Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Spike Vga Awards: Uncharted 2 Lands Top Honors - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Spike Vga Awards: Uncharted 2 Lands Top Honors (863 Views)

2013 Spike Vgx Awards (formerly Video Game Awards) / Pes 2012 On 64mb Vga / Spike Video Game Award (vga) 2009 Award Nominees! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spike Vga Awards: Uncharted 2 Lands Top Honors by kosovo(m): 6:53am On Dec 13, 2009
Psxextreme Writes

Mere hours after we complained that sales for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves were far too low, Naughty Dog's gem took home the coveted Spike VGA 2009 Game of the Year award.

We had no choice but to agree with the majority of VGA nominees; think what you will about this awards show, but it was a solid and realistic list from both a critic's and gamer's standpoint. This is also turning into the Academy Awards for the industry although most insiders will tell you the annual AIAS awards are a bit more meaningful. Anyway, Uncharted 2 won Game of the Year, which is absolutely the correct decision and we're once again proud of the developers for giving us such a memorable experience. The nearly unparalleled sequel also took home Best Graphics and Best PS3 Game, although it lost out in the action/adventure category to Assassin's Creed II. , gee, an awards show after my own heart. I told you all how much ACII ruled and although I'm not saying the VGA Awards are the be-all and end-all, I consider it some form of vindication. Rocksteady Studios managed to nab Studio of the Year but outside of that, Batman: Arkham Asylum went without for the evening. This may annoy some of you - I know we have lots of Arkham Asylum fans around here - but hey, the competition was stiff.

Besides, our favorite RPG of the year, Dragon Age: Origins also had a big night, winning Best RPG of the Year and Best PC Game. Again, I bet some of you had hoped for Demon's Souls but to even have that title nominated is excellent, considering how "niche" it is in comparison to the rest of the very mainstream lineup. Lastly, Flower won Best Independent Game Fueled by Mountain Dew and we love that game, so, Damn good night, I would say. You can check the entire list if you wish; see what you agree and disagree with. At first, I was disappointed that Claudia Black didn't win Best Voice for Chloe Frazer but I have to admit, Jack Black in Brutal Legend was deserving of the award. However, how the hell Uncharted 2 wasn't at least nominated for Best Cast is totally beyond me. Absolutely the best overall voice-acting of the generation and yes, I'm including MGS4 in that category.

Quick Edit: Killzone 2 needed to win the shooter awards, if not the Best Multiplayer award. That is all.

(1) (Reply)

Come In If You Love Comic Books / Current List Of Ps3 Titles That Will Support Move / Can You Remember The Last Time You Played Mario?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.