The generation of musical legends the man belong to are multi talented instrumentalists, who are musicians to the core.
Call any of them today to repeat the song they played 40yrs ago, they won't miss a key or tone.
But today's boys and girls in music today who are musical actors that can't reproduce the song they played last year. All you hear is "remix", that's the cover-up for not being able to repeat their own previous work.
Hail the legends

Very true.
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by Flexherbal(m): 9:12am On Mar 01, 2017
Happy birthday to him!
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by henrimoto(m): 9:13am On Mar 01, 2017
@Lalasticlala, I knew this thread would be your handiwork before I opened it.
Welldone!!
....And to all the "Mammy Water" Babes on Nairaland, I dash unu #Guiterboyz!
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by Branzy(m): 9:37am On Mar 01, 2017
still a prof in uniben smiley
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by toogbasky(m): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2017
I swear, I am still crushing on his mammy water of a daughter or graduated from uniben last year, if u see dis gurl ehn, different style go just dey enta ur mind( Doggy, missionary, touch ur toe e.t.c)
Re: Victor Uwaifo Celebrates 76th Birthday Today by daroz(m): 9:57am On Mar 01, 2017
HBD sir Prof. Victor Uwaifo

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEE What A Celebrity Wore To A Dinner Party, Exposing Her b0*0bs [PHOTOS] / Naira Marley With Half Naked Girls On The Chartered Private Jet-photo / Meet 11 Celebrities Who Became Mothers In Their Teens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.