Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

A Big Question For All Christian Zealots - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Big Question For All Christian Zealots (746 Views)

All Christian Books Available For Free - Name It, Get It / Pator Adeboye: Pray Against Flood And Fire Incidents, A Big One Is Coming / Ramadan Package For All Christian Brethren (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by Zeddicuz(m): 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
In John chapter 11,we read how Jesus miraculously raised Lazarus,the brother of Martha and mary who hsd been dead for four days back to life.now the puzzling question is this: For those propagating the teaching of heaven and hell, WHERE WAS LAZARUS DURING THIS FOUR DAYS OF HIS DEATH?,if it was heaven,would he have loved to leave the happiness of that place for this earth,and if it was hell,was Jesus justified to retrieve a sinner God has condemned to hell? i leave you to answer
Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by Thepasserby(m): 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
Zeddicuz:
In John chapter 11,we read how Jesus miraculously raised Lazarus,the brother of Martha and mary who hsd been dead for four days back to life.now the puzzling question is this: For those propagating the teaching of heaven and hell, WHERE WAS LAZARUS DURING THIS FOUR DAYS OF HIS DEATH?,if it was heaven,would he have loved to leave the happiness of that place for this earth,and if it was hell,was Jesus justified to retrieve a sinner God has condemned to hell? i leave you to answer

Thank you for your question... Before Jesus raised him from the dead, their was a particular thing he had told them.

John 11:14-15 so Jesus said plainly, Lazarus is dead. But for your sake, I am glad that I was not with him so that you will believe. Let us go.

There was a question about Jesus' authority, even his own disciples doubted him.

Jesus had promised all those who believed in him eternal life and they were still in doubt of this and hence God used this scenario to glorify himself in the life of Jesus. (Check verse 26).

Jesus raised him back to life so that the whole people will believe him as the Messiah and as someone sent by God. (Check verse 41-44).

There was no record of whether he was in heaven or not but all we knew was that he was ressurected from the dead to prove the message Jesus had spoken concerning eternal life.

Although the book of Thomas (which was not canonized) told us that Lazarus was in hel when Jesus raised him back to life. A more reason why the book was not canonized because Thomas did not witness it.
Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by luvmijeje(f): 12:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
Zeddicuz:

Una question deh tire person. Jesus said in John 11:11
11 After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”

Lobatan! He was neither in heaven or in hell but he was only sleeping.
Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by enshy: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
Zeddicuz:
Thank you.
Sleep here implies physical death.
Jesus told his disciples, Lazarus was sleeping amd would wake him.
He wanted the world to know there will be resurrection after death.
When a Saint dies, he goes to Paradise i.e Abraham's bosom but when a sinner dies he goes to Hades i.e Hell: refer Jesus n the thief, story of Lazarus n the rich man, even Paul mentioned being in the presence of the Lord after death.
So Lazarus died for 4 days (science says dead bodies starts decomposing after 3 days), he must have being in Abrahams bosom i.e Paradise and Jesus commanded him (he couldnt have resisted) back to life to show He had power to resurrect the dead.
Because at the rapture, the second coming of Christ, all that died in Christ will return to their graves and rise with their decomposed bodies together with the saints on earth to be joined forever with the Lord in the Lord!
Every eye will see it! The Religious, Athiest, Sinner, Moslem, those that practise xtianity as religion. Only those that have accepted Jesus will be joined with Christ!
Oh may I not be left out. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by CatfishBilly: 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
enshy:

Thank you.
When a Saint dies, he goes to Paradise i.e Abraham's bosom but when a sinner dies he goes to Hades i.e Hell: refer Jesus n the thief, story of Lazarus n the rich man, even Paul mentioned being in the presence of the Lord after death.
So Lazarus died for 4 days (science says dead bodies starts decomposing after 3 days), he must have being in Abrahams bosom i.e Paradise and Jesus commanded him (he couldnt have resisted) back to life to show He had power to resurrect the dead.
Because at the rapture, the second coming of Christ, all that died in Christ will return to their graves and rise with their decomposed bodies together with the saints on earth to be joined forever with the Lord in the Lord!
Every eye will see it! The Religious, Athiest, Sinner, Moslem, those that practise xtianity as religion. Only those that have accepted Jesus will be joined with Christ!
Oga, the bolded is a blatant lie.
You don't have to lie to teach the word, you know, right?
Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by enshy: 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Please correct.
A wise man is always open to correction and rebuke, it is ointment upon my head...
Thanks!
Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by CandidSeeker(m): 12:39am On Apr 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

You're quick to point out 'what you think is a lie, but you ignored the precise answer he gave to the OP:

enshy:

...He wanted the world to know there will be resurrection after death.

-Peace.
Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by CatfishBilly: 6:41am On Apr 18, 2017
CandidSeeker:

You're quick to point out 'what you think is a lie, but you ignored the precise answer he gave to the OP:

-Peace.
I think it's a lie? Na wa. This is science, not the Bible, no "Reading in context" or "You need the Holy Spirit to explain it to you", it's easily verifiable, answer is literally one click away.
He said a lie, what do you want me to do? Fold my arms and ignore it?
Mba, it can't happen. So that someone won't see it and take it as face value and believe it and start spreadingit around.

1 Like

Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by enshy: 10:49am On May 19, 2017
enshy:

Thank you.

CatfishBilly:

Pls felixomor and spacetacular, help confirm if Catfishbilly was right here.
How long does it take for dead human body to start decomposing?
I said 3 days but Catfishbilly said its a lie...Though I humbly accepted and told him to correct me.
He never did till today...
Pls help clarify this.
Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by felixomor: 10:58am On May 19, 2017
enshy:

Pls felixomor and spacetacular, help confirm if Catfishbilly was right here.
How long does it take for dead human body to start decomposing?
I said 3 days but Catfishbilly said its a lie...Though I humbly accepted and told him to correct me.
He never did till today...
Pls help clarify this.
Actually,
The different parts of the body decompose at different rates.
What you may be referring to by (about 3days) may be the time it takes for decomposition changes to start becoming obvious and visible and bloating to start to occur.
Re: A Big Question For All Christian Zealots by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 19, 2017
Zeddicuz:

That account from the bible might be inaccurate

(1) (Reply)

Turn To Jesus Now / I Need Advice On How To Start Church Business / Seeds Of Destiny Dec. 20 By Pastor Paul Enenche : Topic -A Lifting In A Meltdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.