Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity?? (500 Views)

Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria? / Mother Of Boy Who Was Killed In Owerri Bursts Into Tears As PDP Visits. Photos / Man Beats Up IKEDC Staff For Distributing Bills Without Constant Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity?? by kYjelly2: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
My aunt and I were having an argument about power supply.

She was praising Fashola, saying that power has now improved, just because they had power constantly for like a week.

I tried to explain to her that if they are enjoying power, it means others are suffering, as we are still generating below 5GW.

She started saying I was biased and it's because I don't support Buhari.

Now, for the past one week, they have barely seen any electricity undecided

Just made me wonder why we celebrate mediocrity all the time.

Trust me, if we start generating like 7GW, I will be the first to celebrate and not before.

Every year Nigerians celebrate that "light is constant", then right after that, they are plunged back into darkness sad
Re: Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity?? by PapaBaby: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity

It can't be short burst and then be constant in one sentence.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity?? by kYjelly2: 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
PapaBaby:
Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity

It can't be short burst and then be constant in one sentence.

Yes it can!

For instance, you can have A WEEK of constant electricity and ANOTHER WEEK of epileptic power supply.

A week of constant rain fall and another week with no rain fall.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity?? by Elkay3: 1:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
In the absence on the preferable, why not celebrate the available?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity?? by kYjelly2: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
Elkay3:
In the absence on the preferable, why not celebrate the available?

I understand where ur coming from, being content and all, but we must also remember the parable of the talents.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity?? by Elkay3: 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
kYjelly2:

I understand where ur coming from, being content and all, but we must also remember the parable of the talents.

I don't even celebrate, when I see light for a week or two, I get skeptical. My mind keeps telling me "go get enough fuel for the generator". You already know why. It's because we've not been having standard supply of electricity. Don't blame us.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Short Bursts Of Constant Electricity?? by spora(m): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
kYjelly2:

Your post Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria made it to the frontpage and people are asking for the contact of the Lebanese mechanic. Please go back and reply us. Many people are in the same dilemma and need urgent solution.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of The New Recovery Made From Customs Boss Who Forfeited 17 Exotic Cars / Re-positioning Of Tourism Agency Gathers Steam: Outgoing Ag. DG, Others Demoted / President Muhammadu Buhari Has Concluded Plans To Change Ministers/aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.