Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Kindly Advise Me. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Kindly Advise Me. (818 Views)

Advise Me On My Decision Plz / Please Advise Me On How To Go. / Pls Guys Advise Me, I Want To Go Into It But I Dont Know What To Choose Adivse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advise Me. by Cockyzy(m): 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2009
Hello fellow nairalander P.i want you advise and give reasons to it.Presently,am Doing National innovative diploma in Computer software engineering @ NIIT and am confused on what field to go for prior to university career courses as it have Software development,Information technology,computer science,Telecommunication e.t.c.please let me know to what course will my knowledge as a software developer be more helpful.your response would be greatly appreciated and would help in my choice-making in future.
Re: Kindly Advise Me. by Bigshegzy: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2009
guy being a software engineer what to study in school should not be your problem my guy very simple computer science is d best course 4 u .
Re: Kindly Advise Me. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2009
yea, kind of covers all
Re: Kindly Advise Me. by segsalerty(m): 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
i suggest you go for Information Technoology as i am currently doing right now , just in 100L and already a sun certified JAVA programmer, a proffessional coder in web and software based langs ,
I wish you the best
Re: Kindly Advise Me. by joefazee(m): 11:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
Been a software programmer is different from certificate owner and without your university, you can still become the world best hacker trust me, but you need some level of education and computer science will really help you, but remember, you must understand the field of your programming, that is, if you want to become a real estate software programmer, the person who studied real estate and self trained himself as a programmer will write better application because he understand it better. so think about it. programming is not big, but what to program is bigger than we think we know.

@Good luck!
Re: Kindly Advise Me. by segsalerty(m): 12:17am On Dec 15, 2009
@Guy , i tell you ,
For Nigeria here , if you dont have Certificates , people wont look you as what you know ,
Them go dey kick you about like ball with peanut pay while they continue dey praise you and your head go dey swell, Dont make the mistake of not going to Univ and having certificated , It helps in naija , no be abrpad we dey !
Re: Kindly Advise Me. by joefazee(m): 2:00am On Dec 15, 2009
@segsalerty you are right, but the only way to escape some pay shit is to design your own platform and you stay inside it, as a programmer, you are made independent and not a slave to any YES SIR, or Lagos hold-up in the morning for 30 days before you got paid.

Out there, every man on his own and if you work full time, you are been paid per project or time not this 30 days shit, like me, i don suffer, the thing pushed me into virri programming but nothing do me sha, PHP and Python the hala for my head, i will catch up with Java guys later.

(1) (Reply)

Help In Asp. How Do I Save A Picture / Php Video Tutorial (learning By Yourself). / Flash Cs3 Has Stopped Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.